Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 2:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Unplayed Veronaville lots have a newspaper?!
I packaged the houses from a new and unplayed Veronaville and I'm using them in a custom hood, but I noticed that each one has a newspaper already present when I move in a family. Is this ok or are the lots corrupted? Which would mean my custom hood is corrupted too, correct? Or could I move out all the families into the sim bin and start them over in a different lot?
Humble thanks for any comments and suggestions!
Cheers, Vllygrl

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 5:37 AM
All the pre-made hoods come already corrupted and all Maxis lots come packed full of sim references, in the hood or in the bin. Best to clean them first.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188 go down until you see the Lot Compressor with add on by Chris Hatch, that is the easiest way to clean lots.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 7:18 AM
What does Chris Hatch's add-on do?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
What does Chris Hatch's add-on do?

Gets rid of the sim references instead of doing it manually in simPE.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 10:55 AM
Oh cool, I'd not seen any documentation for that. Thanks Jo!
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 4:06 AM
Of course. I remember now that all the premade hoods are corrupted, totally forgot about that in relation to the lots actually being corrupted as well, of course. Thank you so much Jo for the reminder, the link, and the explanations, much appreciated. [ Vllygrl shuffles away muttering to self about once again asking silly questions].

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.