Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

VanishingObject Scripts will make your objects invisible!

by Buzzler Posted 11th Jun 2010 at 10:37 PM - Updated 22nd Feb 2015 at 2:33 PM by Buzzler

166 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 147 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
#51 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 7:55 AM
I'm not a modder, so I hope that someone can assist me in providing Buzzler with the object class, but I would really like to see a base game table lamp (doesn't matter which one) included in this script. People with World Adventures have access to invisible lighting - it would be great if everyone else could have access to it too!
Test Subject
#52 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 5:10 PM
If you make the bed invisible, and the sims sleep/woohoo in it, will the part under the bed just disappear, or will you see them? It's good for storytelling if you have them makeout on bed with the bed invisible in a bunch of flowers. Very cute.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#53 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyrelark
I'm not a modder, so I hope that someone can assist me in providing Buzzler with the object class, but I would really like to see a base game table lamp (doesn't matter which one) included in this script.
I've posted a little mod named ShowClass in one of the earlier comments. It will tell you the full class name of any object. Just post that class name and I can add it to the code.

Quote: Originally posted by Terrysa
If you make the bed invisible, and the sims sleep/woohoo in it, will the part under the bed just disappear, or will you see them?
What part under the bed? In general, only the object itself will become invisible. The only exception is the picnic basket for which I wrote an additional little snippet to also make the blanket invisible.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#54 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 11:42 PM
So if only the object is invisible, and say the sim is sleeping and you invisibilityfy (I like making up words! ) the bed, you would see the sleeping sim?
Original Poster
#55 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 6:02 PM
Yes, I think that will be the case. I never tried it, though.

Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 2:55 PM
Ok, thanks!
Test Subject
#57 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
I've posted a little mod named ShowClass in one of the earlier comments. It will tell you the full class name of any object. Just post that class name and I can add it to the code.

Okay, the two I'd like to be able to set invisible are:

Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Lighting.Mimics.LightingTableFun
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Lighting.Mimics.LightingFloorFun

Thank you!
Original Poster
#58 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 8:01 PM
@Fyrelark: Added them. Mind you, I never tried it with light objects. I don't know if making the objects invisible might affect their "lighting". I don't really expect issues, though.

Test Subject
#59 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 2:52 AM
Hello, thanks for your great tool! I have a question and hope you've got the answer

I already wrote this in the forum but unfortunately it got closed cause the mod wrote I need to make a request or create ths object by myself.
But before those steps I simply wanted to know, if it would be possible to make such an object:

"I have a huge house and need more daylight in it - I dont wan't to put (invisible debug) lights in it cause it would lighten up the house at daytime, but it would destroy the nightly atmosphere with all the beautiful lamps in the house.
Now I had the idea to create a window (maybe different sizes for different daylight strenghts) which works with the "VanishingObject Scripts" by Buzzler, to make those windows invisible but not looking like a hole in the wall but just the wall with daylight coming through it?!
Would that be possible?"

What do you think?
Kind regards
Test Subject
#60 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 6:22 AM Last edited by Fyrelark : 24th Aug 2010 at 7:11 AM. Reason: to provide an update
@Fyrelark: Added them. Mind you, I never tried it with light objects. I don't know if making the objects invisible might affect their "lighting". I don't really expect issues, though.

It works like a charm, thanks!
Test Subject
#61 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 5:17 PM
if you make something invisible, can you still click it and use it, or do you have to turn it off after your sims are on it? I want to make a sims 3 sauna with the smoke/steam from the Fog Emitter, and it will be woohoo-able (put bed, invisibilityfy bed, put benches over it).
Original Poster
#62 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 6:09 PM
@Athalanta: Making a windows invisible will in fact only make the actual object invisible; the wall cut-out remains. I don't know if it is possible to alter the cut-out independently from the mesh and the translucence. That is a question for a mesher who already made windows.

It should be perfectly possible to make a light that turns on during daytime and turns off during nighttime, though.

@Terrysa: Invisible objects are not clickable. That's why there's a "recovery" menu on mirrors. Invisible objects are only invisible to the player, though. They're not invisible to sims. If you choose the Woohoo interaction from the romantic socialization menu on another sim, the sims should be perfectly capable to route to and woohoo on an invisible bed.

I see a possible issue with your plan BTW. If you put benches "over" the bed, their footprints might make the invisible bed unroutable.

Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 9:44 PM
Dear Buzzler,
thank you so much for your answer. I tried to contact creators which are open to requests but unfortunately could'nt find one who would create an invisible light which turns on during daytime and turns off during nighttime
Do you maybe know a creator who could make this object or maybe could create it on your own?
Sorry for my bad english!
Thank you and kind regards
Original Poster
#64 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Athalanta
I tried to contact creators which are open to requests but unfortunately could'nt find one who would create an invisible light which turns on during daytime and turns off during nighttime
No kidding. There aren't that many script modders to begin with...

Quote:
Do you maybe know a creator who could make this object or maybe could create it on your own?
I am considering it since your initial question. I still have to figure out if I can access the amount of ambient light somehow. As far as I am concerned, that info would be mandatory, since there are massive day-to-day changes to the lighting in Twinbrook.
Please don't consider this a definite yes, though. I've been extremely lazy in the last two weeks, and there's still lots of undone stuff on my list.

Test Subject
#65 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 8:25 PM
Hello,
thank you so much! I dont consider it a definite yes, it's just so nice to be heard by someone who could actually create this object
I will just be patient and check out your creations sometimes.
Kind regards from germany
Test Subject
#66 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 5:09 PM
...Iron Maiden - The Prisoner reference in the pictures?
Original Poster
#67 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mempol
...Iron Maiden - The Prisoner reference in the pictures?
I had to google the lyrics of that one to even understand how the pigs could be a reference to it. So... no?

Test Subject
#68 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 7:53 PM
Is this compatable with FLS? Because I downloaded an object (it was the parking spaces you talked about on page 2) using these scripts that wasn't and it fucked my game up pretty bad.

We're here to make coffee metal, blacker than the blackest metal times infinity!
Original Poster
#69 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 3:57 PM
I don't see how it might have become incompatible. Even if there were code changes in the game code (I don't see any that affect this mod), it wouldn't affect this mod in most cases. The stuff that I add to the derived classes, is kind of "superimposed". My code just does its thing and doesn't get deeply involved with the original code.

How exactly did the parking spaces fuck up your game, and are you certain that the fucking up was caused by the parking spaces?

Lab Assistant
#70 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Athalanta
"I have a huge house and need more daylight in it - I dont wan't to put (invisible debug) lights in it cause it would lighten up the house at daytime, but it would destroy the nightly atmosphere with all the beautiful lamps in the house.

If you have WA, I have an idea.
Place those invisible debug lights throughout the house.
Set them all to unlit.
Place a trigger item - floor plate, hole in wall...
Link all lights to the trigger item.

So all you need is one sim to turn the lights on/off at dawn/dusk.
I did this once as part of a tomb puzzle, but try figuring it out with only two lights first for the sake of your sanity.

Success is getting up one more time than you fall down.
Test Subject
#71 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 12:45 AM
I'd love to try and make an invisible dining table, so I can use deco objects or the like as dining tables, potentially. Could you add TableDiningBistro?

Thanks very much, this script is very cool!
Original Poster
#72 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmerling
Could you add TableDiningBistro?
Added it.

Test Subject
#73 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 12:21 AM Last edited by simsora14 : 11th Oct 2010 at 5:07 AM.
Could you add Rabbit Holes rugs
Original Poster
#74 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsora14
Could you add Rabbit Holes
What would that accomplish? Invisible objects aren't clickable and therefore can't be interacted with.

Test Subject
#75 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 4:56 AM
What would that accomplish? Invisible objects aren't clickable and therefore can't be interacted with.

You could click on the map tag to use them. Making the rabbit hole rugs invisible so they don't "stick out".
Page 3 of 7