Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2020 at 4:23 PM
Default Can a deleted thread be recovered and be looked at at a bug with uploading?
I deleted an upload page of mine because I was unable to edit the files (Reason I placed this in technical). I was unable to find a place to ask questions, so I deleted it with the words that I could not edit the files, hoping it would alert a moderator and that this person could contact me instead of it actually being deleted. Well that didn't happen and it just got "removed" instantly. Strangely enough, I can still find the post on MTS, just not edit it anymore and it is no longer on my profile.

Can it be recovered so I can edit my own topic again, and also fix the files so I can upload updated files (It was an old upload) and remove the no longer working files (I could only remove pictures and upload files, but the uploaded files I could not access)? Or can I get a moderator to explain to me how this new uploading system works, and where I now can edit and delete uploaded files?

Thanks! It's about this one: http://modthesims.info/d/609496/50-...-june-2019.html
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 9th May 2020 at 4:50 PM
I've restored the thread. 

I am not sure what the issue with the files is, since it has 11 files attached.  You would edit and remove files in the same way as before - using the Edit button, then switching to the Attachments tab.

Can you try it now that it's been restored? Thanks

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2020 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
I've restored the thread. 

I am not sure what the issue with the files is, since it has 11 files attached.  You would edit and remove files in the same way as before - using the Edit button, then switching to the Attachments tab.

Can you try it now that it's been restored? Thanks

Yeah, those files are old. I tried going to the Attachment tab and it only shows this: https://prnt.sc/sdqzz9
I can not edit or remove the files that are now attached. All the files (except the 2 that I tried adding to see if that would fix the problem) are outdated and no longer working. I wanted to remove those files and make new files with a steady name so I can easily update in the future (Before, I called them v1, v2 etc, I do not need that as I heard if you upload the file with the same name, it will overwrite).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th May 2020 at 4:54 PM
And thank you for restoring it btw! I hope you can also help me with the attachment issue
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th May 2020 at 9:32 AM
No solve? Can someone then remove all the attached files from the post for me? Maybe that solves it and then I can add the new files Maybe I can edit those properly when I start anew with adding files.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 10th May 2020 at 10:10 AM
The issue with the files should now be fixed and they should show up in the attachments list correctly now.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th May 2020 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
The issue with the files should now be fixed and they should show up in the attachments list correctly now.

Yes it works, thank you so much for the fast fix!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#8 Old 10th May 2020 at 8:19 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered