Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Foxtail - *updated*

by Atreya Posted 4th Oct 2005 at 11:04 PM - Updated 13th May 2010 at 6:42 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 5:02 AM
Thank you sooo much! I've been wanting these for a long time.

This is off topic but, does anybody know how to post clothing recolors? Thanks in advance!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 5:14 AM
I. Love. You.
#28 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 5:19 AM
Wow, this looks great! Any chance of getting a "fox mask" for my sims in the near future? That'd really make my day here. Great job again. :D
Forum Resident
#29 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 9:06 AM
wow these are very cute thanx for sharing!!

~ * MaRiA * ~
(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#30 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 9:31 AM
Great, just great! I'll give it a try with the original Sims Game without expansion packs!

I second the request for Bunny Ears and Bunny Tails!

"Curiouser and curiouser!" - Alice, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter II

Nippon-Funfair.org - The German Anime Manga Games Lifestyle Community
Test Subject
#31 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 10:33 AM
Freaky werk man :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 10:50 AM
I'm glad you like it.
Yes, they stay on for all outfits, including undies, swimwear and pyjama's.
I wasn't really taking request so i won't make any promisses about bunny ears and tails yet but i'll think about it.

about the recoloring, you will see there are three zones in the bmp. the right one isthe colour used for teen and adult males, the middle one for teen and adult females and the right one is used for children and toddlers. That way you can give females a slightly different colour if you want. Or make a lighter version for toddlers and children. I mainly did that to match a skin I made for my sims ages ago.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 11:38 AM
That was exactly what I needed, thanks
I'm always on the search for weird stuff like tails, ears, weird colors...I especially search longer elf ears and all kind of animal ears, does someone know where to get this?
#34 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 11:55 AM
How would I recolour it so the tail and ears are black? I have a character that is based off of a story and he has wolf ears and tail, and they're black, since his hair is black. (if you know of any wolf tails that look as good as this, please let me know)
Forum Resident
#35 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 11:59 AM
Instructor
#36 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 5:27 PM Last edited by Anshin Lanugo : 5th Oct 2005 at 9:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Animula
How would I recolour it so the tail and ears are black? I have a character that is based off of a story and he has wolf ears and tail, and they're black, since his hair is black. (if you know of any wolf tails that look as good as this, please let me know)

I have made a black recolour of the fox tail, with or without ears.
I have also made many recolours to match the skins from http://genensims.com
They have been posted and hopefully will be approved soon!
EDIT: yes, they are now available

Thank you Atreya for your fantastic fox tail!

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 6:17 PM
Many many thanks. I know that I was not the only person who wanted a new tail mesh. I am writing a novel with humanoid animal characters and I like to try and create chracters from the novel on Sims 2. The cat tail was nice, but could only work for certain characters. With this tail, I will be able to create many more characters. I have already made recolors for a wolf character, a raccoon character, and a coyote character. And this tail will work better than the cat tail for the novel's main character, who is a mongoose, and an otter character, as well. One thing that is a bit annoying. It is so great that this tail combines with other accessories and is always on, I am starting to really want the cat tail to do the same thing. Any chance a new version of the cat tail could be released that does those things?

P.S. As someone suggested, a bunny tail would be a great idea for a future mesh. It could work for rabbits, deer, and bear characters (as well as others, probably).
Instructor
#38 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 8:14 PM
simsister2004 - DBCAB made wings http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=77045

Kubwakanu - Please post your raccoon tail, I'd love to see it!

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 11:26 PM
Thank you SO MUCH! If I could click "thanks" twice and have it count, I would!

<3 <3 <3

I've been waiting ages for something like this.
Test Subject
#40 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 12:30 AM Last edited by Kubwakanu : 6th Oct 2005 at 12:51 AM.
I have never posted anything before. Maybe I will. For skin editing I use a combination of Body Shop and ArcSoft PhotoStudio 2000SE (Though for most of what I do, Paint would work fine). Genensims.com has the best fur skins, which I use as a base for all tail recolors, etc. I choose to create a new project or whatever in bodyshop. I will then export the genensims skin I want the tail to match. Also, the first time, I export the tail as well. Then I enter PhotoStudio and open one of the body images from the skin project (I usually use the regular male body image). Then I open the image file for the tail. I copy a section of the body image and paste it onto the tail image, so the entire tail image is filled. I then save the new tail image over the old one. I then spraypaint the tail image completely white and save it over the alpha. Finally, I load the tail project in BodyShop and import it (under a fitting name). This may not be the most efficient method, but I have used it for many recolors for both the cat and fox tail.

Now for specifics on the raccoon: I used the Brown-Tipped Gray Tabby Skin from genensims but the Gray Tabby would work just as well (if not better). Copy a section of the body image that is just the gray with slight stripes and paste it onto the tail image. What I used next was PhotoStudio's darken tool to create a section of black at the bottom of the tail image (creating the tail's black tip). Since the tabby pattern already has slight stripes, you should not need to use darken anywhere else. I also created a variation of the body image by altering the face (using the darken/lighten tool to "draw" a raccoon mask for the face).

Hope I could be of help. Maybe I will upload my file for it later (I have no experience loading to this site, though, and there looks like there are a bunch of rules and regulations for posting. I could put them on a page and give you a link, if we are allowed to post links here). I also have a custom costume paint nose for the furry skins if anyone is interested. By the way, if I package a sim I make in BodyShop with custom objects, will those custom objects be included in the package file?
Instructor
#41 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 12:53 AM
Kubwakanu - that's basically what I did to create the tails I made from the Genesims.com skins. I have made and posted most of the solid colours. I will make the patterned colours, like tabby, tomorrow and post them. I will try and make a Raccoon tail using your preferences.

The Genesims.com furry skins are HUGE (13 MB or so) and so I doubt I'll bother editing the skins. But, I'd love to see your Raccoon skin too.

Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 2:19 AM
Oh this is awesome! I'm so glad you decided to share this with us!
Inventor
#43 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 6:10 AM
YES! Now I can finish my Mew Zakuro sim!

Bunny ears would be excellent! I need them for my Mew Berry =3
Test Subject
#44 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 6:19 AM Last edited by Kubwakanu : 6th Oct 2005 at 7:15 AM.
I know there was some interest in the raccoon sim I made, but I was not too sure about the details of posting everything on this site. Well, I've got some great news (and it has absolutely nothing to do with car insurance). I uploaded him to thesims2.com exchange (my first exchange upload and it will probably not be my last). Not only does he come with the raccoon tail and raccoon skin (credit to genensims and Atreya), he also comes with my furry nose costume makeup. I could have (and in retrospect should have) used the tail ear combo, but he looks fine with the normal pointy ears. His name is Geon Jardin. (I recommend you read his description before downloading).

P.S. I just uploaded another character, Jaashu Sarino
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 6:39 PM
Sweeeet!! I don't have meshing skills, or the time to learn them, so I can't make this stuff myself. Thank you so much! I'll figure out how to recolor accessories so I can recolor the mesh as I make more skins.

Love all of it!

My Sims2 Site - genensims.com
My Art Site - sidneyeileen.com
We Reserve the Right to... oh nevermind.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 9:25 PM
Thank you for the awesome mesh.
Instructor
#47 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 4:19 AM
I lovin this mesh. Thank you for this fantastic new download!!! It's people like you that help people like me to tell stories with fantasy creatures in them. You have my eternal thanks! :gidea:
Test Subject
#48 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 5:11 PM
Thanks so much! You did a wonderful job. The ears and tails are so cute. n_n
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 2:52 AM
Yayy! I love aminals! Now I need BIG paws...
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 6:58 AM
Hi there! I've been testing the foxtails in my game, and I must say they are great fun. I have two bits of feedback:

* The tails appear to be quite shiny, like plastic. Is there any way to make them more matte or furry-looking?

* The tails don't move very much. They -do- shift along with the pelvis, and that's awesome, but I was wondering if there's any way to make them behave more like hair? Like, sway when the Sims walk, or something. (Unfortunately, I don't know enough about modding Sims2 to know if that's possible.) Just an idea!

Anyway! Thank you again for this very cute addition. Mods like yours make the game much more fun! :3
Page 2 of 5