Replies: 4508 (Who?), Viewed: 148663 times.
Page 175 of 181
Mad Poster
#4351 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 6:15 PM
I didn't get sleep all night. It was like those cartoons where sleep eludes the protagonist. No matter how I tried, sleep wouldn't come.

It wasn't until between 8:30AM~11:30AM I was able to get sleep. I eventually woke up just in time to bring groceries in.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
#4352 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 9:38 AM
I'm okay. Yesterday I had a wonderful day on a little mountain near my home, the cable cars and the tram were being tested, ready for things to open back up again properly. We had a hot dog (a real "what meat is this?" sausage, not just a normal pork sausage that I hate!) and a hot chocolate and Ivy played on the playground. They set a date for my ultrasound, its 2 days before my birthday so now I'm trying to arrange to see my family on my birthday so I can tell them the news :D

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4353 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 11:07 AM
I'm allergic to something on my bed. I have no idea what it is, but I'm over my asthma being triggered by it.  This has been going on for months;  I'd rather just sleep on the floor.

I had a dream where my house was on a hill. Across the street was a cliff that didn't have a guardrail.  As I was checking the mail, a person that was driving by waved to me, then proceeded to drive off the cliff.    My house doesn't sit on a hill, I did not recognize the person that drove off the cliff and the last thing I remember from that dream is calling 911.

The person I buy most of my plants from chopped up her Philodendron Pink Princess so she could sell it.  It has taken a couple of years to get enough cuttings to propagate to meet the demand for this plant, but I don't understand the hype surrounding this plant.  Sure, the leaves have pink variegation, but the variegation is not stable, so in order to keep the pink, this plant needs be to continually chopped up and propagated because if a person doesn't do this, the plant loses all the pink variegation and the pink princess turns into the brown princess.

Then there is the growing pattern of this plant. It is leggy and gangly.  Most non-vine Philodendrons have shape, the Pink Princess doesn't.  It just grows in whatever awkward way it wants, then because they have to be chopped and hacked, they just get uglier with time.

I'm not throwing shade at the person that sells me plants; she has a business and there is demand for this plant.  Some of the plants I've purchased from her came from her personal collection and I love them such as my Philodendron Brasil, so there is no issue with that. I just don't understand why people want a Philodendron Pink Princess. Maybe some day when they are no longer trendy and it is figured out how to keep the variegation stable, I'll buy one when it is $20.00 for a full plant, but for the time being, I'll pass.  I don't have to jump through all the hoops with my Pink Syngonium.  The pink variegation is stable and if I don't like the vines that it creates, I can cut them off, propagate them and have more pink plants.
Mad Poster
#4354 Old 1st May 2021 at 12:47 AM
Burnt out. Playing "Entry of the Gladiators" (aka the Circus Clown Music) in my brain on a loop.

I can only hope that the new month is more satisfying than they're making out to be. I have a surgery for fillings because I still have those British teeth and I can confirm that my father and 5 of his 7 siblings needed orthodontia of various types.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4355 Old 1st May 2021 at 12:05 PM
I don't use the phrase 'crackhead' very often, but it has been a crackhead party lately. I'm over it.

I mentioned that there was a 'debate' between my doctor and I over a tetanus shot recently. He told me they were going to charge me $250.00 because "they're not covered" Yeah no. I looked it up yesterday while looking up something else. Tetanus shots are covered, there isn't even a co-pay for one.

The crackhead crap doesn't end with me.  The Boy has been having problems with his prescriptions. Instead of just jumping in and dealing with it for him, I've been guiding him through the process as this is something he needs to learn how to do.  Almost a month and half later, the situation wasn't improving, nothing was being fixed and everybody was running him around in circles. I stepped in.

Long story short, the crackheads from the doctors office were writing his prescriptions wrong.  One was being written to be filled every 18 days instead of for a 90-day supply. It is for a rescue inhaler. There is no reason for them only allowing this type of med to go out the door every 18 days.  The other prescription which is also a asthma med, they wrote the script so that he would have to purchase 12 inhalers all at once.  Most of these inhalers would expire by the time he got through them all.

