Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job Overhaul -- Interviews And More (UPDATED: 30 May 2021)

by gamefreak130 Posted 30th Jun 2019 at 1:56 AM - Updated 30th May 2021 at 6:40 PM by gamefreak130 : Mod Updated; See "Changelog"

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 159 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9
Scholar
#26 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Affinity
This mod is conflicting with Nraas GoHere.
With both mods installed when I click on the ground or the ocean no options come up, but clicking anything else works fine.

I am using the latest version, I didn't get the chance to play the older one. I use the normal base mod since I don't have Careers.

@Affinity, I don't think it conflicts with Gohere, I have it installed and the options show up on the ground and ocean. Do you have the testing version of Gohere? I don't thnk that makes any difference, any version of Gohere should work and has no connection to the Job Overhaul mod.
Scholar
#27 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 2:45 PM Last edited by desiree101 : 1st Jul 2019 at 3:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Hmm, that's strange, I have both those options enabled but the jobs don't show. I have a sim who has just skilled up on the Science skill and I want him to join the medical profession. If I make him look through the newspaper and computers, the job may not come up for days (I really don't want to enable all jobs and professions to show up via the classifieds otherwise the sim won't ever get off the pc or put the newspaper down lol) I just want to send him to the hospital and apply from there and get an interview if thats how it works.
I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing, or a mod I might have installed that is blocking the careers from showing up, I just have no idea what it might be. When I take your mod out, the professions/careers come back.
Edit: I should add I have the updated version of your mod installed if that helps. Thank you

Edit again: Sorry for being a pain in the behind, I think I understand how this mod works now, I was confusing myself lol. The medical profession won't show up because it requires an interview. I disabled the interview and now it shows up - but it would be cool if it could show up and still require an interview ) But anyway, I love this mod. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 3:15 PM
RU Translation update
I found one typo and make few changes in my translation.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Gamefreak130_JobOverhaul_RU.7z (105.2 KB, 12 downloads)
Description: Already built in, don't download.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
@Affinity, I don't think it conflicts with Gohere, I have it installed and the options show up on the ground and ocean. Do you have the testing version of Gohere? I don't thnk that makes any difference, any version of Gohere should work and has no connection to the Job Overhaul mod.

I have the normal version. I'll keep checking. Maybe it's my GoHere settings.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#30 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 4:39 PM Last edited by gamefreak130 : 2nd Jul 2019 at 12:35 AM.
I have the normal version. I'll keep checking. Maybe it's my GoHere settings.

I’m only able to take a cursory look right now, but at a glance I can’t see any reason why my mod would conflict with GoHere. Would you mind temporarily installing NRaas Selector and seeing if a script error is written when you try to click on the ground?

EDIT: I just tested both versions of my mod with GoHere, and I can't reproduce the problem. Again, try and use Selector to throw a script error and upload that here.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#31 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 4:49 AM
This is awesome.. Omigod!!!!!! Thanks for fixing and making things more accessible... I'm excited for the game again. Thank you again!!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
I’m only able to take a cursory look right now, but at a glance I can’t see any reason why my mod would conflict with GoHere. Would you mind temporarily installing NRaas Selector and seeing if a script error is written when you try to click on the ground?

EDIT: I just tested both versions of my mod with GoHere, and I can't reproduce the problem. Again, try and use Selector to throw a script error and upload that here.

Hi, @gamefreak130, here's the script error.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ScriptError_mypc__07-02-2019__14-36-00__0C7512E0.zip (2.7 KB, 7 downloads)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#33 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 8:46 AM
Amazing- love how this makes the game even deeper.

I had a wish about this years ago and I'm so glad it finally became a reality!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#34 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 4:36 PM
I'm so glad there are still creators for the sims 3 out there. You're idea is brillant and I can't wait to launch my game and try this new mod. Thank you very much!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#35 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 12:12 AM Last edited by gamefreak130 : 3rd Jul 2019 at 12:25 AM.
Hi, @gamefreak130, here's the script error.

Hmm...looking at the logs, my guess would be that it's an error with a borked ITUN of some kind. I don't see anything that my mod would be doing that would cause such an error. You're sure it's my mod causing the problem?

You might be better off asking the good folks at NRaas about this. If you do, keep me posted on what they say.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 2:00 AM
Is it just me but does the exported file not save to the folder?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#37 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampchick
Is it just me but does the exported file not save to the folder?

That's strange. Is the Library folder read-only? Are you able to create and save households or lots in-game?

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 5:45 AM
Hmm...looking at the logs, my guess would be that it's an error with a borked ITUN of some kind. I don't see anything that my mod would be doing that would cause such an error. You're sure it's my mod causing the problem?

You might be better off asking the good folks at NRaas about this. If you do, keep me posted on what they say.

Well, no, I am not actually sure. I will post this to Nraas though. Thank you for the help.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 6:24 AM
That's strange. Is the Library folder read-only? Are you able to create and save households or lots in-game?

