Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2022 at 1:01 PM Last edited by deptunczyk : 21st Mar 2022 at 5:18 PM.
Default Help! Invisible surface (backface cull)
Hi,
I have a problem with the disappearing surface in the CAW. In a given block, roads and areas between lots disappear. The problem occurs when "backface cull" (screenshots) is turned on by default. When I squlpt the terrain on this chunk, the surface appears for a moment and then disappears again. When I turn off this option, roads and terrain show up and I thought this was the fix for this problem. However, after putting this world into the game, it still looks like there are no roads. I'm just starting to create in CAW, so I don't doubt that I made a mistake. I really care about the solution because I put a lot of time into it.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Mar 2022 at 4:59 PM Last edited by deptunczyk : 21st Mar 2022 at 5:11 PM.
Additionally, when "backface cull" is turned off, texture glitches like in the screenshot appear.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2023 at 10:45 AM
Default Solved
After a long time, I realized that this problem results from too many lots in a given area. I noticed this during the world edit mode in the game. When I made a lot of lots next to each other, the same error occurred, and when I deleted one of them, everything was fixed.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Nov 2023 at 1:02 PM
Thanks for giving us the solution, hopefully this will help others with the same issue!
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Nov 2023 at 12:52 AM
I've seen this sometimes when a game is loading while everything is rendering. However, for purposes of routing, it's best to have at least two spaces between lots. Otherwise, sims can get stuck or have trouble getting past each other.