Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job Overhaul -- Interviews And More (UPDATED: 30 May 2021)

by gamefreak130 Posted 30th Jun 2019 at 1:56 AM - Updated 30th May 2021 at 6:40 PM by gamefreak130 : Mod Updated; See "Changelog"

206 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 158 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Test Subject
#51 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 8:54 PM
I really want to use this mod, but I am getting tons of errors. I'll post them here if needed. I haven't tried it on a new save so I could do that and see what happens.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#52 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Wow, this is indeed a 'labour of love'. I can't wait to try all this out. But I do have a couple of suggestions:-

1. It would be a nice touch if sims entering the Movie career could attend an 'audition' rather than an interview.

2. Also it would be rather neat if sims who have attended the Ballet and/or Drama Club after school activities stood a higher chance of getting the gig.

Like I said, they're just suggestions, and I wouldn't have the first idea how to create a mod myself, so I've no idea if it would possible to integrate these ideas into yours. If not, as an old dancer and actor, I'm well used to hearing "...don't call us, we'll call you" so I won't mind.

Thank you for the suggestions! Having after school activities influence the chance of success would be difficult to implement, and Drama Club builds the Charisma skill, which is already a "Required Skill" for the Film career by default. However, renaming "interviews" to "auditions" is doable, and I'll definitely consider it for a future release

Quote: Originally posted by tamalinn
I love this mod, and discovered that it's conflicting with NRaas Once Read. Both the original version and the update cause Once Read to throw script errors like crazy. There's a thread about it at NRaas: Script errors like nobody's business.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Stopping the script errors should be an easy fix, but I'm still looking into preserving OnceRead functionality with my mod installed. I'll push an update out as soon as I can.

Quote: Originally posted by Lbillusion
I really want to use this mod, but I am getting tons of errors. I'll post them here if needed. I haven't tried it on a new save so I could do that and see what happens.

Please upload them so I can take a look; I can't fix errors if I don't know why they're happening

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Test Subject
#53 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 10:25 PM
I feel bad because there are so many. LOL. I also have changed a bunch of settings in retuner if that may be an issue. The ones here I got when I created a new save in Monte Vista.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Script Errors.zip (13.1 KB, 13 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 10:37 PM
Thank you! I just discovered that it's conflicting with Hybrid too, same NRaas thread.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#55 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 1:26 AM
I feel bad because there are so many. LOL. I also have changed a bunch of settings in retuner if that may be an issue. The ones here I got when I created a new save in Monte Vista.

This is odd, because it looks like all of the NRaas mods you have installed are erroring out when injecting their interactions into the game. Does this happen in both a new game and an existing save? Have you tested with just my mod and NRaas mods installed? Which version of my mod do you have? Have you cleared your caches? What expansions, if any, do you have?

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Test Subject
#56 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 3:40 AM
It happens in a new save and in my custom world. I haven't taken out any other mod, besides this one and everything still works. I clear my caches before I start each play session. I have all the expansions installed also. I have the latest July 4th version of this mod. I do have the testing version of Nraas careers installed and Kittythesnowcats version of vector installed. I'll make sure I have all the latest version of the Nraas mods.
I do get conflicts when I run the dashboard tool, but it doesn't say this mod conflicts with anything. Anything else that might help let me know. I have tuned my XMLS quite a bit as well.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#57 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 4:23 AM
It happens in a new save and in my custom world. I haven't taken out any other mod, besides this one and everything still works. I clear my caches before I start each play session. I have all the expansions installed also. I have the latest July 4th version of this mod. I do have the testing version of Nraas careers installed and Kittythesnowcats version of vector installed. I'll make sure I have all the latest version of the Nraas mods.
I do get conflicts when I run the dashboard tool, but it doesn't say this mod conflicts with anything. Anything else that might help let me know. I have tuned my XMLS quite a bit as well.

Having you tried starting a new game with just this mod and your NRaas mods installed?

Test Subject
#58 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 8:57 AM Last edited by Lbillusion : 8th Jul 2019 at 9:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
Having you tried starting a new game with just this mod and your NRaas mods installed?

