Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Sea Chanting, Please!

by Grapholina Posted 13th Dec 2007 at 10:21 PM - Updated 14th Dec 2007 at 1:12 PM by Grapholina

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 10:23 PM
Thank you. So. Much.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 3:22 PM
I listen to my own music while playing, with the Sims music muted, but the chanty wouldn't be muted! There would be three sets of it going at one time during a party or on a vacation lot, and not even fatal exception errors have brought me so close to defenestrating my helpless computer as this did. I hope yours works in my game...I downloaded one from another site, and it made no difference at all. I've removed that one so I can try this.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 3:56 AM
I hope it works for you, Silky-M. It worked for me, and now I can continue working on getting my vacation mementos for my favorite family!

You gotta have faith . . .
www.Grapholina.com
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#29 Old 23rd Dec 2007 at 12:38 PM
Hope it will stop that madness on my parties and community lots.
I guess this interaction should be available just for the best friends only.
Test Subject
#30 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 8:07 PM
Thank you! You are brilliant. The darn sea chantey was *so* irritating that I finally uninstalled BonVoyage. RO-HO-HO...
Gah.
Now I might even reinstall it. :D
Test Subject
#31 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 3:51 PM
You've made my dream come true :D
Test Subject
#32 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 3:54 PM
I Love Youuu Omg
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 8:19 AM
Oh thank you thank you thank you. This song was driving me absolutely nutty.

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

"Ma'am, your eyes look red. Have you been drinking?"
"Officer, your eyes look glazed. Have you been eating donuts?"
Test Subject
#34 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 7:51 AM
THANK YOU!!!

It drove me crazy.
Inventor
#35 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 3:43 PM
Thank you! You saved my day. The annoyance will stop.
Test Subject
#36 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 6:28 AM
...I think I love you.

Seriously, thank you SO MUCH for this! Once one sim learns it, everyone learns it, and you never, ever stop hearing it... thank the heavens I don't have to listen to the stupid song anymore. Thank you again. Oh my goodness. Thank you... thank you...
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 8:44 AM
Big Big Thank You!!!!!!! I am sick of that song!!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 9:57 AM Last edited by daz_far : 20th Jan 2008 at 11:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Grapholina
Sure, I can make one just for Tai-Chi. If anybody else is interested in it.

Thank god, i have a hotel, and some of the visitors like to block the 4 tile wide porch with their Far eastern practices (far eastern? They're on Twikki Island!!!), my sim couldn't get in, and i had to use the debug cheat to select and remove the bothersome sim. What a pain......

Printed Notice:
NOTICE: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice isn't actually worth noticing
Red Sign:
SIGN NOT IN USE
Test Subject
#39 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 4:24 PM
pleease! make a no autonomous thai chi - hack!!! please please please!! Btw thanks for this mod!!
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 1:10 AM
This is awesome. I had the one from Kathy at InSim and it didn't work. I was about ready to strangle every one of my Sims family! INFERNAL SONG, GAH!

THANK YOU!!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 11:49 PM
Oh thank god! Thank god... and thank you so much. Your like a vaccine for a spreading disease. Now finally this sims will shut the frack up and stop singing that annoying chantey. It's only good to hear when the pirate captain plays the harmonica but without it its like they got drunk off their a**es and keep singing it until i get an urge to execute them all.. commando style
Well thanx again for making the neighborhoods a better and more sober place.

If you would create something, you must be something.
-Goethe
Test Subject
#42 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 7:32 PM
I actually reset my neighborhood and allow no more vacations because my Sims were driving me completely batty with this. My favorite Sim would go to all the neighbors and teach them! I couldn't get away from it! Thank you, thank you - now I can vacation without fear!
Test Subject
#43 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 1:48 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#44 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 11:05 PM
Thank GOD!!! Or, better yet, thank YOU. Of probably -literally- thousands of downloads off of this site, this is the first one I have commented on. I always give a thanks, but this is the most essential mod ever created. Thank you thank you thank you!!! (what were they THINKING?)
Test Subject
#45 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 6:40 PM
Thanks much for this!
If my Sim tries to teach this song to his wife one more time...I will not having this spreading like wildfire through my neighborhood....
Test Subject
#46 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 7:58 PM
This is great Thanks a lot, it was the same thing with me, one sim learnt it and now alomst half the population are singing it, and it's so annoying as you said they sing it every time they have a moment free and at such inapproprate times too one family were singing it right after the grandfather died.

Thanks again
Test Subject
#47 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 5:34 AM
Oh Thank God!!!!!!! You are my hero! If you ever need a kidney, just ask.
Test Subject
#48 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 11:03 PM
I cannot thank you enough for this. Whew. I thought I was gonna have to kill the entire family and start all over again. It annoyed the hell out of me. DX I only had 1 of my 100s of sim families learn it and it was driving me bananas. Thanks again! <3
Test Subject
#49 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 6:55 PM
Thank you!! It was funny the first few times but it starts to get really obnoxious after the 20th freakin' time. I may regain some sanity now. =)

~Open your arms and let me show you what love can be like, It is all tears and it will be till the end of your time, Come closer my love, Will you let me tear your heart apart? All hope is gone So drown in this love~ HIM
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 8:57 PM
Exactly, at least Tai Chi is quiet. At times I am considering killing all my sims when started the damn pirate song again. In a household with 8 persons, I had 4 part canons over and over again.

It is quite cute once in a while *or when Johnny Depp does it* but not like this.

So, thank you, thank you, thank you. I LOVE YOU!
Page 2 of 3