Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Carnival Set (functional) [Update 05/08/07]

by Echo Posted 31st Dec 2006 at 5:41 AM - Updated 8th Dec 2008 at 4:42 PM by -Maylin-

633 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 579 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 26
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#126 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:21 AM
Running into problems trying to recolor the carousel..

A blank window at "Auto-select matching textures". Neither checked nor unchecked gives me any options. No option to ok it and nothing seems to load.

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#127 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:27 AM Last edited by Echo : 2nd Jan 2007 at 9:06 AM.
CC - I hadn't realized the carousel was enabled for recolouring at all! I'll take a look...

Edit - Yeah, the carousel is not enabled for recolouring. Because of problems I had with alpha bleeding in the ring around the top, I had to break it into three subsets, and thus didn't get to making it properly recolourable.
Top Secret Researcher
#128 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 8:13 AM
Echo, you are just amazing and I cant thank you enough for everything you have made for our games to have some good old fun. Thanks again for the best creations out here.
Test Subject
#129 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 10:50 AM
Thanks a bunch Echo
Forum Resident
#130 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:05 PM
:O! :O!! :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW. That... is... the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. *hug-tackles*
Test Subject
#131 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 9:11 PM
great download. I have all the EPs but am wondering if the ghost car is clashing with anther of my hacks.
It runs perfectly and then, at the end it stops and the sim just sits there being scared. It's a continious loop and even cancelling the action won't get out of it.
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 10:49 PM
Awesomeness! Thanks!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#133 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 12:37 AM
Sunny - is this a spooky cart track you've built yourself? The cart follows the Direction Changers like the roller coaster does, and once it's started the sims can't get out until they reach the direction changer that they started from.
Test Subject
#134 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Sunny - is this a spooky cart track you've built yourself? The cart follows the Direction Changers like the roller coaster does, and once it's started the sims can't get out until they reach the direction changer that they started from.

Oh, right, thanks. I was just going aroiund to the other side of the house. Sorry.

Roy
Field Researcher
#135 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 6:15 PM
This is really wonderful, Finally a carnival or fair,Its amazing that you also made rideable rides,Thanx you so much.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 8:16 PM Last edited by Santa : 24th Jan 2007 at 8:10 PM. Reason: "cuz
BoooHooo it keeps "time out"ing so I can't download it :0( I'll try again later.....
I've finally got it all now and am so excited to make my own track for my little simmies to play on. Thanks for making the items more attractive to the general sim population. And thank you for all your hard work and sharing with everyone else. You're amazing :D
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 8:48 PM
It took a long time to download, but it was worth it! Very creative, wonderful job thank you.

The one little issue I'm having is with the bumper cars, the sims when they sit in them just spin in circles. Any hints on how to get them to actually ride on the whole floor?
Test Subject
#138 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 9:56 PM
What fun! the roller coaster tute comes up as an invalid or corrupt file when i tried to open it though But you are the tops, your work is always great!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 1:03 AM
erica_jean: Is this on the attached lot, or in your own lot?
Forum Resident
#140 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 2:10 AM
Many players already congratulated to this extraordinary work, so do I! I admire that you continued this work for nine months without loosing the motivation! Thanks for this long time of effort and this great result!
hexameter
Test Subject
#141 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 3:40 AM
I have tried to download most of this but I keep on getting the same message when i go to unzip the file. It says: "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged.
So far it says this with the Waterfall, Carnival commlot, and the male clown. Is there any way to fix this problem? But what you have created is truely awsome!
R.B.S ( reply back soon)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#142 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 3:51 AM
Mshipe - Your downloads may just be timing out part way or some such, the server is still very busy. Delete the downloaded files, then try to download them again.
Test Subject
#143 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 4:07 AM
thanks Echo, I will try that and see if it works. I really hope it does. angain Thanks
Test Subject
#144 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 4:39 AM
OMG i love it! can pets ride in the coaster? like jump in with a sim like in cars
p.s thanks for this i made my towns carnival straight away!

Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than for somebody.
- Franklin P. Adams
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#145 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 4:49 AM
mogbog - alas, no. Pets themselves should just ignore the set.
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 5:30 PM
Thank you for responding to my question Echo. The bumper cars on the community lot, the one that was all ready created, for us lazy beginners.

I only had two sims in there while there were three cars? Perhaps that is problem? They did seem to have fun however, even though they were only going in circles.
Test Subject
#147 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 5:47 PM
All items downloaded except clown male. I get an err message that says...
unexpected end of archive. and. the aechive is either in unknowen format or damaged.
Please help because this is way to awesome to not get for my sims.!
Thank you. Phyllis
Test Subject
#148 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 9:46 PM
OMFG THANK YOU !!! i've been want something like this.... omg *faints* lol.
anyways hey you think later you can make a new mesh cart for the roller coaster if you can . i would really apreciate it and what does your tute mean when it say only 5 clicks ???

oh and 1 more thing i love all your downloads and this 1 i've got 2 say is 1 of your best ones !!! now im going to celebrate by drinking some soda
Theorist
#149 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pwydra
All items downloaded except clown male. I get an err message that says...
unexpected end of archive. and. the aechive is either in unknowen format or damaged.
Please help because this is way to awesome to not get for my sims.!
Thank you. Phyllis
Just keep trying until you get a good copy - the file server is overloaded and it took me several attempts before I got a working file. Perhaps try at a different time of day...

Cheers - David
Test Subject
#150 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 10:42 PM
Cool Thanks Echo
Page 6 of 26