Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#251 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
I really would like to know if this mod would also help to prevent lag with the Create A Pattern tool.

My game plays beautifully in live mode but I have had this issue when building a few times also. It can really get stuck for a bit.
Advertisement
Scholar
#252 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 10:47 PM Last edited by Elynda : 6th Sep 2019 at 3:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am someone whose game plays beautifully already with all except K Perry. I do use overwatch and error trap. So I do know the game can play well for some. But even though I do not need this mod I think it is great that it is being done for those it can help.

Oh, I'm so glad you said that, it's great comfort to me since I've got exactly the same set up - everything but Katy Perry. Although my game performs better now than it has in the past, all this talk of the game performing badly with all EPs makes me regret installing some of them. But what can I do? I've now got saves that are important for my sims stories that depend upon those EPs, and many lots that were especially created for those stories that would get messed up if I uninstall them. So I'm stuck with this set up for the foreseeable future. So if Simmythesim's mod improves game performance even a little I will welcome it, as I have so many others that have helped increase my enjoyment of this game.

So hang in there, Simmy

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#253 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 5:03 PM
Another observation, having used the overhaul for a while now, is that thumbnails always seem to come pre-loaded. When using the Change Outfit menu on Sims that have a lot of outfits, previously I might've had to wait several minutes for all the outfit thumbnails to be generated. Now I open the menu and they're all there from the start. Aside from that, outfits also load quicker on Sims and Sims will move on to the next interactions in their queue much sooner. It's made my game more playable in a dozen small ways and a few major ones.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#254 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Another observation, having used the overhaul for a while now, is that thumbnails always seem to come pre-loaded. When using the Change Outfit menu on Sims that have a lot of outfits, previously I might've had to wait several minutes for all the outfit thumbnails to be generated. Now I open the menu and they're all there from the start. Aside from that, outfits also load quicker on Sims and Sims will move on to the next interactions in their queue much sooner. It's made my game more playable in a dozen small ways and a few major ones.

Sounds great! I really want to try this overhaul out. Do you know if Simmythesim is still working on it, or if he'll be back?
Mad Poster
#255 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 12:54 AM
I know Simmy's alive and quite eager to talk to me on Discord at 4AM. He's also trying to port TS4 to the Nintendo DS (not even joking). The rest is all mystery to me.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#256 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 3:56 PM
I know Simmy's alive and quite eager to talk to me on Discord at 4AM. He's also trying to port TS4 to the Nintendo DS (not even joking). The rest is all mystery to me.

lol, cool
Theorist
#257 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 8:00 PM

Hmm, so maybe he will return soon.... Hopefully he's not doing the Ts4 thing at the same time lol

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#258 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Hmm, so maybe he will return soon.... Hopefully he's not doing the Ts4 thing at the same time lol

If he ever returns, I would be more than happy to run tests and report back.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Inventor
#259 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 2:46 PM Last edited by Naus Allien : 18th Sep 2019 at 5:07 PM.

I hope he's ready for a cease and desist letter from EA. There's no way they'll allow it.
Test Subject
#260 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 11:22 AM
OK so this thread was started in may... let's sum this up > this tool exists and even if it's alpha/beta/whatever stage it indeed works and helps the gameplay to be less painful. This tool was sent to the guy who called BS on it but no one else has access to it. So how about sharing it with us mortals after all these months?
Mad Poster
#261 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 7:02 PM
Correction: the tool was sent to me, who has repeatedly vouched for its effectiveness. I'd share it were it not for the fact that it's been out for several months.

insert signature here
Alchemist
#262 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 7:48 PM
Correction: the tool was sent to me, who has repeatedly vouched for its effectiveness. I'd share it were it not for the fact that it's been out for several months.

What tool? Where can I find it?

what does his name even mean?
Mad Poster
#263 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 7:52 PM
TurboTravel, the tool that improves simulation performance. I didn't bother to ask where it's available, in fact, I only found out recently it is, but he has a Patreon so I have my theories about where you can get it. There was an idea where I'd do a video on it and introduce it to everyone, but I'll have to finish the video and set a date for it.

