Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 5:32 PM Last edited by MonoChaos : 25th Jun 2021 at 5:38 PM. Reason: removing broken emojis that were showing as ????
Adding a second diffuse to a two phong mesh
Hi
Okay so my end goal is a toddler bed that has a separate diffuse texture for the frame and the bedding/canopy, kinda like how the textures work on a double bed.
So far I have tried cloning a double bed and replacing the rig and slots to match the ones needed for a toddler bed then importing my new mesh and textures. That did not work. When I ported it into game it ended up looking like the one in the following image.

I've also tried to change the resource keys of the materials in S4S but that auto changes the matching resource key when I save the changes, so I have not made a new material at all only changed BOTH links to the existing material.
Additionally, I've tried opening the package in s4pe but I can't edit the MODL and MLODs that contain the materials I want to change the resource key of.
So my question is, is it possible to take a mesh with two groups, with the same diffuse + a drop shadow, and change one of those groups to look at a new diffuse texture, and if so how?
When discussing this issue in a discord server someone mentioned that you can achieve my end goal by creating your own scratch made package rather than cloning an EA object, but alas they disappeared before explaining how to make a package from scratch. So if anyone knows how to do this and wants to teach me that'd also be great.
I do have s4pe and have experience with that sort of editor from the sims 3 times but I'd prefer to work in S4S if possible. If I need to use s4pe I can. I also prefer Blender over Milkshape if that makes any difference.
Hopefully someone can help.
I'll check back on this thread but it's probably easier to reach me on discord. I'm in the MTS server and DMs are welcome. My nickname on the MTS discord server is MonoChaos
Thank you for reading.
MonoChaos
Screenshots

I have moved again this time to a private domain here are the links:
Sims 4: https://monochaos.blog/
Sims 2: https://sims2.monochaos.blog/