Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 1:53 AM
Default Can I convert Sims 2 Objects to Sims 3 using Blender?
Hey so I'm stuck at this part of the tutorial and I was wondering if anyone has a Blender equivalent point for me to jump off to? Thanks!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ebflover777
Hey so I'm stuck at this part of the tutorial and I was wondering if anyone has a Blender equivalent point for me to jump off to? Thanks!

Hello @ebflover777
Recently I have had a look over a couple of ways to convert Sims 2 objects to Sims 3 but elected for another method as this tutorial is fairly lengthy and to me, a little complicated.
I chose this method How to Convert Sims2 objects to Sims3, however there is a known issue that some items items e.g. living chairs cannot convert due to the groups not being as expected and why I posted here and on the TSR Workshop site but still awaiting a reply.

If you should watch this video, it does demonstrate how to add on the extra needed when using Milkshape 3D as well as the process of using Milkshape 3D.
As you use Blender, you will be able to make the comparison to achieve the same result.
If there are major differences, why not try Milkshape 3D as there is a free trial for a month before you decide if you are happy with it and want to purchase it?

I tried looking for other tutorials on converting Sims 2 to Sims 3 using Blender but was unable to find any for you.
Wishing you luck!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello @ebflover777
Recently I have had a look over a couple of ways to convert Sims 2 objects to Sims 3 but elected for another method as this tutorial is fairly lengthy and to me, a little complicated.
I chose this method How to Convert Sims2 objects to Sims3, however there is a known issue that some items items e.g. living chairs cannot convert due to the groups not being as expected and why I posted here and on the TSR Workshop site but still awaiting a reply.

If you should watch this video, it does demonstrate how to add on the extra needed when using Milkshape 3D as well as the process of using Milkshape 3D.
As you use Blender, you will be able to make the comparison to achieve the same result.
If there are major differences, why not try Milkshape 3D as there is a free trial for a month before you decide if you are happy with it and want to purchase it?

I tried looking for other tutorials on converting Sims 2 to Sims 3 using Blender but was unable to find any for you.
Wishing you luck!

thank you so much!!!!