Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 10:34 PM
"Baby Shower"
Tonight, my Sim got invited to a party at her older sister's house. She had married and moved into a new house via story progression on the same day. I tought it was pretty funny they would have a house-warming party... but when I clicked on the sister to talk to her, I saw that she was huge and very obviously pregnant, and the only option that showed up was "take to hospital"! It's so cute that townies would have a baby shower (probably a coincidence, but oh well...). So while her brother-in-law was laughing his head off about a joke some random guy made, my sim took her sister to the hospital. She went by taxi and her sister took the bike -.-
Anyways, my sim now has a lovely nephew larva AND the +80 "new baby" moodlet, even though it's not hers and isn't part of her household. Way to go.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 11:20 PM
That is so cute!

Just call me Nickey.

The Godfrey Legacy
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/lolipopsims
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 1:19 PM
usually the pregnant sim's (ex)partner stops whatever he is doing and goes to the hospital with her. and your sims isn't supposed to get the new baby moodlet when she isn't immediate family.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 1:41 PM
I never got that. My lady Gaga sim was pregnant, and while all the townies were gorming out she cycled to the hosptial to give birth.

Essentially, her waters broke outside a shop and she cycled to the hospital, CYCLED.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 7:00 PM
Actually, the exact same thing happened just two days later with her brother's baby... maybe she is subconsciously a midwife...?

My sims take the bike to the hospital all the time, as long as they have one. Probably making sure they don't stain the car...?

Oh and the first baby is a teen now (gen. 3 of my legacy) and just started dating one of the Bayless girls.... umm... whatever he likes, i guess. She's his cousin, too.
Inventor
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WaterWolf
I never got that. My lady Gaga sim was pregnant, and while all the townies were gorming out she cycled to the hosptial to give birth.

Essentially, her waters broke outside a shop and she cycled to the hospital, CYCLED.

Well, for a natural birth, movement and mild exercise such as walking around the block (or in sim's case, non-impact cyclying) can help progress labor.
Inventor
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by novaminsulfon
Actually, the exact same thing happened just two days later with her brother's baby... maybe she is subconsciously a midwife...?

Wouldn't that be a nice change for EA to have something non-mainstream in their game.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 5:23 AM

lady Gaga

I think I found your problem. She IS always looking for strange ways to get attention...
Inventor
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 5:59 AM
Morgona and Thorton Wolf were expectiing their first. Morgona has a Bwan and Thorton has a Kompensator. When Morgona needed to go to the hospital Thorton broguth the Kompensator out, Morgona got in the drivers side and Thorton went around to the passenger and you could see Morgona clutching the steering wheel in pain the whole way. The Vampire couple was about the same. They have high end cars, so that might make a difference. I kind of feel for the poor guy standing there outside.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 5:03 PM
I had a woman go into labor while hiking up a mountain. Her husband took her to a swimming hole down in the bottom of a canyon. He would run ahead and she would waddle far behind. Well, after a nice swim, they headed back up to the car and she went into labor halfway up. Hubby got to the top, got in the car, and went home. The poor woman had to climb up alone and call a taxi to take her to the hospital.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clockworkapple
I think I found your problem. She IS always looking for strange ways to get attention...

Hahaha so true XD

Her daughter had a child, it has the same hair as her as a toddler. WTF. (they're autonomously controlled now, i moved out.)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rcranger9
usually the pregnant sim's (ex)partner stops whatever he is doing and goes to the hospital with her. and your sims isn't supposed to get the new baby moodlet when she isn't immediate family.

My playable sim was busking for tips outside the theatre, when a random townie went into labour. As all the other townies were freaking out without doing anything useful, after a sim hour I gave up and had my playable sim take the complete stranger to hospital. After that he had the +80 moodlet, and a reasonable relationship boost with the woman!

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional