Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 12:34 PM Last edited by RomaneRose : 4th Mar 2020 at 5:13 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Patterns uninstalled from launcher, still in CCMagic files
Hello !
I have a lot of cc in my games, most of it working just fine. Lately I noticed that when I create something, and choose a pattern, some of them are just showing blank. I'm not sure how to explain it, it's just like a blank space between two patterns, that I can't click on, or sometimes it's a pattern showing twice, that I can't click on either.
I use CC magic for my cc, but I install the patterns through the launcher.
Anyway, if you work around ccmagic, you know you have to put them in a separate folder and click for them not to load on your game, which I do. I noticed however, that when I uninstall a pattern from the launcher, it still shows up in cc magic's folder. I believe that it's what's messing up my game, but I don't know how to change that. Does any of you have an idea ?

Other infos that maybe will help :
I'm on windows 10
I do use Dashboard and everything is normal there.
My patterns are in .simspack, I know I can change them in .package to use them in ccmagic, but I don't like that the thumbnail never show.

Can anyone help me with that ?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th Mar 2020 at 4:49 AM
Hi, sorry, I just saw this.
Do you mean the pattern is in the folder CCMagic that is found in the Electronic Arts folder?
You could just delete them in CCMagic.
What I do with things that I install via the launcher, I still load them in CCMagic and then disable them. Once I uninstall them, I also delete them there. Deleting them in the program should delete them in the CCMagic folder in Electronic Arts.
I've never heard about your problem with the blank patterns.
You can however simply install the Sims3pack patterns with CCMagic, the thumbnails should show just fine. Mine do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Hi, sorry, I just saw this.
Do you mean the pattern is in the folder CCMagic that is found in the Electronic Arts folder?
You could just delete them in CCMagic.
What I do with things that I install via the launcher, I still load them in CCMagic and then disable them. Once I uninstall them, I also delete them there. Deleting them in the program should delete them in the CCMagic folder in Electronic Arts.
I've never heard about your problem with the blank patterns.
You can however simply install the Sims3pack patterns with CCMagic, the thumbnails should show just fine. Mine do.

Thank you for your answer. I've never seen the problem elsewhere either, guess I'm special (jk)
I unfortunately can't install sims3pack patterns with cc magic, and I'm surprised you can ! It shows weird in the game and in cc magic, it's quite a common problem from what I read (resolved by installing through the launcher, and as you said disabling it when playing)
Anyway. I know the easy way is to delete the patterns in cc magic that I already deleted in the launcher, unfortunately I have a lot of them (really) and the two programs can't be open at the same time, so it takes hours and hours. I was hoping for an easy way out !
To be honest I just think it's a little glitch, it's not really messing with my game (my gigantic save is though), it's just a preventive measure I'm taking.
I'll wait a little bit to see if anyone else has a solution, if not I'll delete everything and re-install it, it's not a big deal

Thanks again !
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RomaneRose
Thank you for your answer. I've never seen the problem elsewhere either, guess I'm special (jk)
I unfortunately can't install sims3pack patterns with cc magic, and I'm surprised you can ! It shows weird in the game and in cc magic, it's quite a common problem from what I read (resolved by installing through the launcher, and as you said disabling it when playing)

I wonder if this has to do with how the patterns were made. I vaguely recall a discussion about this quite a while ago.
Ah, here: It is a problem if the pattern was made with the Create A Pattern tool by EA.
http://modthesims.info/t/511154
All my patterns are from MTS or ATS.
Anyway, this was mostly for my own edification, I'm assuming you know all this.
What happens if you delete them from the CCMagic folder in the File Explorer? They should show as deleted in CCMagic. That should make things easier?
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th May 2020 at 4:26 PM Last edited by iosman1234 : 11th May 2020 at 4:01 PM.
s I wrote my stupid "cannot find" here in Germany it is early morning, no coffee, no time, sleep in my eyes and sorrows in my head! 10 Minutes and a coffee in my working place later there comes a flash in my head ... I've looked in "mydocuments" indeed but I should have looked in "program files" (german "eigene Dateien" und "Programme", krogerfeedbacktalktosonictalktowendys but we have also "Programms") and before I read your friendly and helpfull answers I found it! Thank you so much, pardon-me my old school-english a hundred years ago and happy simmin. Thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 11:50 AM Last edited by RomaneRose : 1st Jun 2021 at 2:54 PM.
Hi everyone. Thank you so much for your answers. I know I’m very late, but I was in a sort of legacy family so I didn't want to deal with that problem anymore. It doesn’t really work now so I guess I had to come back to you.
I've decided to go through the painful process to uninstall and reinstall every pattern I have. It hurts my heart but my game is having some trouble and tends to shut down suddenly. I’ll come back if it works, just in case it can help anyone else, to let you know what I changed.

Edit : It did work