Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#676 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 9:02 PM
I'd like a smarter AI mod. If sim rolls a want, it should be on the top of the list of autonomous actions. So if a sim has a want to chat with so-and-so, the sim attempts to go chat with so-and-so before doing random stuff like watching TV or reading a book.

Maybe it could be even a level smarter than just bumping wants to the top of the autonomous stack. Perhaps AI could look at the wants and prioritize by appropriateness. For example, the sim has a want to order pizza. Rather than just order a pizza to satisfy the want, the sim waits until she is hungry and orders pizza instead of cooking.

A step above that, might even be AI that makes decisions based on what the player has locked in. If player has locked in "become friends with so-and-so", the sim avoids negative autonomous social interaction with so-and-so and only autonomously uses positive socials. If player has locked in "increase logic skill", sim prefers to autonomously perform logic building activities like chess and telescope over other autonomous activities.

Resident wet blanket.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#677 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 5:45 AM
I would like an updated no meteor mod. I HATE meteors!
Lab Assistant
#678 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 10:36 AM
Miscarriage mod! And not because I like to be cruel to my sims. I'll explain!

There was a miscarriage mod for The Sims 2 as part of InTeen (or InSiminater, or some other similar mod), and this was how it worked. Normally, of course, you got the sim pregnant, and then... just waited till the sim gave birth. You could basically ignore the pregnant sim, and the whole thing wasn't very exciting. But with the miscarriage mod, you actually had to pay careful attention to the pregnant sim: don't let them out in the cold too long (I accidentally made that mistake once, and poor Priya Ramaswami became so cold she miscarried, and was inconsolable for a good few sim-days afterwards ), don't let them get too hungry, don't let them get too tired, don't let them get too stressed, etc., or else they'd miscarry. And all that made playing a pregnant sim much more difficult, and therefore challenging and fun.

I've never seen a miscarriage mod for The Sims 3, either as part of a larger mod or as a stand-alone mod, but I've wanted it just about from the beginning.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#679 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 10:48 AM
My biggest wish for this would be a mod that allows me to give orders to inactives, like Go Home, Eat, Wash, Go To Bed, Read A Skill Book etc and the ability to cancel an order after a while. Something like AwesomeMod's SupremeCommander without the need to make that Sim active, combined with the default "Convince To..." interactions and then some more.
Alchemist
#680 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 4:06 PM
i would most pine for a locked fridge/computer type mod, where you could set it like a door, to just 1 sim, selective sims, household, or other. that way the friggin ghosts on my lot couldnt eat all the food in the house before my living sims get a chance at it, and the computer would largely be left alone.

but then id also like a way to keep ghosts out of certain rooms. they ignore walls, so its pretty much impossible, but i'd want something like that so i could design haunted houses where certain ghosts hang out in certain areas most often.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Top Secret Researcher
#681 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MorriganFrisbemen
I've been just dying for a good adoption mod, I even started writing out features for one. If only I knew how to mod, maybe it would actually happen. I want a mod that pulls the kids taken away from child services into a "waiting bin" or something that'll keep the kid there for a few sim days so if you wanted to, you could go to city hall and have a "hearing" to try and get your kid back, but if you fail/don't want the kid it stays in the bin for a while and people in the world/neighborhood could adopt them if there weren't any relatives or next of kin to take the kids, and after another set amount of time they'd be deleted from the bin. I also want it to add a "put up for adoption" option on the cellphone to schedule an appointment at city hall, that you then go to with the unwanted child and give them up(with a little "Are you sure you want to give ____ up for adoption? You might never see him/her again!" box coming up before anything is finalized.) I wonder how difficult it would be to make this?

Or alternatively, have a permanent adoption pool that babies/toddlers/children taken by the social worker remain in until they reach the young adult stage, with a system based on the one used for pet adoption allowing families to actually select whichever one they want to adopt rather than just having a randomly-generated pudding dumped on their doorstep. I specify the young adult stage because I'd also like to see the option to adopt teenagers added in- sure, sims can't be taken by the social worker during that life stage, but what about those that were taken away during an earlier life stage and later aged up? The current adoption system seems to inadvertently imply that children removed from their families by social services in SimNation are at best denied any opportunity to find a stable home and at worst thrown out into the street after they turn 13, because clearly nobody at EA bothered to think about the unpleasant implications of being unable to adopt teenagers under any circumstances in this game.

