Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Carnival Set (functional) [Update 05/08/07]

by Echo Posted 31st Dec 2006 at 5:41 AM - Updated 8th Dec 2008 at 4:42 PM by -Maylin-

633 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 579 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 26
Field Researcher
#151 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 2:46 AM
Incredible work!
Your ` Carnival Set is a masterful work of art!
Your knowledge of the working of the game with
your fantastic imagination is truly impressive.

All I can say is - Thank you so much for sharing your work`’

*´)
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Platinum*¨)¸;*
Test Subject
#152 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 4:18 PM
The Best. Im Speechle-.... (quiet to download)
Test Subject
#153 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 7:33 PM
Congratulations on this unbelievable project! You are wonderful!
Test Subject
#154 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 11:31 PM
Wow, this is so great. I wish I could play right now! (It's a looong story.)
I've been thinking of something like this for a while, but I'm not actually a hacker, so this is way better!
BTW, I saw someone ask if this can be used autonomously, but it wasn't answered. Can it?
(I accidently posted as feedback, not thanks before.)
Space Pony
#155 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 1:22 AM
This is truely awsome. I love it.
I've always hoped that EA/Maxis would release a theme park expansion for "The Sims 2" (heck, I wanted one for the original "The Sims" as well), but this is the next best thing. Thank you for making this.
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 1:29 AM Last edited by FKB : 6th Jan 2007 at 3:39 AM.
....wowie. You are absolutely amazing, and thank you so much for all the great work you share with us

edit: after trying your community lot in game I am even more (if possible) impressed. Everything seems to be in perfect order, and my sims are having a great time.

do the ska
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#157 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 4:55 AM
Yes, the carnival items are autonomous, but they don't advertise very highly. In other words, sims can use them without instruction, but they need to have a low fun rating and not a lot of other fun activities around.
Test Subject
#158 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 5:03 AM
Thank you very much! It looks brilliant, cannot wait to try this

chikky
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#159 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 5:20 AM
WoW! What a TOTALLY KEWL< RAD< ROCKING FAROUT< and all other outdated slang terms for REALLY WONDERFUL Creation! AND you made it so we can design our own roller coaster parks! YIPEE! What Fun!
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#160 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 7:26 AM
.....wow....just....wow.....
Field Researcher
#161 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 1:01 PM
erm... wow...
i cant wait to play with this... is there a collection file included?

Visit designit botan the new site and new url! no really... its new new!!!!
Field Researcher
#162 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 2:26 PM
Thank you very, very much !!!!
This is really wonderful and spectacular !!!!
Bravissima!!!!

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Test Subject
#163 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 4:04 PM
Thankyou!!!
What an original idea!
When I saw this on the featured page I thought it wasn't animated but still thought it was amazing!
Thankyou thankyou thankyou!
I have one small request, please could you zip all of the downloads into one WinZIP archive for peeps who just want to download it quickly and want all the files as well as the separate download files? Ty
The ModFather
retired moderator
#164 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 6:47 PM
Default This is just over the top!
You did alone what an entire modding team could have done joining their forces...

And they say that women are the "weak sex"! AH!

I can't resist, I must put aside all my current projects and play, play, play! Thanks a million for this astonishing set

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#165 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 6:50 AM
FYI everyone, the following update was just made to the above thread:

---

Update - 7 Jan '07: Hi all, just a quick update to a few of the files.
- The wonderful MaryLou has altered the carousel to make it completely recolourable. The horses are in one subset, and the rest of the carousel is in another. Thanks MaryLou! :D
- The clowns, spooky cart and bumper cars have had their advertising increased to the same ranges as the swing set. This *may* make your sims more inclined to use them autonomously, although I won't guarantee it. The roller coaster and the carousel have not been modified, for technical reasons.
- I've added poly counts to the text below.

If you have previously downloaded, the updated files are:
bumpercar_mesh.zip
clown_female.zip
clown_male.zip
carousel.zip
spooky_cart.zip

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback everyone has left me, and I hope you continue to enjoy!
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 7:24 AM
omg omg omg!
*squeals like a little girl*
finally!
i almost fainted when i read the bit about rollercoasters working!!!
a must have for ALL simmers, downloaders or not, sim-mad or once-a-month players! now... just to wait for maxis to hurry up and make these official objects!
Test Subject
#167 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 11:29 AM
Hey echo thanks again I figured out my problem Q-express screwed it but I was curious by chance if you can add some kind of stairs or whatever that the spooky cart go on or if there was a tutorial on how to do that so I can add a level.
Test Subject
#168 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 6:07 PM
I agree, this is wonderful stuff. However, maybe I not all that smart. There was a birthday party, and I put the clown podium in the house for the party. People could watch but no one watched on their own. But that wasn't a problem Now, The clown won't stop performing, and ther seems to be no way to remove the podium while it is in use. I know there are ways to remove it with cheats. But could we have a way to send the clown home? Pls? Thanks.
Test Subject
#169 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 10:00 PM
This the SWEETEST community lot ever!! I love this game! WHOOHOO!!

I'm totally beside myself right now.
Test Subject
#170 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 11:08 PM
This is brilliant!!! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm just having a small problem downloading the female clown. Everytime I try to download it a window pops up telling me that the file is damaged or incomplete, but other then that everything works great!!! Thank you again for this wonderful download!!
Field Researcher
#171 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 12:40 AM
WOW! Just incredible! I can't wait to play with this.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#172 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 8:55 AM
Anyone getting incomplete files: The server is very busy at the moment, and so your downloads may be timing out. If this happens, delete the faulty file and try downloading again.

Gilbert - The cart won't go up or down stairs, because then it wouldn't be able to figure out which of the direction changers it is heading towards.

Oberdorfer - The podium can only be moved or deleted while there is no clown on it. If you want to delete it, you might have to use moveobjects on.
Field Researcher
#173 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 10:43 AM
I put the lot into the neighborhood and entered it in build mode. I got this error when the lot loaded in.

Later I visited the lot with a Sim and the carousel worked fine without generating any errors. So I don't know if there is a problem or not.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError.rar (10.0 KB, 21 downloads)

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 4:14 PM
Default Thanks
Amazing! :p

Thanks
Test Subject
#175 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 9:39 PM
No freaking way!! This is almost too cool!
Page 7 of 26