Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 4:31 AM Last edited by attuned : 24th Jan 2020 at 3:54 AM.
Default Missing patch level for TS3 downloads
It seems the game patch level has gone missing from the info box for TS3 downloads, at least all of the ones that I checked. I noticed on a lot that I recently uploaded, the wizard did not transfer the information to the download thread. This is probably not much of an issue for Lots and Sims, but could be for Mods. Thanks for checking on this.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 11:27 AM
Hi there,

Thanks for reminding me to remove the game version from the upload wizard!  This is now done.

With regards to why - it's because:

1.  Sims 3 had it's final patch many years ago.
2.  Sims 4 auto updates via Origin.
3.  People usually check the date something was updated, rather than the patch level.
4.  Sims 4 patches so often it creates extra work for the creators.
5.  Patch level usually isn't that interesting to a downloader.
6.  Just because a mod has a specific patch level doesn't usually mean it's automatically broken when a new patch comes out
7.  In the vast majority of cases, if a downloader wants to know if it still works, they would read the comments anyway

It's up to the mod creators to make sure things are up to date, and they can indicate this in the text if it's really needed, but in most cases, it's just extra work for the creators and staff that gets little to no use for the downloader.

Regards,

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 3:53 AM
Thanks for the reply

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 4:15 AM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered