Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 7:57 PM
Default Queue helper applications
MTS is a site entirely run by hard-working, enthusiastic, and devilishly good-looking volunteers. As such, we are always looking for people to lend a hand, especially with upload moderation.

What kind of work is involved?
Queue Helpers (QHs) will be trained to evaluate uploads in the queue and which have gone through the bypass system. This mostly involves learning the details of our guidelines for the sections you are trained on (most trainees will start doing lots/housing and then branch out from there) and applying those guidelines in a fair, logical, and understandable manner. The work favours people who are both detail-oriented but also have strong communication skills, as well as a positive and encouraging attitude.

How does the training work?
We have developed a structured training program to help newcomers learn the ropes, which consists of multiple class modules that cover the basics and the theoretical side of things. Once you've got a solid understanding, we'll begin working with you on practice uploads to develop your practical usage of the rubrics and your ability to communicate with uploaders. And as you continue to progress, we will gradually transition you over to helping out with real uploads. Throughout the whole process you'll have the support and mentorship of experienced staff members, as well as the ability to collaborate with your fellow trainees.

What are the application requirements?
We only have three strict criteria. All applicants must:
  • Be a registered MTS member for at least 6 months (not counting any previous accounts, only your current one)
  • Have at least 25 public posts on MTS. This includes any uploads and posts in the forums, but not any deleted posts. You can check your post count by going to your profile page.
  • Have no bans on their MTS account or the MTS Discord from within the last 12 months
Apart from this, we favour applicants that have regular time during the week to commit to being present for training. We also recommend applicants have a strong level of English, as all staff communication is done in English and you will be required to write notes to uploaders fairly regularly.

I want to apply but I don't meet all of those criteria. How can I fix this?
Well, your options are pretty straightforward:
  • Wait. And in the meantime...
  • Post more on the forums and/or upload more. If you want to post but you're not sure where, explore via the menus a little bit. We have many different forums that cater to different interests, from sims creation to off-topic!
  • Stop doing stuff that gets you banned. This really should not be difficult.
I meet all of the criteria! How do I apply?
Fill out our application form.. Then wait! When we are ready to bring on more trainees we will review current applicants and decide who to contact. Depending on when you post and when we look, this may take several months. We will post in this thread each time applications are reviewed, so you will know whether or not you have been selected at this time.

I have questions!
Post in this thread. We'll do our best to answer.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Advertisement
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 3:29 PM
Spring 2020 applications
We're looking to begin training for applicants within the next few months, likely early to mid summer, depending on how things play out and how many applications we receive. I will post in this thread with updates once the timeline firms up. If you are selected, you will receive a PM from a staff member with more details about the next steps.

simblr
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 2:47 AM
I have some experience doing this kind of moderator-type work on other websites, like Wikipedia and Conservapedia. As one of these volunteers, is one obligated to sign in every day, or can one kind of come and go like I do on the wiki sites?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 8:28 AM
Since moderating is a team activity, it's recommended to be around and on discord every day (or at least every couple days), since if an uploader or staff members has questions about why something was moderated, we usually check with the original staff member.  So unfortunately it doesn't suit the "come only so often to the site" pattern.  We've tried it before but it doesn't work with the workflow.  Thanks for the consideration though!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 10:14 AM
I would apply again this year but now I am busy moderating a discord with 100k people lol. Hopefully you'll get some good newbies :D
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#6 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 3:09 PM
Since my finals got canceled this year, I've got a lot of free time now... so, I've sent my application:
I'd love to help you guys out.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 3:30 PM
So glad to see more applications coming in! You folks rock!

To everyone, one thing to keep in mind is that even though life is weird right now (like finals being cancelled) we're looking for people who are committed to volunteering even after life gets back to normal (whenever that may be). So if you have time right now because you can't work, but when you return to your job you'll be really busy again, then this might not be the right fit for anyone involved. But if you think you can still make things work post-pandemic, then it might be a perfect time to apply!

simblr
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#8 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 10:36 PM
I think i‘ll be fine!
I won‘t be doing anything until November and even after that, I‘ve always managed to spend hours playing The Sims and catch up with my studies. So, I don’t think i‘d be overloaded with work... of course, I can’t forsee any future projects, but like I said, if I didn’t use the time moderating, i‘d be text-messaging for hours anyway. Lol.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th May 2020 at 8:32 PM
Is there a deadline for the applications to be taken in?
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th May 2020 at 3:32 PM
Not really. We plan on leaving applications open year round, so it's more a matter of whether or not you apply in time to begin training for this year's summer session, which we don't have a firm date for yet. Once we're getting closer to the cut-off and the dates are firmed up, I'll post an update here. @Chaavik

simblr
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#11 Old 9th May 2020 at 9:17 AM
@PharaohHound Thanks so much for the response to the question! We will be checking back here for future updates.
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 2:54 PM
Hi folks just wanted to give an update on where we're at. Of the applicants, right now we've asked a couple of people to join us. This doesn't mean that everyone else has been rejected. Indeed, many of the applications look great, choosing who to grab now was very tough! We're just revamping our training system at the moment, and the first time around we want to keep it to a small group of people so it's easier to manage and troubleshoot any issues that might pop up. Once we get that stuff figured out, then we'll revisit bringing on more of you.

simblr