Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 5:57 PM
Default Moderation Queue
Hi,

I uploaded a creation yesterday and I had to modify the screenshots to make them conform to the site.

But a problem appeared after I confirmed the changes. The description was deleted by the system after removing the photos that were no longer needed in the upload file manager. I think it's a bug.
I have seen that my description disappeared only after being submitted to moderation. It might be interesting to report this bug to an administrator. There is no way for me to reopen the post, and I can't restore the missing pictures in the description; there is no option to do so in this edit mode.

My share came back from moderation this morning with the information that there is no description! I wrote the text and again after validation the text still does not appear.
The post originally had a detailed description.

Do I have to make a new post to share my creation?
Thank you for your reply.

Have a nice day!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 6:28 PM
Hi there! 

That actually sounds like a syper nasty bug! Just got a few questions here:

1. Did you edit the post or did this happen in the Upload wizard?
2. If it was the upload wizard, the two pages are obviously on 2 different steps. If you went back before saving the upload (See 'save' button at the end of the page) and edit your images, you will loose your description. 
3. Whenever you edit your post and go to "attachments". Could you maybe take a picture of what you see? it should be just the new upload system where you initially should be able to delete images.

For now i'll let people know about the bug! So you shouldn't be getting any more CRs about it  Also will reduce the amount of CR's whenever possible and for the ones you were CR'ed only for the description! 

Hope to hear back from you soon! 
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 7:46 PM
Thanks for reply !

I only use the upload manager to upload new photos as requested by the moderation.I first deleted the old photos and then uploaded the new ones and saved it. I added only a message to the moderator and validated the post. I can't edit my post to take a picture of the upload manager because it's beeing moderated.

But now, must I recreate a post to share my CC ?

Thanks !
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 11:18 AM
Hi @caradriel! 

I deleted the previous CR and sent you another one (Which will get removed from the count later!) But just so that you're able to see if you can edit it now  If there's any weirdness or errors, make sure to report them in this post because else it's going to be a little harder to figure out the reason why it happens!

In the meantime, I'll discuss the technical bits and pieces internally so hopefully, we'll be able to fix it! 
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Feb 2020 at 7:39 AM
Hi !

I rewrote the description and some of the text is cut off now...
I think it's the photo that stuck in the description.

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Feb 2020 at 7:49 AM
You'll laugh, but I think I've found the one responsible! I recently installed a new extension on my browser "Emoji Keyboard" When I use it to reply to your message here, the text from the smiley is still missing. Is it possible that it's the same problem in the edit mode ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 9:12 AM
This time it's good! This is the cause of this extension! Now it's all fine.
You have to use the smiley's from your site to avoid this kind of mistakes!

But now I've lost the Bypass because of the many CR returns

Thanks
Have a nice day !
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 11:00 AM
Hi @Caradriel !

Nice! Sometimes it really is the not-so-obvious things :p I think the reason why the emojis don't show up here, is mainly because the system translates characters to the site's emojis.  Unfortunately, we don't happen to have any support for ye good ol' emojis you see on your phone :/

Quote: Originally posted by Caradriel
But now I've lost the Bypass because of the many CR returns
No worries! I'll remove them, since it really just was due to editing reasons  In your case you should have 1 CR left on the upload, since you did get checked on the images, but that shouldn't take your bypass away

Have a great weekend!!
Virtual gardener
#9 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 11:01 AM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered