Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Recolourable* Ford Mustang GT

by Numenor Posted 15th Apr 2007 at 10:12 PM

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 5:11 AM
Thank you so much!!! :D

Love is the Greatest Power!!! :)
Field Researcher
#52 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 8:04 AM Last edited by CtfG : 18th Apr 2007 at 8:17 AM.
Thanks for implementing the recolor option! I got the car this morning and wanted to do a recolor, but all I received was an empty package file *laughs*. You saved me a lot of time and research!

Edit: Just read your remark about same filename and GUID. I don't think the filename is that important, Numenor. I renamed Maxis' Fiat Punto from 7b2389etcetera to "FiatPunto_by_Maxis" while your car kept the original name, and it still works great with your modified Punto and all recolors. Just for info.

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissSimGameFan
I tried recoloring it, but all I get is an empty package.
I have University and Open For Buisness.

First, be sure that you do NOT have the Maxis Mustang nested somewhere in your Downloads. Then (in case you haven't done, yet) start Object Workshop and click "Open..." (NOT "Start"). Browse to my package, containing the *recolourable* Mustang and load it. then choose "Recolour" and proceed as usual.

The recolourable Mustang contains all the needed files to create a recolour: SimPE doesn't have to get files from the EPs nor from the CEP.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Of course, you are supposed to install my car in the very same folder where you installed the Maxis one, so to overwrite it.
If you want to install my car in a different folder, then you must delete manually the Maxis one, otherwise you will have problems.

I did install it in the same folder as the one from EA that is why I posted it to let you know that your car did not overwrite the one from EA.
I guess I did explain it that good.
So now both cars were installed in the same folder and the one you posted did not over write theirs and I see they have the same name but your file is larger.
Thanks again, I love the recolors.
Inventor
#55 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 10:24 AM
I am sure that Ford paid quite a few $$$ to EA (Maxis does not exist anymore) for this model to be included in the game. EA did a lousy job which you corrected beautifully, Who should get at least a part of the $$$?

Well, no, I am not that naive. But I think you should at least notify Ford of the whole mess so the next time they have the same idea they'll cut out the middleman (i.e., EA) and come directly to the person who can do the job properly.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 1:36 PM
wau nice..* thank you

*Make some noise people* *SchranZ and t3cHno*
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gizmo7680
I did install it in the same folder as the one from EA that is why I posted it to let you know that your car did not overwrite the one from EA.
I guess I did explain it that good.
So now both cars were installed in the same folder and the one you posted did not over write theirs and I see they have the same name but your file is larger.
Thanks again, I love the recolors.

There must be something you are overlooking...
It's absolutely impossible that you can have two files, with the very same name, located in the very same folder. Windows (or any other operating system) won't allow that.

At first I thought that you had installed the Maxis car with the Maxis installer (so that the Maxis car is named "66bf5b17569d47a4af55a024241d588f_0001.package"). But you say that the two files have the same name...

In any case, I tried to make my car overwrite the Maxis one. If this doesn't happen, for whatever reason, then you are requested to manually delete the Maxis car (if you are not sure, delete both cars, and then reinstall mine).

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#58 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 2:42 AM
Can you please see if you can make any car work if you dont have NL please??????
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 3:18 PM
I must thank you for this also, I have spent the last week in EA "My Stuff" hell, trying to get them to fix their car. I noticed that their car messed up all the cars so I contacted them and tried to get them to fix it, instead, I got advice on how to reinstall, get new drivers, etc, etc, blah, blah. I guess if people have a problem with the game that a generic answer won't solve, you won't get an actual solution.

Once the can is open - The worms are free!
Instructor
#60 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 3:38 PM
MaxoidSam has stated that they are fixing the car and will upload it soon.

Melissa
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 4:35 AM
Cool! And now I know who to send bugs to rather than bugging (sorry) tech support people who can only jump through the hoops provided by their management. Also, sorry for stomping on this thread.

Once the can is open - The worms are free!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 2:20 PM Last edited by Numenor : 21st Apr 2007 at 2:37 PM.
bbc100 - I can't create a car that works without NL just like I can't create a dog without Pets...

Ethyrdude - Just out of curiosity: exactly what you mean with "their car messed up all the cars"? And my car doesn't give the same problems, right? I ask because, of course, my car was cloned from Maxis'; and therefore it might have "inherited" problems that I was unaware of.

