Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Recolourable* Ford Mustang GT

by Numenor Posted 15th Apr 2007 at 10:12 PM

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 18th May 2007 at 1:49 PM
update on car lot - I can sell mustangs using wholesale mode and moveobjects to place the cars. I just can't use the turntable. Looks like the bit of code enabling the turntable is in NL somewhere. That would be a nice extra feature for the mustang - or maybe it should be a separate mod request because people with NL don't need it.

Haven't tried the sit in the car / woohoo again yet.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 19th May 2007 at 12:50 AM
I had no problems with sitting two sims in the car and kissing/woohooing.

As for the rotating car display, you are right... In a NL+OFB game, where I have other cars, I succeeded in placing the mustang on the display by picking another car, putting it on the display, then removing it and putting the mustang on.
But without NL, there are no other cars to pick, and I couldn't place the mustang on the display.
I'll try and look in the code to see if I can fix it.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 20th May 2007 at 10:29 AM Last edited by cwykes : 20th May 2007 at 10:57 AM. Reason: new facts
thanks a lot - I know you don't do requests.

I tried and failed again to get 2 sims to sit in the car at once. Re-reading the blurb about the car - it says "It seats four, but there's only room for one."
I can continue to live without car woohoo - I'm just glad to have the Mustang in more than one colour, but the current situation isn't tidy. The "ask to join" option shouldn't be there if you can't use it without visitors getting stuck!

I can use the car to visit community lots though. That worked fine yesterday.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 5:59 AM
This maybe a dumb suggestion, but is it possible to make other cars that work in non-NL games by altering the mustang mesh but keeping the other stuff the same??
I wouldn't know cos I can't create stuff to save myself...
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 7:04 AM
I've been wondering the same thing. You could post in hack requests and ask.... I don't think it's numenor's kind of thing.
Test Subject
#81 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 4:07 PM
Nice recolour
Is it possible to install NL cars and use them in Sims 2 + Seasons? Because he mustang works Also I know you dont do requests but coud you just put police ligts on the top? Pleeease.

Thanks, Wil
Test Subject
#82 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cwykes
thanks a lot - I know you don't do requests.

I tried and failed again to get 2 sims to sit in the car at once. Re-reading the blurb about the car - it says "It seats four, but there's only room for one."
I can continue to live without car woohoo - I'm just glad to have the Mustang in more than one colour, but the current situation isn't tidy. The "ask to join" option shouldn't be there if you can't use it without visitors getting stuck!

On my Maxis non recolourable car (Before I got this better one) I could do woohoo in it to my hearts content... Ah, those were the days. Anyway, I haven't tried woohoo with these so Ill get back to you...

Will
Test Subject
#83 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 1:32 AM
Ahhhmmm, Can you send this out as a .zip file? I just get a load of code when I attempt download it (The .Rar File)... (on my browser not my computer)

Anyway Yeah...
I realise I have done three posts in a row so don't bother telling me. Lol

Will .

Do it Or else!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#84 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 8:38 AM
Villhelm, ok, I won't tell you that you shouldn't post three times in a row I will only suggest to use that little "EDIT" button you see on the bottom-right corner of your posts... :D

Now, on to your questions:

1) NL cars without NL.
I know that the Mustang works even without NL, but Maxis carefully prevented the code in the Mustang from working with other cars. Creating a hack that would let people use *all* the NL cars without having NL would definitely displease the Maxis guys, because after all, NL's main feature is the ability of driving cars...

2) Woohoo.
If you can do that in the original Mustang, you should be able to do that on the recolourable version; I didn't change anything in the behaviour code. Please report your findings on this subject: I have difficulties testing this car because I *do* have NL and even the BaseGameStarter can't "remove" one single EP.

3) ZIP. The answer is no, sorry. If you get "odd code" when you left-click on the link, try and right-click, and choose "Save object as..."

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#85 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 11:05 AM
It would be good to hear from others withouth NL to confirm what I'm reporting. I can't put two people in the car at once never mind woohoo. The option "join" comes up, but the second sim can't do it and non playables get stuck.

However the sim can bring a friend home in the car just fine!
Test Subject
#86 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 1:32 PM
I downloaded the .rar.txt file... but it doesn't work in my downloads folder.

By the way i'm using a Mac, and this problem usuay fixes it self if the .rar is in a .zip Folder. (Hint Hint) Yeah, a new mac too...

Wil
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 8:42 PM
".rar.txt"? Where is it, there are only plain .rar files here... And of course you can't just pur a .rar into the downloads, you have to extract the package from the .rar archive.

Read HERE, especially the paragraph "If you are on a Mac".

Test Subject
#88 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 2:52 AM
Oh Thanks, My Mac kept downloading the file as .rar.txt So i just changed the file name.. I already had stuffit

Panic Over

Will
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 7:55 AM
Noticed another problem yesterday - or rather had my nose rubbed in it by the Burbs! She wants a car! Obsessively! At first it was just any old car, but now 3 of 4 want slots are for cars! Now daughter Lucy and husband John want a car too! They are broke of course and can' afford a Focus never mind a Mustang. With NL, there are cheap cars in the catalogue and the wants relate to those, but without NL they are not available. Any chance of a half-price second-hand version of the mustang or the focus to go in the catalog?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 8:52 AM
My Mustang is not a new car, is a replacement of the Maxis one; I can't create a second Mustang with a lower price, nor a different car, without losing the original one.

You can do it by yourself, anyway: it's easy!

Open the package with SimPE, select the Object Data, select the Raw Data tab and switch to Decimal view. Then scroll up until you see the "Price" field: replace the original price (7250) with any price you want.

Lab Assistant
#91 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 11:28 AM
That's not as hard as I thought!! - thanks for the pics I think I'll live with it rather than start modding though. At least it's noted here that adding the mustang may give you ALL the car wants relate to the full set of NL cars.
Test Subject
#92 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 8:14 PM Last edited by SimBud : 8th Aug 2007 at 1:02 AM. Reason: Additional Information
Really not sure what's going on. Just dropping by to get a file lost in a recent computer reconfiguration and I'm having the same problem with the file as villhelm this time. I don't understand why WinZIP is not handling the .rar format this time since it did the first time and I have the same version loaded again, but I can live without recolors. I can install video card drivers but I can't figure this out. Perhaps it is the WinZIP configuration I have. If I do figure it out eventually I'll post the follow-up. Anyway.... nice work as usual, Don Numenor.

edit: The really crazy thing is, I had this zipfile burned on a CD ( I thought it might be a little newer than when I burned the folder to disk, but it was on there). So when I find it and use winzip, it extracted with no problem.
So, I got the file saved, I have it in game, I'm a happy simmer, but I still can't figure out why the download wouldn't extract when I tried the link today. Just following up. Not sure what this all means though, whether it's my machine or the link. Have a good day, and thanks again for the cool wheels!!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 1:35 AM
Looks pretty good!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law!
Instructor
#94 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 2:11 AM
Really nice! I hope you could make an improved version of that other Ford car in the exchange.

Anybody who can make a Yoon Eun Hye Sim?
Test Subject
#95 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 3:55 AM
Thanks for the awesome work Numenor!
by the way, do you have the mesh for Focus as well?
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 5:39 AM
How did you extract the mesh? I want to make some recolors of the Ford Focus but I can't open it with SimPE.

I read that you aren't good with texturing but how does one recolor the cars without changing the color of the interior or the lights?

Lord let me live this day so that if I found it was my last I would have lived it no differently.

"It's the simple things in life you treasure."
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 9:48 PM
In order to create recolours for this Mustang, open Object Workshop and DON'T click "Start"; click "Open..." instead and then brows to the Downloads folder, where you have installed the Mustang.

When you load it, you will see this window:

You have to UNcheck the "interior" option, so that you can recolour the "exterior" only.

Field Researcher
#98 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 6:35 AM Last edited by Hairfish : 20th Nov 2007 at 7:05 AM.
Yes, about EA's Ford Focus, and now the Fusion. They come with three colors each, but they're NON-recolorable. I can't figure out for the life of my WHY they'd do that...unless it's to force us to come to you, begging for a recolorable version.

Since you don't take requests, I'll just ask: Any plans on making these two cars recolorable for those of us who are sick of black, blue, and red??

EDIT: Kathy, at InSIMenator.net, has made a recolorable version of the Focus:
http://www.insimenator.net/showpost...186&postcount=1
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 2:39 AM
Sorry Hairfish, I missed your post.

Anyone interested in recolouring the Focus or the Fusion please read THIS POST

Test Subject
#100 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 9:31 PM
ty this is great lol i have the original but i have never diven it at night lol now i no it has a bug lol its gone! and thanks numenor
Page 4 of 5