The insurance company cleared these scripts for 90-day refills when they were sent in.  The crackheads at the insurance company seemed to lack the ability to explain the 'problem' to The Boy.  CVS was also part of the crackhead party as they should have questioned WTF was going on in the first place.  My insurance company is partnered with CVS.  

My doctors office, the insurance company and CVS all have things called telephones, fax machines, ect...   They do not lack the ability to communicate with each other. They are not required to send messages via carrier pigeon or use smoke signals. There is no excuse for any of this bullshit that has gone on for almost 2 months.

Can't talk about crackheads without mentioning Amazon.

They once again were caught leaving packages outside of the post office. I called them about this a couple of weeks ago. I was told that they wouldn't do this anymore.  If I had a nickle for every time they've told me this, I'd be up to around fifty cents at this point.

When I decided to change the plant light set up in my office, Amazon assured me that everything would be delivered all at once, cool.  It would be on more thing to knock off the proverbial To-Do list. Yeah no. They delivered part of it, the other was supposed to be delivered the same day, but that hasn't even been shipped yet.

I tried ordering a toaster. I finally found a company that makes them that doesn't cause house fires, melt or is broken out of the box.  I ordered one, paid for it, then checked when to see when that was supposed to arrive.  Amazon decided that they were going to sell me a used toaster at full price.  I know this because after the the description for said toaster, it said "RENEW".  NOPE!  They already sold me a used humidifier for full price, they're not doing this again, so I cancelled the order.  We can continue to deal with the broken toaster they sent up a couple of months ago.  The lever won't stay down, so it has to be held if anybody wants toast. Yet another problem with toasters made in China.  Apparently there is no US companies interested in making toasters within our own borders.

I've come to the conclusion that these people think I'm a blooming fucking idiot as there is no reason for this nonsense otherwise.  They pull their pull crap, get bent when I call them out and yet it always ends up being a rinse, wash and repeat, repeat, repeat...situation.

My pets and plants don't pull this shit with me.  If there is ever any doubt about why I can go from posts talking about crackheads to being chill while talking about about my pets or plants, the previous sentence sums it up. Also, I may not be able to claim that I rarely say "crackhead" much longer either, as it so fitting this stuff.  People spend all of their time thumping their chests about going to college, having degrees, blah,blah,blah and yet assholes can't figure out a 90-day prescription or not to leave packages in front of a closed business.  So frickin' smart....
Mad Poster
#4356 Old 2nd May 2021 at 12:02 AM
Received beauty products like makeup and hair, soda syrup and a coin purse which, although cute, my parents derided it as an "old man purse".

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4357 Old 3rd May 2021 at 10:42 AM
Where oh where, oh where do lost packages go,

Where oh where, oh where could they be....

Amazon lost the lighting kit stuff I mentioned in my last post.  Amazon is the one that was supposed to deliver it, so I'm throwing them under the bus for it. I realize that doing so doesn't matter because they give zero fugs, but I'm doing it it anyway. 

Now I get to wait for my refund to show up, then order the same stuff all over again.  I know Way Fair sells some lighting stuff, I'll see what I can find on there.
Mad Poster
#4358 Old 3rd May 2021 at 10:18 PM
Made a withdrawal to pay the RUB and then a deposit to buffer my bank account at the bank.

Personally, I kept track of purchases and deposits\withdrawals

Scholar
#4359 Old 4th May 2021 at 7:08 PM Last edited by Dizzy-noodles : 5th May 2021 at 12:40 AM.
Feeling irritated today.

Me at work (very busy and trying to get stuff done for a deadline)
Colleague: "Hi Dizzy-noodles, can you e-mail so and so, and ask them...."
Colleague 2: "Hi Dizzy-noodles, can you e-mail so and so, and ask them...."
Colleague 3: "Hi Dizzy-noodles, can you e-mail so and so, and ask them...."

Me, in my head: "....Are your keyboards broken or something...?!"

grrr!

Edited to add:
Also I get more obsessive if I'm stressed, so tonight:
Brain: "Hey remember all those months you've spent finding, making and tweaking your default replacement and CC hairs?"
Me: "Yeah, phew, lots of hard work!"
Brain: "Why don't you find every pookleted version ever made of each one of those hairs, and download them all, so you can compare them and make sure you have the absolute best version there is - for every.single.hair."
Me: "But I have pookleted versions of each one in my favourite colours, I'm happy with them."
Brain: "Are you really though?"
Me: ".........."
Brain: "............"
Me: "............well........ok.......just 5 minutes can't hurt......."
Mad Poster
#4360 Old 5th May 2021 at 8:35 PM
Cleaned out my purse and used clear vinyl bags for sorting items. Found my missing house key. Currently sorting items in my bathroom by application.

Mad Poster
#4361 Old 7th May 2021 at 7:59 PM
Had 11 vials of blood extracted from me.
Revived myself with convenience store food.
(Weird item in Wawa: Moon Cheese. "I don't know, lad, it's like no cheese I've ever tasted" W&G reference)
Went grocery shopping.
Went home and relaxed after the ordeal (to get me able to produce blood on the inside of my elbow, it required tying it off, applying a head heater for newborn babies and then poking and drawing.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4362 Old 10th May 2021 at 1:29 PM
Meh

The weeping cherry tree is under attack by aphids.  I need to spray it but it is rainy, cold and crappy out, so the nasty pests get to feast on new leaves for one more day.   I was going to spray it the other day, but got busy with something else and forgot about it.

I have a donation box sitting in the kitchen that I need to finish 'filling' so I can get it out of my face.  It has been awhile since I've felt the need for a donation box, but lately it feels like the walls are caving in on me.  Getting rid of stuff doesn't make that feeling go away, but having less shizz laying around doesn't hurt either.

And then there is Frank, the angelfish.  A couple of weeks ago he smacked himself off of the lid of the tank after being spooked when a light was turned on.  He hasn't been right since, refuses to eat and overall is pretty miserable.  My guess is when he landed, he came down on the dragon stone and did some internal damage.  There isn't anything I can do other than keep him as comfortable as possible as well as keep trying to get him to eat.

To prevent more spooked events and the other fish from picking at him, I have a plastic container that floats in the tank that has a whole bunch of holes drilled into it to allow water flow.  Over the container I have a fake plant covering part of it so if he decides to freak out about something else, the plant will keep him from bouncing off the glass again.

I've been thinking about what to do with the tank when I no longer have fish. I've been in the hobby for a long time, so I think once everybody is gone, I'm going to convert the tank into a propagation tank for plants.  They'll be all in one spot, I can raise the humidity and such as it has a glass top and I'll finally be able to move my desk to a different spot.  The way my office is set up revolves around the fish tank.  If it were a tiny tank, this wouldn't be a big deal, but it isn't.  A empty 40 gallon breeder is heavy when it is empty, pile in 40-plus pounds of substrate, rock, ect... and it said tank now weighs several hundred pounds.

It is going to be one of those days....
Mad Poster
#4363 Old 11th May 2021 at 3:10 AM
I eventually fixed my computer and got it working. I still have a few peripherals to hook up to like the Blu-Ray reader\writer and the XBOX 360 controller receiver.

We spent Mother's Day taking it easy. I gave my mother a Grogu doll. (She was gaga over the Mandalorian. Come for the Grogu, stay for the intergalactic drama.)

As for my duties as a cat mom, I don't think my cat Gemini has anymore time left. The vet gave her a 5 year limit. She's already used up a year. She's been laying down on my arms when I read manga or cookbooks on my phone. She'll bite if you don't get your arm out quickly.

Mad Poster
#4364 Old 11th May 2021 at 3:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Meh

The weeping cherry tree is under attack by aphids.  I need to spray it but it is rainy, cold and crappy out, so the nasty pests get to feast on new leaves for one more day.   I was going to spray it the other day, but got busy with something else and forgot about it.

I have a donation box sitting in the kitchen that I need to finish 'filling' so I can get it out of my face.  It has been awhile since I've felt the need for a donation box, but lately it feels like the walls are caving in on me.  Getting rid of stuff doesn't make that feeling go away, but having less shizz laying around doesn't hurt either.

And then there is Frank, the angelfish.  A couple of weeks ago he smacked himself off of the lid of the tank after being spooked when a light was turned on.  He hasn't been right since, refuses to eat and overall is pretty miserable.  My guess is when he landed, he came down on the dragon stone and did some internal damage.  There isn't anything I can do other than keep him as comfortable as possible as well as keep trying to get him to eat.

To prevent more spooked events and the other fish from picking at him, I have a plastic container that floats in the tank that has a whole bunch of holes drilled into it to allow water flow.  Over the container I have a fake plant covering part of it so if he decides to freak out about something else, the plant will keep him from bouncing off the glass again.

I've been thinking about what to do with the tank when I no longer have fish. I've been in the hobby for a long time, so I think once everybody is gone, I'm going to convert the tank into a propagation tank for plants.  They'll be all in one spot, I can raise the humidity and such as it has a glass top and I'll finally be able to move my desk to a different spot.  The way my office is set up revolves around the fish tank.  If it were a tiny tank, this wouldn't be a big deal, but it isn't.  A empty 40 gallon breeder is heavy when it is empty, pile in 40-plus pounds of substrate, rock, ect... and it said tank now weighs several hundred pounds.

It is going to be one of those days....

GC, I can't help but think from your posts on plants and animals that you have a farming background or at least love nature to have horticulture as part of your hobbies.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4365 Old 12th May 2021 at 2:42 AM
The middle of my yard looks like angry beaver came to visit.  I've started the process of clearing out all the now dead Lily of Valley.  It should come as no surprise to anybody that has been following my rambles lately that I came across more hosta.  I don't know how they survived the last time I sprayed as I wasn't nice about it, but except for the one I ripped the leaves off of by accident as I didn't know it was there,  they're doing okay.  They will be given a proper home tomorrow as I don't feel like planting by flashlight.  The hosta I ripped the leaves off of is in a pot recovering with the other hosta that are recovering.

I know all the mess is temporary, but blah. There is going to be more spraying, digging, removing roots and turning over soil in my immediate future. 

PANDAQUEEN:

I don't have a background in farming although my father went to school for it. He never used that knowledge, he decided to do other things.   That being said, I've had a love for animals and fish for as long as I can remember.  Growing up I wanted to be a vet, then I worked for 5 of them and decided that wasn't something I wanted to do.  I have no interest in the drama, politics and other nonsense that goes on behind the scenes of a animal hospital.

The plant side of things comes from my mother.  I grew up being surrounded by houseplants, having flower gardens, ect...  My mother still has lots of houseplants in her life today. Before Texas had the cold spell a month or so ago, her outdoor gardens were 'gardens that bite' as she called them.  The reason for that was because said gardens were mostly made up various kinds of cactus.  The cold killed most of them, so she is currently in the process of trying to rebuild her biting gardens.  It is going to take awhile as the plant nurseries in Texas had all of their stock wiped out from the cold as well. She finally stopped feeling guilty for not bringing all of her thorny friends in.  There was no way she could have dug up and brought in cactus that were in some cases taller than she is.  Her massive century plant probably also weighed more than she does.
Mad Poster
#4366 Old 13th May 2021 at 1:40 PM
Thanks for the background, GC.

I was sent for a 48 hour treatment at my hospital. Upside was I had very forgiving doctors, nurses and EMTs. Downside...I had to share my room temporarily with a psychopathic drama queen. I didn't see what she looked like due to the curtains, but she faked being in pain when she snapped and blamed her problems on me. Honestly, pick and choose your battles, she wasn't worth the fight. (She was later sent to a different room). I limited how much I engaged in her madness.

Still have a few more hours left before I can get discharged. They need to check my meds.

