Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 10:33 AM Last edited by JulietElysa : 3rd Apr 2021 at 9:38 PM.
Default Body Shop Corrupting Hair? - SOLVED
Hello! I'm working on recoloring the maid hair, and I've made a beautiful texture. But instead of my beautiful texture Body Shop gives me this...

I've tried multiple hairs, and they all do this. Clothing just does a flat black texture. What can I do?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 4:09 PM
Have you checked the output of the textures?

The files should be 24-bit BMPs in the original size (usually either 512x512 or 1024x1024 px or something like it, depending on the hair).

Make sure you don't use other formats than the "allowed" ones. The most common you'll see are sides being 256/512/1024 px (double/halve for more). You can't use for instance 510x510 px or 980x569 px.

If the textures change colors and do other weird things (like it seems to in your pictures) make sure to use the right size (see above) and format (BMP 24-bit) and names (keep the original name) for the picture files saved in the Project folder. If you're using for instance Gimp (maybe a few other programs), you have to save the pictures in a spesific way to make them save properly. Photoshop (and probably a few others) let you save over the original file, so there the issue won't happen.

If the filesize gets smaller, make sure your Bodyshop is set up properly:
https://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Your-Bo...s-in-The-Sims-2
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...y_Shop_Projects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you checked the output of the textures?

The files should be 24-bit BMPs in the original size (usually either 512x512 or 1024x1024 px or something like it, depending on the hair).

That took care of it! I had my paint program set to auto-detect bit size and it apparently chose something other than 24. Thank you!