Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 7:50 PM
Default Can't Remove/Replace File When Editing Upload
I'm trying to edit an upload that needed some changes and, while I can remove pictures just fine, nothing happens when I click "Replace File" or "Remove File" to replace the file for download. Uploading a new file works (although it doesn't show up until I save to continue later), but the downloads section now shows the original file and the new file, and I still can't remove the original file.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 11:05 PM
What you do is name your new file exactly the same as the old file and let it overwrite. If your creation has been live and you ever need to replace it this will also keep your download count. If the file doesn't overwrite check that it has the same gaps, capitals etc.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What you do is name your new file exactly the same as the old file and let it overwrite. If your creation has been live and you ever need to replace it this will also keep your download count. If the file doesn't overwrite check that it has the same gaps, capitals etc.

It does have the exact same name. Back when I was trying to figure out why the new file wasn't showing up, I accidentally uploaded the new file twice, and both uploads showed up along with the original after saving, so nothing seems to be overwriting.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 12:42 AM
I should probably have specified that "needed some changes" meant it's in the Changes Required category, not that I'm editing an old upload. :P
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 5:46 AM
Oh, you need the Creators Issue area. Go above to upload and Creator Issues is the last on the drop-down menu. If you have trouble with the CR ask in there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 9:51 AM
I've tested this and am unable to replicate it.  Both "Replace File" and "Remove File" should pop up dialogs, like so:

Note that it no longer matters that the filename is exactly the same - you can call it whatever you like and it'll still replace. 

My guess is that if the 2 dialogs aren't popping up when you click the buttons, that something broke on the javascript side.  Are you also able to remove test images too?
Screenshots

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
I've tested this and am unable to replicate it.  Both "Replace File" and "Remove File" should pop up dialogs, like so:

Note that it no longer matters that the filename is exactly the same - you can call it whatever you like and it'll still replace. 

My guess is that if the 2 dialogs aren't popping up when you click the buttons, that something broke on the javascript side.  Are you also able to remove test images too?

Yeah, I can delete images just fine, and I get the popup dialogues when trying to delete images, but nothing happens when I click Replace File or Remove File for the uploads. At this point, I'm considering either letting it be and letting people know which file to download, or deleting the whole thing and re-uploading.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#8 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 9:52 PM
Which browser are you using?  If it's Chrome or Firefox, can you press F12 to get Developer Tools open, make sure you have the console tab highlighted, and then screen shot it?  

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 1:06 AM
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Hope this helps.
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#10 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 12:57 PM
Thanks very much for the output!  This should now be fixed.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 6:12 PM
It works now! Thank you very much for your help!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#12 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 8:44 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered