Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 1:07 AM
Default Cottage Living - No notifications/ribbons
I dont know if anyone else have this problem nor know how to solve. Problem is, I don't get announcement about losing or winning and I don't get any ribbon even the participation one. The only notification I got from fair is "it was ending soon at 10:30" thing.

I dont use any mods or cc.
Things I have tried: resetting objects via testingcheats, restoring save, participating fair with anyother sim with anyother stuff. None worked.
How can I solve this problem?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 7:49 AM
It has been reported as a bug on AHQ, so you can click Me Too and post in the thread to signal that you want it changed. EA waits for players to express their wish for bugs to change; reporting them is not enough. So the more Me Too's, and the more voices raised will raise the chances of the bug getting fixed.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...r/td-p/10550013

Some kind of workaround seems to be to have several sims enter the competition, see post #8 and #9.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andes
It has been reported as a bug on AHQ, so you can click Me Too and post in the thread to signal that you want it changed. EA waits for players to express their wish for bugs to change; reporting them is not enough. So the more Me Too's, and the more voices raised will raise the chances of the bug getting fixed.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...r/td-p/10550013

Some kind of workaround seems to be to have several sims enter the competition, see post #8 and #9.

I have the same problem with #9. Tried with 3 different sims for gardening/pie competition with different produces for each. Gardening works fine, all my 3 sims got ribbons, however, no notification for pie.

Its the pie competition which is bugged
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 8:34 PM
I can't test now, but, and this is just my personal guess since EA discloses no information on their bug fixing process beyond the generic post that is pinned to the bug forum; but the QA for The Sims don't seem to test the game thoroughly before release, or after; so if players have any ideas of what causes a bug to happen, posting this hunch/fact in the bug report thread for them to eventually read, will make it more likely that the bug gets fixed, since The Sims Team seem to need QA to replicate the bug in gameplay, thereby finding the trigger, before anyone capable of actually fixing the code steps in.