EDIT:
I've finished reading MaxoidSam's blog right now, and he says (among the other things) about the lights bug:
This bug is an indicator of how challenging it is to work on a game that adds new gameplay via expansion packs. The more new packs you add, the more installation combinations you have to test, and the more chances for things to go wrong.

Well, don't tell us modders! At least, you have created the EPs, while we have to guess, each time, what is changed and what might not work any more... .

Test Subject
#63 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 7:51 AM
If I have the "Car kit" from the exchange, can I use other cars that are available here for download? I only have the OFB expansion.

BTW Thanks for the recolors. They look great. And that bug with the lights was annoying me but you fixed it. Hooray!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnazEsim
If I have the "Car kit" from the exchange, can I use other cars that are available here for download? I only have the OFB expansion.

From what I've read around, no, the other cars won't work without NL, even if you have the "Car Kit" (which actually is a kit containing only the garage parts needed for the car to be *placed* on the lot, not to be *used* as a drivable car).

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 10:30 PM
I only have OFB as well

1. I downloaded another random car from MTS2 to see if it would work. Answer is no, it doesn't appear in the catalog. So my sims have a choice of 1 car in various colours and no variation in price. fortune sims all want to buy one of course....

2. The car is functional - sims can use it to drive to work, get the car alarm fitted, turn on stero and lights. Haven't tried woohoo or drive to community lot yet.
Test Subject
#66 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 6:33 PM
Big Thanks & a Request.....
Numenor, I love your various creations, but especially this fix, b/c the Mustang is my favorite car!!

Can I make a request, though?? I was wondering, if you could make this car and recolors without the racing stripes??
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 2:10 AM
I'm not very good at creating new textures; but if there is someone here that would like to fulfil your request, he's more than welcome!!! :D

Field Researcher
#68 Old 4th May 2007 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScienceJen
Can I make a request, though?? I was wondering, if you could make this car and recolors without the racing stripes??

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
....... but if there is someone here that would like to fulfil your request, he's more than welcome!!! :D

I have made this for you, ten recolours without the racing strapes.
The upload is already in the moderation queue.
In any case, if you can't wait for the approval you can find them at my site.
(look at my signature for the link)

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Theorist
#69 Old 7th May 2007 at 7:20 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 7th May 2007 at 7:28 PM. Reason: Missing file: the green recolour
Quote: Originally posted by MaryLou
I have made this for you, ten recolours without the racing strapes.
The upload is already in the moderation queue.
In any case, if you can't wait for the approval you can find them at my site.
(look at my signature for the link)
Ooh, MaryLou's recolours are gorgeous, you can find them in her "Outdoor - Garden" section. Thank you MaryLou and Numenor!

Whoops - I just noticed that the green recolour is missing or not correctly linked at your site, MaryLou. All the other colours download fine.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 11th May 2007 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David

Whoops - I just noticed that the green recolour is missing or not correctly linked at your site, MaryLou. All the other colours download fine.

Thanks to report !
Now it works fine

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Theorist
#71 Old 11th May 2007 at 6:23 PM
Thank you MaryLou - wonderful!
Inventor
#72 Old 12th May 2007 at 2:59 PM
Bless you sir - I had just started to recolour when the package was empty - and I was contemplatig figuring how to make it recolourable and now I don't have to - Yay!

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Field Researcher
#73 Old 13th May 2007 at 3:54 AM
Thanks so much for the recolors of the mustang, I needed this! I think the only other problem I have is that, when I first used the Mustang on a community lot, something weird happened. The first stop at a comm. lot was fine, but when I went to the second lot, my sim suddenly appeared in a taxi cab instead of her mustang. but get this, when she went home, she was driving a mustang (not riding in the taxi) when she got home. It didn't make sense. Luckily, this only happened once.

HAIR REQUEST: Long Curly Hair (i.e.: 01 & 02) for MALES (bld/br).
PAYSITES... BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRAID. >8D
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 15th May 2007 at 10:27 PM
I've got a problem trying to put these cars in a car showroom. I've got base +OFB only and I have the turntables (they came with OFB). I can click to buy a car in buy mode with wholesale on, but can't place the cars on the turntables. I get "must be placed on driveway". I'll look around and see if I'm doing something stupid, but at the moment it looks to me like the cars are NOT fully functional.

I couldn't get two sims to sit in it at once never mind woohoo, but again, I may be doing something stupid.
Instructor
#75 Old 18th May 2007 at 9:18 AM
Well done Numernor, very nice recolours and good work fixing a few glitches.

Retired...

kind of.
Page 3 of 5