Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 2:34 AM
Default Zip File Descriptions Unavailable (To Edit) When Editing Post
Love the new file uploader, but I'm unable to edit the descriptions for my zip files when I edit a post, which I really need to be able to do. Do I do this somewhere else now or is this something that must still be added?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 12:16 PM Last edited by Tashiketh : 17th Dec 2019 at 12:29 PM.
Glad you like the new uploader!  I guess I totally forgot that people add descriptions to files.  Most people don't.   I'll go ahead and add that.

Edit: And done!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 7:22 PM
Thank you so much
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 8:01 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Glad you like the new uploader!  I guess I totally forgot that people add descriptions to files.  Most people don't.   I'll go ahead and add that.

Edit: And done!

@ Tashiketh So I've tried adding a desciption to my zip files, I saved it, and it doesn't show up on the files download page (no description next to the zip file - see screenshots)
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 18th Dec 2019 at 7:43 AM
Hi Lierie,

I think what you did was put in each description and then clicked "Save Changes" at the bottom, correct?  Apologies for this - the way the system works is a bit different from previously. 

Because the upload part of the page is different, the changes made inside it are sseperate from the page itself.  So in order to update the description you need to do the following:

1.  Enter the description for each file
2.  Click the small "save" button next to each description
3.  Once the description is saved, you'll see a little green tick next to the save to indicate it's worked.

(This applies to both files and images, btw)

Hope this helps!

Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Dec 2019 at 2:31 PM Last edited by Cowplant's Cake : 18th Dec 2019 at 7:15 PM.
Hi Lierie,

I think what you did was put in each description and then clicked "Save Changes" at the bottom, correct?  Apologies for this - the way the system works is a bit different from previously. 

Because the upload part of the page is different, the changes made inside it are sseperate from the page itself.  So in order to update the description you need to do the following:

3.  Once the description is saved, you'll see a little green tick next to the save to indicate it's worked.

Hope this helps!

Sorry for posting in a solved post but, I'm also trying to add description to the files but every time I click on the save button it only shows "save X" and even if I save, it won't change anything.
Nothing works on both old and new files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Dec 2019 at 7:03 PM
Hi Lierie,

Hope this helps!

Hey @Tashiketh Thanks so much for your quick feedback. No, I added a description, clicked the tiny save button next to the description, got the tick mark, and only then tried to save the post. It doesn’t work, unfortunately. No description shows up. I tried it several times, just to make sure I wasn’t doing something wrong, but no luck.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 20th Dec 2019 at 10:53 AM
Lierie, can you tell me which specific attachment you've been editing?  This is so I can test it myself.  Thanks!

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 9:52 AM
@Lierie I've done some digging and fixed a bug relating to permissions not being read correctly when updating descriptions.  This should now be fixed!