Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#22026 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 7:31 PM
What's the absolute minimum amount of service Sims generated in a hood that has all amenities (e.g. a shop with one cashier, a restaurant, etc)?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#22027 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 7:33 PM
Any reason why my sims cant play drums, guitar, or bass when I've got the appropriate EP? Piano, violin, synthesizer and microphone are unaffected.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Scholar
#22028 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
To get the Hot Tub burniated, you might have to take out the porch {just saying}, so anyway what I would do is place the stuck object remover object in every spot on and near the porch...make sure to cover the area it won't hurt if there is nothing there. Also you might want to place the stuck object remover objects below the porch on the ground, main reason I noted that you might have to take out the porch. You should be able to rebuild the porch. So cover the area with stuck object remover objects and then let them do their thing. I have used them to get rid of invisible objects more than once this way.

I've tried that to some degree but I've not completely removed the porch (front and back) and tried it that way. I've even placed some of them under the house just in case it's in the foundation. It's most likely to be in the front area I'm thinking even though the sim did also go around to the back porch he did the "unveil" action out front. This family just has some serious garden going on and a ton of stuff which will honestly be a huge pain to do the "move out/move in" method. If I can't find it I will have to wait until the plants are harvested to do the other. I've never had any luck placing them in inventory then putting them back out it always screws them up.
Mad Poster
#22029 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Any reason why my sims cant play drums, guitar, or bass when I've got the appropriate EP? Piano, violin, synthesizer and microphone are unaffected.

Mod conflict, perhaps? I know that Argon and Atavera's instrument mods clash in specific.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#22030 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 7:43 PM
tunafishfish, did you install custom instruments? Something similar happened to me when I installed two different copies of the hack required to make custom instruments work. Make sure you only have one of those in your folder. Otherwise, I got nothing.

Bulbizarre--it really depends on the hood and what's built in it (a vanilla hood or downtown, for example, would definitely have multiples of some npcs and zero of others). And I'm not sure if you just mean community lot npcs/service sims (as in, not the maid, gardener, etc.). Otherwise, you'd need a cook, host, server, cashier, bartender, and barista, minimum. If you have a salon, there'd be a stylist/sim for the salon chair. I'm not positive if that's the same sim that would act as a masseuse, if not then another sim would spawn for the massage table. Oh, and depending on your hood, you might also need a cafeteria worker. I think that's everything.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#22031 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 7:53 PM
I'm running the hack conflict program now, but I think I took out everything except the custom instrument mod. That mod is required for all cc instruments like a new guitar or piano mesh?

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Mad Poster
#22032 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
What's the absolute minimum amount of service Sims generated in a hood that has all amenities (e.g. a shop with one cashier, a restaurant, etc)?

I've we're just counting service NPCs who show up on un-owned community lots, then (depending somewhat on what you consider "all amenities") that would include: Cashier, Bartender, Barista, Food Stand Chef, NL Chef, Sever, Host, Food Contest Judge, DJ, Break Dancer, Fire Dancer, Masseuse, and Hair Stylist. Possibly Human Statue, if you consider that a "service sim". Assuming you place all required objects for all of those, that (unless I can't count) would be 14. I'm actually not sure about the Food Stand Chefs...if you place more than one food stand on a single lot, you would get multiple Chefs, but if you place two different stands on two different lots, would you still get one each or just one?
You'd also get a Grand Vampire, two High Witches, Mrs. CrumpleBottom, and the Unsavory Charlatan.

If we include service sims you can call to come to residential lots, then that would include: Maid, Nanny, Gardener, Butler, Repairman, Delivery Person, Exterminator, Firefighter, Police Officer, Matchmaker, Obedience Trainer, and Headmaster.
You'll also get: Newspaper Delivery Person, Mail Carrier, Burglar, Penguin, Skunk, a full set of Hobby Mavens, at least one Garden Club representative, etc. On apartment lots, you'll get a Landlord.
If you go on vacation, of course you get more: Bellhop, Housekeeper, Tour Guide, Ninja, etc. With uni lots, you'll get a bunch of extras as well: Coach, Cafeteria Chef, Streaker, Cheerleader, Llama and Cow Mascots, etc.
Alchemist
#22033 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 8:22 PM
Good call, Rosawyn! I can't believe I forgot the DJ! I think you can put professors on the list, too, if we're listing everybody, as well as the boss (that sim that pops up when your playables call out sick).

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#22034 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 8:41 PM
I feel really stupid for not knowing this, but how do I register a pet breed in the game?
Lab Assistant
#22035 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
I feel really stupid for not knowing this, but how do I register a pet breed in the game?

Isn't it done by calling to pet services or something like that?

My question: is there a tutorial on re-creating Maxis neighborhoods? I want to re-create all of the pre-made Sims with their information, to have the same memories, etc. Whatever I do leads to neighborhood corruption. I wish I could understand what I'm actually doing wrong.
Mad Poster
#22036 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj

You can call the pet registry from a phone and register the pet as a new breed. It'll appear in Create-a-Pet.