Mad Poster
#4367 Old 14th May 2021 at 3:05 PM
Been having issues with Windows update hogging RAM and all that jazz lately (past 3-4 months). Then the antivirus decides to prompt for a restart. Been putting it off, but had a few other things to do today so decided to the restart because I could walk a bit ot and from (we all know how long a restart can take - anything from a few minutes to upwards of an hour or so). Guess who decided to go back to regular settings... From running at 8-12 GB RAM to smoothly at 4 GB, harddrive constantly at 50-100% to the normal smaller spikes, and the processor being all over, to idling at its usual/normal pace, and the snail pace is for the moment gone. Dunno what's going on here, but for the moment it's looking at least somewhat promising... Not having high hopes, though

That restart hasn't been there all this time, so I don't think the issues are caused by the AV (more like Windows hogging resources for updates - I dunno. I've had two of the update programs hog at least 4 GB RAM between them on several occasions...). I don't know if the Windows update problems have been fixed (doubt it, don't want to check because the updates always love to auto-start the moment I open the window - thanks, Windows ) but for now it seems things may be temporarily back to a resemblence of normal (crosses fingers).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4368 Old 14th May 2021 at 5:02 PM
Zombified.  I have two speeds today; slow and stop.  Allergy season has arrived. I've had a sinus headache from hell all morning.  I refuse to close up the house just because of pollen. 

I need to finish laundry and cleaning up, then if I want to sit on my ass the rest of the day, so be it.  The bag of dirt waiting me outside so I can fill in all the holes I've made over the past week can wait.  If I have energy this afternoon,  I'll take care of that, then. If not, all the holes plus any extra that the chipmunks make will be there tomorrow.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4369 Old 15th May 2021 at 4:09 PM
RIP Frank the Angelfish; you will be missed.

I filled in holes yesterday after taking a nap for a hour.  One bag of dirt wasn't enough so I have a second bag waiting for me.  It is too hot in the sun right now, so I'll finish that project this afternoon.  Other than that, there isn't anything on the agenda for today. The only thing that needed to be done was to fix the screen for the bathroom window.  It was turning into a royal pain in the butt not being able to leave the window open after showers because the bugs would come in.  Nobody feels like wasting their time cleaning up mildew due to lack of air circulation, or I don't anyway. Maybe for some people such as task is considered fun.

I should get some painting supplies and get my bedroom painted, at least get the walls done. Maybe later...
Mad Poster
#4370 Old 15th May 2021 at 6:06 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 15th May 2021 at 6:49 PM.
Finally got out of the hospital and I do not want to go back to any hospitals until...

...I can forget the fact that my roommate behind the privacy curtains reminded me of growing up with my pathological liar and murder driven half sister...

...not to mention I was stuck to an IV pole with a monitor that needed constant recharging and keeping your arm straight, lest the alarm goes off...

...To top it off, I went 36 hours through a withdrawal of my medicine due to an error on the staff's part to read the labels. I was practically vibrating like a toy Chihuahua without a puffer jacket in Terra Haute on the coldest day in winter.

48 hours in hell. If I could give a star rating like my last overnight stay in 2010 at the hospital with a 5-star rating...

...the hospital I stayed at recently gets 1 star.

I'm glad to be home. I received $20 in a card from my grandfather and Gramma Barb as a get-well present. Which makes up for the miserable stay and at least helps with my finances.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4371 Old 18th May 2021 at 3:01 PM
The joys of things people on YT spout sometimes.  Many of them spout a lot of BS in general, but I want to focus on this one thing.  For the sake of this post, I'll call the YouTuber in question, Kate.

Kate works full time, has 2 children ( one will be 20 next year, the other is going on 13) and is married.  Kate likes to garden and quilt of which is she spends a lot of her free time doing, she does both of them well.  Kate also has a spending / shopping problem that has been around for years.  As a result of this, her 2,000-plus square foot home is often overstuffed with stuff.  It did get better a few years ago, but the amount of clutter is starting to take over yet again. 

Kate's children and husband are fully able to clean up after themselves, they don't.  Apparently it takes to much effort to rinse a few dishes, then bend over to put them in the dishwasher. Kate has been called out regarding her lazy husband and children over the years. Instead of addressing the problem or just being honest, she has her list of excuses and or just gets mad at whoever brings it up.  Her husband works for home, her kids school from home because of Rona, there is no excuse for the house to look like a bomb hit it on a daily basis.

Kate has finally come to the conclusion that all the fluff and excuses don't fly with a number of people that watch and comment on her channel, so she has come up with a new 'reason' for why she continues to live this way. The reason is, a defect. This 'defect' doesn't get in the way of any other aspect her life, just the cleaning part.

Kate always talks about how busy she is and how she doesn't have time for anything fun. She never complains about the lack of time when there is a Marshalls around... I digress.  If Kate was serious and really didn't have time, the best way to make time is to have less stuff to maintain. This does not mean that a person has to live in a empty box, but when every closet, cabinet, counter top, chest of drawers, ect... is crammed with stuff, I don't want to hear about 'defects' and whining about how thou does not have time for fun things.  I'm also not interested in snarky commentary about how proud people are that don't clean their bathrooms for months at a time. Kate did this recently, it came after the 'defect' talk.  If Kate is so proud of her disgusting bathroom, she can keep those filthy details to herself.  Nobody is impressed with how much mildew can grow around a sink basin.

I don't watch Kate often and since I don't have a Google account, I can't tell Kate how to fix her 'defect'.  Google isn't worth the time, effort and or energy for a single comment.

My house is not perfect either. One of the birds has created his usual spread of bird seed all over the livingroom floor, the chins have their usual spread of hay all over my office floor, I have my gardening gloves out from yesterday, I haven't made my bed, ect... These issues were not caused from a defect, I haven't dealt with them.  The gloves I'm going to need later, so there is no reason to bring them downstairs.  I do have two wool dryer balls that have made their way upstairs, so when I bring those down, I'll also bring the rag bucket down as things need to be soaked before I put them in the wash.

This stuff isn't complicated.  If Kate isn't able to address the shopping issue on her own, she could get help with that. Kate does not consider her shopping a problem though, at least until all the stuff she buys gets dirty, gets in her way or collects dust. 

Kate makes me tired....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4372 Old 21st May 2021 at 2:48 PM
Procrastinating.  I don't want to sit outside for hours on end digging up English Ivy roots, but I have to if I want the yard to be the peaceful place I want it to be.  Maybe if I bring the laptop outside with me and listen to my audio book or something it will help pass the time; make the job feel less grueling.

The robins have been loving the new space, a lot of bugs have been hanging out in that area of the yard for a long time. And since the soil is loamy, the chipmunks have been digging and burying stuff.
Mad Poster
#4373 Old 23rd May 2021 at 12:49 AM
Tired. I want to play my Switch version of Miitopia, but for the past couple of nights, when I go to sleep, waking up in the morning is a hard to do thing.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4374 Old 23rd May 2021 at 2:31 PM
You know you have spent too much time talking about sims when you have a dream about buying cowplants, then getting frazzled when the sales person at the nursery tells you they don't exist.

It is too soon to gather up all junk that is going to be going away via dumpster as that won't be here until at least the end of this upcoming week or possibly the start of the following.  I'm not doing yard work today as it is already 76 degrees and it isn't even 10 AM.  I checked that status on the order for the pressure washer, that won't be in until Thursday.

Aside from the usual picking up, I guess I'm going to have to come up with something to do.  Playing my game probably isn't a good idea, but I might end up doing it anyway. I haven't played since the end of March. There isn't anything wrong with my game, I haven't felt like playing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4375 Old 24th May 2021 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 24th May 2021 at 4:57 PM.
The dumpster company put a monkey wrench in my plan.  I can't put 'organic matter' or yard waste in with all the other junk that needs to go in a single dumpster.  It has to be one or the other. I don't have several yards of either to get rid of to justify paying for 2 dumpsters, especially if they were going to be 15 yards each.  That's a lot of crap!

Instead of stressing about how I was going to get rid of all of this stuff, I came up with a plan B.  I'm going to have 1-800-Got-Junk come get the bags of ivy and the other yard waste AKA Lily of the Valley.  They've been here before and did a good job, so no problem. Then I contacted a different dumpster rental place that has 7 yard dumpsters that can be rented for a week. We won't need it for a week and still won't have enough shizz to fill it, but cost wise it makes sense to go smaller as it would be a waste of space and money otherwise.  That will be delivered Friday which is good; it is supposed to be nice and cool over the long weekend.  We can bang out this whole project in a couple of days and the rental place can come get their dumpster on Tuesday.

Now I get to make the "To Go" list which is the best part, because one can never have enough lists.

EDIT: English Ivy is gone!
Page 175 of 181