Either way, it comes with a bit of a manual and some stipulations. There's also a few things it explictly doesn't do. Hence me laying it out in a video format. Obviously it's too good not to share, but it seems we're both too lazy to do it in this decade.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#264 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 7:58 PM
That's actually not true, I've brought this up with him but it works perfectly fine with any version of the game. I think it just comes with a few extra steps if you don't have a Steam version. Like I said, there's a manual. It's still "click this, run that" but it involves a bit of copying and pasting.

insert signature here
Alchemist
#265 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 8:13 PM
Thank you. Excuse my rudeness, there are reasons but none of them justifiable

Test Subject
#266 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 9:00 PM
Hmmmm.....You say it's been out for a while. So I looked at the Patreon and the creator hasn't publicly released it that I see. And Yes, I signed up for the Patreon so I could see locked post. It's not available on the Discord server either. Do I have to message this person or what? Just curious because it sounds to good to be true.

Honey...The cat is in the tree again!
Mad Poster
#267 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 9:31 PM
He says it's on the Patreon, and laughed at me when I asked 2 months ago. I'll send him a message or something because it's not supposed to be a big secret or anything. Might have to push that video through so people can have some idea of what it is and how it works. And then put, you know, a big beautiful download link at the end.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#268 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 9:49 PM
He says it's on the Patreon, and laughed at me when I asked 2 months ago. I'll send him a message or something because it's not supposed to be a big secret or anything. Might have to push that video through so people can have some idea of what it is and how it works. And then put, you know, a big beautiful download link at the end.

I went back and searched the post another way and I finally found it. Patreon doesn't make it easy looking for stuff. Pancake should make a pinned post with all the current mods and their links. Anyways, I got it and I'm going to test it out this weekend. Wish me luck.

Honey...The cat is in the tree again!
Mad Poster
#269 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 10:08 PM
Luck wished.

insert signature here
Alchemist
#270 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 10:19 PM
It didnt work for me, I never got that important file, just a bunch of FullBuilds

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#271 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 10:25 PM Last edited by simmythesim : 7th Nov 2019 at 10:37 PM.
Hey! This is a thing that definitely exists lol.

I got so burned out from this mod that I sometimes regret starting it. That's why it's gone silent for a long time. I'm sorry that I didn't return here sooner.

I found the files for you.

Documentation

SimFileShare Link

Anyway, it's time for me to spill the beans. What this tool does is to decompress every single resource in the game. It does reduce CPU usage, at the expense of requiring a fast SSD.

Warning though, the Game File Copier and ConvertedCopier programs only works with the Steam version of the game. For every other platform/version, you'll have to copy each FullBuild and DeltaBuild to the Converted folder, then after they're decomperessed, copy them back in to their original file locations.

What depressed me so much is that after several months of effort, it only affected TS3 Live Mode and BB specifically. TS3 CAS and World Loading wasn't affected much, as most of their CPU time appears to be spent calculating stuff, not waiting for things to come off the disk.
Alchemist
#272 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Warning though, the Game File Copier program only works with the Steam version of the game. For every other platform/version, you'll have to copy each FullBuild and DeltaBuild to the Converted folder, then after they're decomperessed, copy them back in to their original file locations.

So as a non-Steam user, I take my regular FullBuilds and DeltaBuilds, convert them and put them back in their original place?

Or do I use the FullBuilds and DeltaBuilds generated by the Game File Copier?

Would be very grateful if you could sort this out

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#273 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
So as a non-Steam user, I take my regular FullBuilds and DeltaBuilds, convert them and put them back in their original place?

Or do I use the FullBuilds and DeltaBuilds generated by the Game File Copier?

Would be very grateful if you could sort this out

The Converter doesn't actually overwrite the old files. It creates new -converted.package files which are the files you then return to where the original file belonged.
Forum Resident
#274 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 11:24 PM
What depressed me so much is that after several months of effort, it only affected TS3 Live Mode and BB specifically. TS3 CAS and World Loading wasn't affected much, as most of their CPU time appears to be spent calculating stuff, not waiting for things to come off the disk.

Simmy, speaking as someone who deals with depression myself, don't beat yourself up. I can assure you the disappointment is never worth the frustration that comes with it. You work hard on your creations, that much is obvious, and any problems that arise don't reflect on your skills, that's just part of the creative process.

From personal experience, trust me on this. Some things are better to just let go and come back to later. You'll feel so much better and have a much better outlook. You've got this.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#275 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 12:45 AM
The Converter doesn't actually overwrite the old files. It creates new -converted.package files which are the files you then return to where the original file belonged.

Do you remove the "-converted" when returning them?
Page 11 of 14