I also agree with the "put up for adoption" idea. It'd be practical as well as useful for storytelling purposes, since such a gameplay mechanic could easily be used alongside a better adoption system in order to place a child (or multiple children) created in CAS into an adoption pool so you can begin a new game or start to stage a screenshot story with a different family adopting them.
Scholar
#682 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 9:14 AM
All I want is adorable one sided crushes, deeper emotions, generally more interactions and the ability to barbeque infants and then eat them. <3
Field Researcher
#683 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 8:14 PM
Test Subject
#684 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 11:39 AM
* I would like to see a complete conversion of most hairstyles to be used both by men and females. Especially the afro type hairstyles which seems rather unisex in either case.
* I would like the bandana from the sims store as an accessory, preferably with a separate mesh not requiring the original.
* I would like most of the accessories AND beards to stack together, e.g. Painted Nails together with Fingerless Gloves or mustasche + sideburns + stubble etc.
* I would also like more accessories to be available for most age groups, for instance watches for teen females.
* I would like to have a fullmoon without a bunch of annoying zombies showing up trying to devour my gardens.
* I would like a more traditional looking hotdog stand sans plates.
* I would like a revamped homework system, where not every single kid is an A student. Perhaps a partly randomized result checking for certain skills such as logic or anything smartypants like that.
* I would also like more things to do for children, and more clothes for them. They always seems to be overlooked. Won't someone think of the children?!

On the impossible side, I would definately want to see a Goth group implemented among the Nerds/Jocks/Rebels. Requirements could be things like listening to darkwave, brooding, staying indoors in excess, complaining, dark colors worn and plastered in their assigned room or what have you. Though a, "Accuse of being Conformist" action would be favorite.

That's about it for now that I can think of...

Here's a bunny, bunny wants these things too, you don't want to disappoint a bunny would you? *hint hint hint*
Field Researcher
#685 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 3:15 PM
Lately, some small additions are what I want the most.

For example:

- Possibility to have functional heaters, radiators and air-conditioners. Not much - like decorative object with only switch on/off interaction (animations used from switching the TV or stereo), and moodlets matching the appropriate season. If someone knows any modded objects like this, link me.

or:

- Better usage of the hospital rabbit hole. When a Sim is not feeling so well (nausea, cold or whatever), I would send them to the hospital for medical examination, prescribed therapy and treatment, which will cause symptoms (a.k.a. negative moodlets) to disappear. For now, the closest to what I imagined are Twallan's Vector and Sims MX's Hospital Overhaul.
Inventor
#686 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 4:51 PM
I want the "run with scissors"-thing back from TS2 and I want fat sims to jiggle. Durr.
Test Subject
#687 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 5:22 PM
Make your own teen sims become a babysitter!!
#688 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 6:24 PM
I would like a few things to make the game more realistic:

* When parents get divorced & a parent moves out with the kids, I would like a mod that makes the parent that didn't get custody miss the kid(s) and cry over them. Sims don't seem to care that they never get to see their kids, stop having wants & wishes about them and just generally forget about them in a few sim days.

* A miscarriage mod like someone suggested above

* I would like it to be harder to keep your sims alive. Like a mod that would make them have heart attacks if they don't eat right or exercise, etc. And maybe a small chance of your sim dying in a car crash on the way to and from work. It would make the game more random and interesting.

* A mod that turned off that imaginary friend thing. They were funny at first but now their bloody annoying. I normally don't check the mail under the baby becomes a teen and then I just get them to give the toy away to one of their friends.
One Minute Ninja'd
#689 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GirlWithTheStripedSocks
I would like a few things to make the game more realistic:

* A mod that turned off that imaginary friend thing. They were funny at first but now their bloody annoying. I normally don't check the mail under the baby becomes a teen and then I just get them to give the toy away to one of their friends.

Well, I can at least help out on the last one. Twoftmama has a no imaginary friends mod on TFM (free registration). http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...bruary-16-2012/ I haven't seen one of those damned dolls in years.
#690 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well, I can at least help out on the last one. Twoftmama has a no imaginary friends mod on TFM (free registration). http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...bruary-16-2012/ I haven't seen one of those damned dolls in years.

Oh thanks so much!! Definitely downloading it! :D
Field Researcher
#691 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 4:29 PM
I would really like to find a mod that makes swimming (both in pool and in ocean/sea/lake/river) more fun and enjoyable activity for sims. Therefore, something which fills fun bar faster and (optionally) gives a fun positive moodlet after going for a swim. My RL fun bar fills damn quickly when I'm swimming, why can't sims enjoy it as much?
If someone knows of someone who have already created and published such mod, enlighten me, pretty please.
One Minute Ninja'd
#692 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.y.s.t.A.n.g.e.l
I would really like to find a mod that makes swimming (both in pool and in ocean/sea/lake/river) more fun and enjoyable activity for sims. Therefore, something which fills fun bar faster and (optionally) gives a fun positive moodlet after going for a swim. My RL fun bar fills damn quickly when I'm swimming, why can't sims enjoy it as much?
If someone knows of someone who have already created and published such mod, enlighten me, pretty please.

OK, here goes, Blu over on TFM has a mod that increases hygiene and decreases temperature for your dirty, heat prostrated sims when swimming in the ocean or a pool. it also allows for increased fun. You can find it here http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...update-2-13-14/ (free registration) although more fun is not the only intended function of the mod. However, I'm sure you could simply alter the xml in the mod to get a much higher fun fill factor if it's not fast enough for you.
Field Researcher
#693 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 5:52 PM
Eskie, that sounds great! Thank you so very much! :lovestruc
Page 28 of 28