Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XML Extractor for The Sims 4

by scumbumbo Posted 28th Aug 2015 at 6:15 AM - Updated 8th Dec 2018 at 12:51 AM by scumbumbo : Version 3.6.2 - December 7, 2018

119 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 91 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 7:15 PM
I don't think the extractor is set up to accept more than 10 stuff packs, so it isn't extracting fitness stuff tuning.
Field Researcher
#77 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jjrmich
I don't think the extractor is set up to accept more than 10 stuff packs, so it isn't extracting fitness stuff tuning.

Yeah. I used scumbumbo's source code and build a version that can automatically extract up to SP20. Hopefully this can last for a while :lovestruc
Attached files:
File Type: zip  XML Extractor for The Sims 4.zip (128.4 KB, 349 downloads)

ΔΤΔ
Inventor
#78 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by weerbesu
Yeah. I used scumbumbo's source code and build a version that can automatically extract up to SP20. Hopefully this can last for a while :lovestruc

THANK YOU!!!

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Test Subject
#79 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 2:18 PM

thank you so much! you're a lifesaver :D
Deceased
Original Poster
#80 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 10:51 AM

Thanks, Weerbesu! I've updated the download with your fix as well as several others. In the future, if more packs need adding to the XML resource in the sources, the core code will support TGI group numbers up to 63 decimal (0x0000003F) so a fix like that will be much easier in the future (will still need recompiling).
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Thanks, Weerbesu! I've updated the download with your fix as well as several others. In the future, if more packs need adding to the XML resource in the sources, the core code will support TGI group numbers up to 63 decimal (0x0000003F) so a fix like that will be much easier in the future (will still need recompiling).

@scumbumbo , @Weerbesu , can you create a git repository on the https://github.com/ , like this https://github.com/KhArtNJava/TS4-STBL-Editor ?
Deceased
Original Poster
#82 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArtUrlWWW
scumbumbo , Weerbesu , can you create a git repository on the https://github.com/ , like this https://github.com/KhArtNJava/TS4-STBL-Editor ?

@ArtUrlWWW - I don't really have much interest in doing so. Tthe code is pretty disorganized and I wouldn't want to go through the difficulty involved in making it more accessible. I doubt the game will interest me for any long period of time, I just reinstalled it and thought I'd update it while I'm "visiting". I just wouldn't be willing to put in the time to maintain a code repository for it.

The sources are downloadable here, so if anyone familiar with Visual Basic .NET is interested in taking the project over they'd be welcome to do so with appropriate credit given. I'll probably be accessible here for a while if anyone takes a look and has questions. It was a long time ago I wrote this, so not even sure I'd be able to answer the questions at this time. The stuff for extracting the actual binary packed XML is somewhat well commented IIRC, but the user interface stuff is just atrocious! It kind of used to make sense before I added the thread pools and the ASM/JAZZ extraction.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#83 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 9:49 PM
Awesome! Thank you for updating! You're great! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 10:50 PM
Thanks for the update it's greatly appreciated! Cheers
Deceased
Original Poster
#85 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 11:00 AM
Minor update today to the EXE-Only download, it was missing the File Finder executable I had inadvertantly left that program out. Other than that, the program hasn't changed at all it is still version 3.5.4.
Deceased
Original Poster
#86 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 5:24 AM
Made several changes to the XML File Finder app of the program. It should load faster, multiple files are selectable from the search results and a new menu option is available to copy the selected files to another folder for editing (thanks to Usernamealreadytaken for the suggestions).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 6:04 AM
Thank you for the update, scumbumbo! :D
Deceased
Original Poster
#88 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Karazhan87
Thank you for the update, scumbumbo! :D

Thanks - I'm thanking myself as well, just chatting in Discord and wanted to look up something, hit Ctrl-Alt-F and the file finder popped up immediately instead of 10-15 seconds later
Deceased
Original Poster
#89 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:10 PM
With the latest patch, some users have indicated a concern about the warning when extracting the current XML. This is a normal warning and indicates that the latest patch did not include any XML updates for SP14. You can turn off this warning if desired by checking the Disable "No tuning in package" warning in the full extract options.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:36 AM
Thank you for the update. God knows how I would cope with EA updates without it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:00 PM
Thanks for continuing to update this awesome tool
Deceased
Original Poster
#92 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 4:26 AM
Just a quick note that the "other" XML extracting tool (and more) now has a beta version of support for performing XML extraction on Macs. Great news!

https://sims4studioofficial.tumblr....0-apple-blossom
Test Subject
#93 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 5:16 PM

Well I'd definitely consider two and a half years a while! Tiny Living marks the 21st (!) stuff pack for the sims 4, so the xml extractor will need to be recompiled again @scumbumbo , @Weerbesu. Thanks for keeping this project updated for all this time :D
Top Secret Researcher
#94 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 6:43 PM
Well I'd definitely consider two and a half years a while! Tiny Living marks the 21st (!) stuff pack for the sims 4, so the xml extractor will need to be recompiled again @scumbumbo , @Weerbesu. Thanks for keeping this project updated for all this time :D

Scumbumbo has passed away (not sure if you saw the news) and weerbesu is on patreon now (all his stuff is free), so I'd try contacting him over there and see if he would be willing to update it if it needs it. https://www.patreon.com/weerbesu
Test Subject
#95 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 6:46 PM Last edited by jjrmich : 23rd Jan 2020 at 8:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Scumbumbo has passed away (not sure if you saw the news) and weerbesu is on patreon now (all his stuff is free), so I'd try contacting him over there and see if he would be willing to update it if it needs it. https://www.patreon.com/weerbesu

I unfortunately didn't since I've been gone from the modding scene for a while. That's too bad, he was such an important part of the modding community and always a great help. He'll be greatly missed. I'm reaching out to weerbesu on patreon now on the issue.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 6th Feb 2020 at 11:51 AM
Nice, Thanks.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#97 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 1:51 PM
You are awesome thank you so much!! <3
Inventor
#98 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 9:49 PM

TL was Stuff Pack number 16. So to Stuff Pack number 20 is still a way to go. I use this Extractor without Issues so far.

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Test Subject
#99 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 9:39 PM Last edited by berrylice3 : 1st Oct 2020 at 1:34 AM.
where do you extract the msi file to? or do you put both the extractor and sim4studios in the sims 4 file, if so where? There are videos and different programs that can be downloaded, so I'm kind of confused on what to use with what. I downloaded S4Studio, but I'm not sure how to use that either. Can any of these programs work alone or do you need something with it? I wanted to try making a mod or mods...but this is becoming difficult to understand. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 10:03 PM
Thanks to everyone who kept this tool in working condition
Page 4 of 5