This is working. Having a sim look at classifieds now. I guess your mod seems to be fine with the NRaas suite. I need to reorganize my custom content anyway...I guess this will give me the opportunity. I'd have to add things in one by one and see what else is conflicting, right?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#59 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 12:08 PM
This is working. Having a sim look at classifieds now. I guess your mod seems to be fine with the NRaas suite. I need to reorganize my custom content anyway...I guess this will give me the opportunity. I'd have to add things in one by one and see what else is conflicting, right?

Yes, it's likely that my mod is conflicting with another non-NRaas mod. Let me know what you find.

Test Subject
#60 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
Yes, it's likely that my mod is conflicting with another non-NRaas mod. Let me know what you find.

I renamed Sims 3 folder and reinstalled the game and named my folder back to what it was. It seems to be working....no more script errors.
Test Subject
#61 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 4:22 PM
This mod is amazing, this add a whole new and exciting level to my game play. I have installed and tested out the mod and with the adults it works just fine but I am having a little trouble with teens. Not sure if it is indented to work for the teen to have part time jobs or not but when I accepted a Waiting Saturday job (custom career from MissyHissy) my teen went over to the bistro to fill out the application for the job and as soon as he entered the bistro Script Errors started to show in the notification bar but what I found weird was it came in as multiple, over 500 script error. So i'm not sure if I should just disable interviews for part time jobs and these custom Saturday jobs altogether but on the other hand I would really like it if my teens were also able to go on interviews.

I was wondering would it be possible if you could put in an enable and disable function for your mod in game, just like the one that Story Progression has?? It would allow for people to enable/disable the mod in different save files. I know we can just set every job to no interviews but it would consume more time doing that.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 10:46 PM
I just tested this after backing up my Sims 3 folder and found it annoying to have to disable all job interviews because my apocalypse challenge in Sunset Valley2 is a newly settled colony and has a very small population.I should disable quite a few careers where the rabbit hole isn't present.I've only got my young couple living in SSV2 so far and no script errors for me and I've got only114 NRaas Mod files installed along with awesomemod which is there to disable that broken automated school assingment system.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#63 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Renlyna
This mod is amazing, this add a whole new and exciting level to my game play. I have installed and tested out the mod and with the adults it works just fine but I am having a little trouble with teens. Not sure if it is indented to work for the teen to have part time jobs or not but when I accepted a Waiting Saturday job (custom career from MissyHissy) my teen went over to the bistro to fill out the application for the job and as soon as he entered the bistro Script Errors started to show in the notification bar but what I found weird was it came in as multiple, over 500 script error. So i'm not sure if I should just disable interviews for part time jobs and these custom Saturday jobs altogether but on the other hand I would really like it if my teens were also able to go on interviews.

I was wondering would it be possible if you could put in an enable and disable function for your mod in game, just like the one that Story Progression has?? It would allow for people to enable/disable the mod in different save files. I know we can just set every job to no interviews but it would consume more time doing that.

My mod is, I think, a lot less self-contained than StoryProgression, so I don't think a "disable everything" option is feasible. However, I may be able to fix the errors you're having. There should be multiple script error logs written to your userdata folder; if you upload one here, I might be able to provide a fix.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 8:49 AM
This looks so cool, i'm gonna try it out
thank you <3
Test Subject
#65 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 11:10 AM
This mod is so awesome I really like the fun uncertainty adds for finding careers it is definitely a must have mod for me now

I am using the if you do have NRaas Careers installed 4/5 version with nraas careers and all of its modules and I am getting a lot of script errors mostly caused by clicking on rabbit holes with an unemployed teen sim. e.g

