Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 5:25 AM
Default How to obtain Sim's voice files?
I know the title didn't make too much sense, but I haven't found anything useful just from searching, and I wanted to ask since I know there are a lot of good modders out there. But from what I've read, this seems very ambitious.

I've recently been getting into animating sims. And I recently thought of a cool idea that's kind of like a Machinima in a way. I wanted to animate my sim and use the actual Sims 3 voice lines and arrange them so it's like she's talking, instead of some subtitles on the bottom of the screen where she's only posing/animating. I've tried recording her voice in the game, but there's so much background noise in the game (Yes, I muted everything in the settings). Plus, I have to sort through several different voice lines to find the lines that fit the best.

So I tried doing some research to see if there was a way to go into the game files and make copies of the audio files in the actual game, convert them to an "openable" format, and arrange them to my liking. But for one, I've only been seeing posts about the music for the stereo. And if it's not about the music, it's usually posts about other random stuff (or just really old posts).

So in summary, I'm looking for a way to get the individual voice lines from Sims 3. I need to find a way for them to be in a good audio format where it's easy for me to use. Do any of you know how to do that? I'm okay with using 3rd party programs as long as they are SAFE. Thanks in advance for the replies!
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 4:38 PM
You can find all of the BG sound files in the FullBuild1.package file (located in Program Files (x86) / Origin Games / The Sims 3 / GameData / Shared / Packages), including the voices, so extracting music files or sound effects would be the same as extracting the voice ones. You'll need a program called EA Layer 3 to be able to convert the files into an Mp3 format so you can use them, and the way I extracted the voice files was to export them from S3PE then open them with EA Layer (by dragging the sound file to the program) and it automatically converts them for you. Hope this helped!

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
You can find all of the BG sound files in the FullBuild1.package file (located in Program Files (x86) / Origin Games / The Sims 3 / GameData / Shared / Packages), including the voices, so extracting music files or sound effects would be the same as extracting the voice ones. You'll need a program called EA Layer 3 to be able to convert the files into an Mp3 format so you can use them, and the way I extracted the voice files was to export them from S3PE then open them with EA Layer (by dragging the sound file to the program) and it automatically converts them for you. Hope this helped!

Oh my gosh. Thank you so much! I knew there was a way to do it, I just didn't know how. Once again, thank you! Love your mods btw!