Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Have Multiple BFFs (Updated)

by ReubenHood Posted 26th Oct 2014 at 7:24 PM - Updated 20th Dec 2014 at 3:49 PM by ReubenHood

114 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 7:19 PM
Omg. Fcking thank you! I've had to look up this problem, then settle with the "befriend townie>manage families>delete townie>repeat" which not only was SUPER annoying, but also made it difficult to get the "friendly with 15 people" more difficult because I had to, in essence, be friends with 19 after killing off those BFFs. You are my fcking hero.
Test Subject
#27 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 7:25 PM
It's crashing my game so hard
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 8:14 PM
Wooot ty for this. I have 3 best friends in real life one of which is my husband and I couldn't see why we couldn't have more then one. Just another thing that EA should have fixed that a modder had to do their work for them.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#29 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 11:36 PM
Thank you ReubenHood, you're a star
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 7:34 AM
Thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:10 AM
It doesn't work for me. Pretty disappointed! It have quite a bit of mods installed, but no emotional overcharge mod. It might conflict with other mod. Too bad!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:20 AM
Really useful, was so annoying to be bad with your BFFs to be able to find a new one :s
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 1:01 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 4:35 PM
You answered a question: Why isn't my sim able to make any more BFF's? And then you solved the problem. Very good. Thank you.
THANKS POST
#35 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 11:38 AM
coochicoochicooluvyou!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 11:40 PM
ty
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 3:13 AM
THANK YOU! I will be installing this mod. Too bad I already cheated to complete that part of the aspiration after going through the trouble befriending and then offending 3 BFFs. It doesn't make any sense to me that you have to be a total jerk to complete the Friend of the World aspiration.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 6:43 PM
hey
Test Subject
#39 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 7:59 PM
Hey, this mod seems not working in my game
I installed the mod by extracting the zip and put the package file to the mods folder, is this correct?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nmlsslbrty
Hey, this mod seems not working in my game
I installed the mod by extracting the zip and put the package file to the mods folder, is this correct?

That should do it, are you using any other mods?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 11:05 PM
Oh. My. Goodness. Thank you, thank you, thank you! A million thank yous!
Test Subject
#42 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ReubenHood
That should do it, are you using any other mods?

yes I'm using a few mods, but I think no mods should conflict with yours
other mods I use that affect relationship is a teen romance/pregnancy mod and no friendship/romance decay mods
and I've updated my game to latest patch

that's why I'm quite confused why your mod doesn't work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 3:13 PM
Great idea, and thanks for sharing your work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 4:51 PM
yes I'm using a few mods, but I think no mods should conflict with yours
other mods I use that affect relationship is a teen romance/pregnancy mod and no friendship/romance decay mods
and I've updated my game to latest patch

that's why I'm quite confused why your mod doesn't work

And your Sims relationships are high enough to ask to be Best Friends? The only mod I know of that conflicts with this one is the Overcharged Emotions mod.
Test Subject
#45 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 5:44 PM
And your Sims relationships are high enough to ask to be Best Friends? The only mod I know of that conflicts with this one is the Overcharged Emotions mod.

yep, my sims already married, and her friend that I want to make BFF is male, now they are under "just good friends" relationship with a full friendship bar
I remember one time they were flirting each other (their love relationship grew a little) and she get caught by her husband
is this situation can affect the BFF status? or does BFF status only works with same gender?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 9:42 PM
yep, my sims already married, and her friend that I want to make BFF is male, now they are under "just good friends" relationship with a full friendship bar
I remember one time they were flirting each other (their love relationship grew a little) and she get caught by her husband
is this situation can affect the BFF status? or does BFF status only works with same gender?

BFF doesn't check gender and I just tested having two Sims marry and then have one cheat on the other and they still could be BFFs.

The game checks both the asking Sim and targeted Sim for a BFF relationship bit, if it's present on either Sim then the option to ask just doesn't come up. This mod removed the check on the asking SIm but I didn't remove the check on the targeted Sim. Does the Sim who is being asked already have a BFF? I just changed the mod so that it should now ignore the BFF bit on both the asking Sim and the Target Sim, if that's the case you could try downloading the new file and trying again.

The only requirements with this mod, to ask to be BFFs, should be a LTR_Friendship score of 80 or higher and the relationship bit Good Friends or Good Friends Evil (whichever bit that is.)

Let me know if this helps!
Test Subject
#47 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:42 PM
BFF doesn't check gender and I just tested having two Sims marry and then have one cheat on the other and they still could be BFFs.

The game checks both the asking Sim and targeted Sim for a BFF relationship bit, if it's present on either Sim then the option to ask just doesn't come up. This mod removed the check on the asking SIm but I didn't remove the check on the targeted Sim. Does the Sim who is being asked already have a BFF? I just changed the mod so that it should now ignore the BFF bit on both the asking Sim and the Target Sim, if that's the case you could try downloading the new file and trying again.

The only requirements with this mod, to ask to be BFFs, should be a LTR_Friendship score of 80 or higher and the relationship bit Good Friends or Good Friends Evil (whichever bit that is.)

Let me know if this helps!

wow thanks for modifying the game check for the targeted Sim, I have good feeling this one would work :D
I don't remember if the targeted Sim already have a BFF or not
I'll try using your new file as soon as I'm back to play and report it later.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#48 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:57 PM
wow thanks for modifying the game check for the targeted Sim, I have good feeling this one would work :D
I don't remember if the targeted Sim already have a BFF or not
I'll try using your new file as soon as I'm back to play and report it later.

Thanks!
Test Subject
#49 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kittifizz
Omg. Fcking thank you! I've had to look up this problem, then settle with the "befriend townie>manage families>delete townie>repeat" which not only was SUPER annoying, but also made it difficult to get the "friendly with 15 people" more difficult because I had to, in essence, be friends with 19 after killing off those BFFs. You are my fcking hero.

sounds like the plot of a thriller novel... "You're my best friend! Now I must kill you."
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 5:54 AM Last edited by nmlsslbrty : 1st Nov 2014 at 9:35 AM.
Thanks!

I've tried your newest version multiple BFFs mod, AND NOW IT WORKS!
finally my Sims can have multiple BFFs
thank you once again for your great job!

====================

edit:
it seems the option "become best friends" still appears in conversation between already two best friends
it's a little bit weird I think
Page 2 of 5