System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x0018e ldfld.u1 in Gamefreak130.JobOverhaulSpace.Interactions.GetJobInRabbitHoleEx+Definition:Test (Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim,Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.RabbitHole,bool,Sims3.SimIFace.GreyedOutTooltipCallback&amp (94A601B0 [48A74C00] [4838FA80] [0] [8FF19AB4] )
#1: 0x0014b callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionDefinition`3:Test (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstanceParameters&amp;,Sims3.SimIFace.GreyedOutTooltipCallback&amp (94A601B0 [vt:8FF19A7C] [8FF19AB4] )
#2: 0x00070 callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.UI.Sims3.Gameplay.UI.PieMenu:TestAndBringUpPieMenu (Sims3.Gameplay.Interfaces.IGameObject,Sims3.UI.UIMouseEventArgs,Sims3.SimIFace.GameObjectHit,System.Collections.Generic.List`1,Sims3.Gameplay.Core.InteractionMenuTypes,string,bool,Sims3.SimIFace.GreyedOutTooltipCallback) ([516B1C30] [54DC1C78] [vt:8FF19934] [2493907712/0x94a60300] [0] [51A20EE0] [0] [00000000] )
#3: 0x00038 call in Sims3.Gameplay.UI.Sims3.Gameplay.UI.PieMenu:TestAndBringUpPieMenu (Sims3.Gameplay.Interfaces.IGameObject,Sims3.UI.UIMouseEventArgs,Sims3.SimIFace.GameObjectHit,System.Collections.Generic.List`1,Sims3.Gameplay.Core.InteractionMenuTypes) ([516B1C30] [54DC1C78] [vt:8FF1986C] [2930870996828928/0xa699c94a60300] [0] )
#4: 0x0014a call in Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.GameObject:OnPick (Sims3.UI.UIMouseEventArgs,Sims3.SimIFace.GameObjectHit) (516B1C30 [54DC1C78] [vt:85CD0744] )
#5: 0x00024 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.RabbitHole:OnPick (Sims3.UI.UIMouseEventArgs,Sims3.SimIFace.GameObjectHit) (516B1C30 [54DC1C78] [vt:85CD06AC] )
#6: 0x00012 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.ComboRabbitHole:OnPick (Sims3.UI.UIMouseEventArgs,Sims3.SimIFace.GameObjectHit) (516B1C30 [54DC1C78] [vt:85CD05EC] )
#7: 0x0005f callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.MapTags.Sims3.Gameplay.MapTags.MapTag:ClickedOn (Sims3.UI.UIMouseEventArgs) (3C1CFEA0 [54DC1C78] )
#8: 0x00012 callvirt in Sims3.UI.Sims3.UI.MapTagController:OnMapTagMouseUp (Sims3.UI.WindowBase,Sims3.UI.UIMouseEventArgs) (8FF72A20 [46AA3240] [54DC1C78] )
#9: 0x00000 in Sims3.UI.Sims3.UI.UIEventHandler`1:Invoke (Sims3.UI.WindowBase,Sims3.UI.UIMouseEventArgs) (94B40028 [46AA3240] [54DC1C78] )
#10: 0x00031 callvirt in Sims3.UI.Sims3.UI.UIEventHandlerGlue`1:Invoke (Sims3.UI.WindowBase,Sims3.UI.UIEventArgs) (94A21900 [46AA3240] [54DC1C78] )
#11: 0x000a7 callvirt in Sims3.UI.Sims3.UI.UIManager:ProcessEvent (uint,uint,Sims3.UI.WindowBase,Sims3.UI.WindowBase,int,int&amp;,int,single,single,single,single,bool&amp;,string) ([814390004] [7] [00000000] [46B8DD40] [1000] [-2050162080] [0] [40.4677] [37.2379] [0] [0] [931459136] [3A8C8330] )
#12: 0x00046 call in Sims3.UI.Sims3.UI.UIManager:ProcessEvent (uint,uint,uint,uint,int,int,int,single,single,single,single,bool&amp;,string) ([814390004] [7] [0] [814390004] [1000] [1000] [0] [40.4677] [37.2379] [0] [0] [931459136] [3A8C8330] )
#13: 0x00034 call in Sims3.UI.Sims3.UI.UIManager:ProcessEventCallback (uint,uint,uint,uint,int,int,int,single,single,single,single,bool&amp;,string) ([814390004] [7] [0] [814390004] [1000] [1000] [0] [40.4677] [37.2379] [0] [0] [931459136] [3A8C8330] )
#14: 0x00000 in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.UIEventCallback:Invoke (uint,uint,uint,uint,int,int,int,single,single,single,single,bool&amp;,string) (3BF951B8 [814390004] [7] [0] [814390004] [1000] [1000] [0] [40.4677] [37.2379] [0] [0] [931459136] [3A8C8330] )

I will try to investigate further
Space Pony
Original Poster
#66 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 12:02 PM Last edited by gamefreak130 : 9th Jul 2019 at 1:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by aquaqua
This mod is so awesome I really like the fun uncertainty adds for finding careers it is definitely a must have mod for me now

I am using the if you do have NRaas Careers installed 4/5 version with nraas careers and all of its modules and I am getting a lot of script errors mostly caused by clicking on rabbit holes with an unemployed teen sim.