Scholar
#22037 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 11:59 PM
I have some custom food items I've downloaded for a bakery, cupcakes and cookies and so forth. I've decided to go a different way with the bakery. What will happen to the already purchased items in Sims inventory if I delete the custom food? Will it just be an empty plate? Will it just disappear? Will it screw up my game in any way? These are not deco items they are items that must be produced in-game.
Top Secret Researcher
#22038 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
I've tried that to some degree but I've not completely removed the porch (front and back) and tried it that way. I've even placed some of them under the house just in case it's in the foundation. It's most likely to be in the front area I'm thinking even though the sim did also go around to the back porch he did the "unveil" action out front. This family just has some serious garden going on and a ton of stuff which will honestly be a huge pain to do the "move out/move in" method. If I can't find it I will have to wait until the plants are harvested to do the other. I've never had any luck placing them in inventory then putting them back out it always screws them up.

@ Clashfan
I would completely remove both porches and cover both areas with the stuck object remover and make sure to cover more area than you think is necessary, it probably would not hurt if you filled the entire foundation. After all the Hot Tub Has to be somewhere! If this doesn't work I think the only thing left is the move out/move in method, however much a pain that is, I feel for you I have been using the stay object shrubs for sometime as I hate having to buy all of the furnishings again. Good luck.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#22039 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 12:56 AM
Will it screw up my game in any way?

Yes, unfortunately.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...ding_corruption
Quote:
This breaks want trees for Sims whose favorite food was the deleted food, and will corrupt the memories of Sims who have a "Learned to make" memory for that food.
Scholar
#22040 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Yes, unfortunately.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...ding_corruption

I've got to go back and look at the info from the creator but these foods don't really fit in that category. They only show up under "serve" or "make" and have no memories attached to them at all. You can't order them in a restaraunt and you can't make single servings of them. They were essentially made for OFB use. I'm pretty sure they are cloned objects of the geletin or the santa cookies based on how the Sims produce them. I might just be stuck with them, they are certainly pretty but it's exhausting running a bakery where the Sims have to actually bake everything they sell.
Mad Poster
#22041 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 4:22 AM
I'm pretty sure they are cloned objects of the geletin or the santa cookies based on how the Sims produce them.

I had a couple of pies that were cloned off of gelatin and damn was putting them in my game ever a mistake. Since there was no prep stage sims could never "learn how to make" them but constantly rolled wants to do so. Simply pulling the completed pie from the fridge did not fulfill the want. I now have a very hard rule that any custom foods I put in my game must have a prep stage. I just cannot stand unfulfillable wants. The foods of course did not have any "learned how to make" memories, but what I learned form that was that any food a sim ever eats is there in the code so they can roll wants about it. The custom food thing is listed on that page in the "fixable neighborhood corruption" section, but fixing it sounds complicated.
Scholar
#22042 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
The foods of course did not have any "learned how to make" memories, but what I learned form that was that any food a sim ever eats is there in the code so they can roll wants about it. The custom food thing is listed on that page in the "fixable neighborhood corruption" section, but fixing it sounds complicated.
*sigh*, Of course, I just think I'm going to have to learn to live with them. There is only 1 sim (the baker) that has ever made any of them. I'm thinking if they are cloned items, and they are I've verified it, that my sim might just be thinking they've made hundreds of gelatins and cakes at this point. I'll think of it for a while to see if I want to gamble with removing them or not.
Instructor
#22043 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 9:31 AM
How do I turn a neighborhood road default for lush to a desert one? There is no transparent part, so I thought it might work but not sure how.
https://adinc-sims.tumblr.com/post/...overlay-for-lot
Field Researcher
#22044 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 10:36 AM
My sims does gain social from chatting on the computer, but he doesn't seem to gain a relationship with the person he is chatting with? Is this just my game or a general problem?
Mad Poster
#22045 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duvelina
My sims does gain social from chatting on the computer, but he doesn't seem to gain a relationship with the person he is chatting with? Is this just my game or a general problem?

It is normal. If he talks to the same sim long (and often) enough, they can even become friends just from chatting on the computer. And it is a social activity, so gaining social is normal too.
Field Researcher
#22046 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
It is normal. If he talks to the same sim long (and often) enough, they can even become friends just from chatting on the computer. And it is a social activity, so gaining social is normal too.

He chatted to her for five hours and she didn't even pop up in the relationship panel. There was no relationship gain icon above his head at any point either. How long does he need to talk to the same person for them to pop up in the relationship panel? Seems weird to me.
Mad Poster
#22047 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 12:44 PM
It is weird that she does not pop up in the relationship panel - I've seen them pop up with a score of 0! Perhaps you have to look if you have some mod conflict.
Field Researcher
#22048 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 1:09 PM Last edited by Duvelina : 21st Jan 2020 at 1:21 PM.
Great.... I don't have any conflicts anymore according to the Hack Conflict Utility, but still so many things in-game that stop working. I think corruption is just really killing my 'hood.

Update: It did work in a different house, but the sim only appeared and they only gained a little relationship when my sim stopped chatting with them autonomously. No relationship is gained throughout them chatting. Is that how it works? Because my other sim didn't stop chatting autonomously but after five hours, when I canceled it, they didn't even know each other yet.
Mad Poster
#22049 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 2:21 PM
The HCDU doesn't detect every possible conflict. That's not possible. You'll have to do a 50/50. It won't take as long as you think it will.

This is not what corruption looks like. It is very much what mod conflicts look like, though. And it doesn't have to make sense, remember.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#22050 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 2:26 PM
It definitely will take as long as I think it will, because this isn't the only thing that has stopped working recently and I'd have to check for everything separately. Loading time is about 15 minutes before I'm in a house. Anyway, back to this particular thing, the way I described it in the update in my last post is not how the chatting works? Kind of want to know for certain before I take out all of my downloads.
Page 882 of 1347