Nevermind. It's working as intended. I was just hoping for a text file I could easily edit the positives/negatives. Like how Nraas's Retuner can export the current world's tuning as a text file then paste it into a xml.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 9:02 PM
Are teens supposed to be able to look for a job at a computer? My teen can find a job with the newspaper just fine but all I get listed on the computer is the self-employed jobs from Ambitions. I'm also only getting the jobs listed that the teen is eligible to take (they have the skill the job is based on). It's not really that big of a deal, I usually have teen jobs disabled so I can give them after school clubs and I should be able to assign then a job with Debug Enabler.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#41 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Are teens supposed to be able to look for a job at a computer? My teen can find a job with the newspaper just fine but all I get listed on the computer is the self-employed jobs from Ambitions. I'm also only getting the jobs listed that the teen is eligible to take (they have the skill the job is based on). It's not really that big of a deal, I usually have teen jobs disabled so I can give them after school clubs and I should be able to assign then a job with Debug Enabler.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this issue. What expansions do you have? Which version of my mod are you using? Do you use any other mods that might conflict with my mod?

Field Researcher
#42 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 4:26 AM
I'm afraid I can't reproduce this issue.

And now I can't replicate the problem either. Maybe it was something with the family then. Sorry about that.
Test Subject
#43 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 6:45 AM
Hey! Unfortunately I can't use the mod for now - which is NOT the mod's fault! My game is installed in German, and you clearly said it is only available in English I just had this naive idea that it would just show the English texts for me.. Instead it shows no texts. Oh well. BUT I really would love to use this mod, so maybe I can help with the German translation in a little while when I am on holiday from work. Would you mind telling my how exactly I could do that? I know you already wrote a bit about it, but to be honest, I have never done it and don't know much about modding, so I didn't really understand it ..
Space Pony
Original Poster
#44 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandra2206
Hey! Unfortunately I can't use the mod for now - which is NOT the mod's fault! My game is installed in German, and you clearly said it is only available in English I just had this naive idea that it would just show the English texts for me.. Instead it shows no texts. Oh well. BUT I really would love to use this mod, so maybe I can help with the German translation in a little while when I am on holiday from work. Would you mind telling my how exactly I could do that? I know you already wrote a bit about it, but to be honest, I have never done it and don't know much about modding, so I didn't really understand it ..

Sorry about that! The lack of strings was an oversight on my part that I can fix in a future release. In the meantime, though...

The easiest way to translate would be to simply copy and paste the existing English STBL in S3PE. Name the new resource "JobOverhaul_Strings GER_DE" and give it an instance of "0x0997182800D62375." Then, click "Edit STBL" and translate line-by-line. Be sure to click "Save" when you're done, then "Yes" to commit changes, then save the modified package.

Anything within curly braces ( { } ) is a dynamic text element that the game will automatically fill in with the appropriate value and should not be translated. The exception to this is {MA.X} or {FA.Y}; in this case, "X" will appear in-game if the sim is male, and "Y" will appear if the sim is female.

When you're done and you've tested in-game, right-click the STBL you made and select "Export/To File..." Then, upload that exported file here, and I can package it for release.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Space Pony
Original Poster
#45 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 6:47 PM
NEW UPDATE: JULY 4, 2019

Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue concerning bugged "Go Here" interactions when NRaas GoHere is installed without the Late Night expansion; this mod should now be fully compatible with GoHere
  • Added Holo Computer tuning to tuning package
  • Added Russian translation. Thanks Knight!
  • Languages other than English or Russian will display English strings so as not to be totally unplayable
Please clear caches and redownload!

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 7:30 PM
NEW UPDATE: JULY 4, 2019

Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue concerning bugged "Go Here" interactions when NRaas GoHere is installed without the Late Night expansion; this mod should now be fully compatible with GoHere
  • Added Holo Computer tuning to tuning package
  • Added Russian translation. Thanks Knight!
  • Languages other than English or Russian will display English strings so as not to be totally unplayable
Please clear caches and redownload!

Thank you!~
Mad Poster
#47 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 10:37 PM
Thanks for working so hard on this.I hope it can be safely used on a game patched to 167 as I got stuck on that patch and decided to just let my game stay on that patch.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
Thanks for working so hard on this.I hope it can be safely used on a game patched to 167 as I got stuck on that patch and decided to just let my game stay on that patch.

Others said that there is no difference in the game code between 1.67 and 1.69 so you should be okay.
Scholar
#49 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 1:34 AM
Wow, this is indeed a 'labour of love'. I can't wait to try all this out. But I do have a couple of suggestions:-

1. It would be a nice touch if sims entering the Movie career could attend an 'audition' rather than an interview.

2. Also it would be rather neat if sims who have attended the Ballet and/or Drama Club after school activities stood a higher chance of getting the gig.

Like I said, they're just suggestions, and I wouldn't have the first idea how to create a mod myself, so I've no idea if it would possible to integrate these ideas into yours. If not, as an old dancer and actor, I'm well used to hearing "...don't call us, we'll call you" so I won't mind.

P.S. Thanks for fixing the 'Get Food for Shoot' job. That's been bugging me for years! I don't think it ever worked properly.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 8:33 PM
I love this mod, and discovered that it's conflicting with NRaas Once Read. Both the original version and the update cause Once Read to throw script errors like crazy. There's a thread about it at NRaas: Script errors like nobody's business.
Page 2 of 9