I'm aware of this issue. I'll have a fix pushed out soon.

Space Pony
Original Poster
#67 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 2:49 AM
NEW UPDATE: JULY 9, 2019

Changelog:
  • Fixed script errors and undefined behavior when installed with NRaas OnceRead; this mod should now be fully compatible with OnceRead
  • Fixed script errors resulting from teen sims clicking on certain Rabbitholes
Please clear caches and redownload!

Forum Resident
#68 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 6:01 AM
Gamefreak, I was thinking about a something as a possible suggestion earlier. Not sure if it would be feasible, but thought I'd mention anyway. Could something like how the game handles promotions be altered so that you could be given some agency as to when they occur? I'll explain what I mean. Basically, as you know, the game has a 100% chance of promoting a Sim once they are eligible for a promotion by reaching the top of the progress bar, along with any skill requirements.

What I was thinking, if possible, is having the mod stall your promotion progress once the requirements are met. Instead, once you reach the top, a small chance could occur where you are offered a promotion directly (something like a 10% chance or so by default.) Maybe through something like the chance card dialogue box, such as:

"Congratulations! 1.Sim's boss has been pleased with his/her performance and is offering him/her a promotion."
-Accept Promotion/Decline (If declined, possibly have where the Sim in question could go to the career rabbithole and accept the promotion later once it's already been offered.)

What's nice about this would be that not only would it give some uncertainty to getting promoted, it would also allow you to have the direct choice to promote your Sims or not. I know this is something many people have wanted for years, a way to keep Sims at a certain level of a career instead of progressing all the way to the top every single time. As I said, not sure if any of this would even be possible, but just wanted to throw this out there.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#69 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Gamefreak, I was thinking about a something as a possible suggestion earlier. Not sure if it would be feasible, but thought I'd mention anyway. Could something like how the game handles promotions be altered so that you could be given some agency as to when they occur? I'll explain what I mean. Basically, as you know, the game has a 100% chance of promoting a Sim once they are eligible for a promotion by reaching the top of the progress bar, along with any skill requirements.

What I was thinking, if possible, is having the mod stall your promotion progress once the requirements are met. Instead, once you reach the top, a small chance could occur where you are offered a promotion directly (something like a 10% chance or so by default.) Maybe through something like the chance card dialogue box, such as:

"Congratulations! 1.Sim's boss has been pleased with his/her performance and is offering him/her a promotion."
-Accept Promotion/Decline (If declined, possibly have where the Sim in question could go to the career rabbithole and accept the promotion later once it's already been offered.)

What's nice about this would be that not only would it give some uncertainty to getting promoted, it would also allow you to have the direct choice to promote your Sims or not. I know this is something many people have wanted for years, a way to keep Sims at a certain level of a career instead of progressing all the way to the top every single time. As I said, not sure if any of this would even be possible, but just wanted to throw this out there.

That’s a very cool idea! I’d have to look more closely into implementing such a mechanic, but it sounds feasible, and I’ll definitely consider it for a future release!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#70 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 10:33 PM
Hooray! Redownloading now! Thank you for being so responsive. I love this mod.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#71 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 5:07 AM
What I love about this game.... 10 years old and people are still improving it!

I haven't played in a LONG TIME but I just downloaded this!
Mad Poster
#72 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 2:40 AM
I've redownloaded the updated version and already switched them out.I also finished tuning it to disable most of the careers that don't have a rabbit hole or enough population to make it worthwhile.I disabled the interviews for retired,unemployed and part time jobs still enabled.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#73 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 12:47 PM
Thank you so much for making and sharing this, it add so much to the gameplay as indeed the other mods you have shared with us. Have all EP,Sp+all store, on patch 1.67.02 with a lot of mods+cc and all works as should in game :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 10:41 PM
I just want to second what someone else said about modders improving a 10 year old game. I am so, so happy to see so many talented modders like yourself still working on making this game ever more immersive and enjoyable. Thank you for all your hard work.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#75 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 7:11 PM
Thank you
Page 3 of 9