Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Individual Aging ON/OFF << UPDATED 10/24/2006 <<

by monique Posted 26th May 2006 at 2:07 PM - Updated 24th Oct 2006 at 7:12 AM by monique

223 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 215 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9
Test Subject
#26 Old 27th May 2006 at 2:05 AM
wow this hack can control other sims in the neighborhood? that makes sense..because if two sim friends, kids or teens should grow up about the same time or so...
Test Subject
#27 Old 27th May 2006 at 2:13 AM
thanks for this.
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th May 2006 at 2:22 AM
Awesome! thank you sooo much. I requested this awhile back and am very excited to try. You are amazing. thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 27th May 2006 at 2:28 AM
Very cool! Thanks Monique!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th May 2006 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by theundertakeress
Forgive my ignorance, but can you use this hack if you don't have Open for Business? I see the normal Sims 2 icon, but then it says "In Testing - EP3 - Open for Business".

I mentioned servo (OFB), vampire(NL), zombie(UNI) and young adult(UNI) here but there is a fallback routine like "Is sim a servo" then return false, you're free to try it then let me know if it's working in other EPs without OFB because my age controller is taken from OFB.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 27th May 2006 at 3:42 AM
Monique, You have created the most wonderful hack to have. I always want my toddlers to stay toddlers for some time, but then I am alway in a hurry to get the teens off to college. Now I can have my wish!!!!
Thank you for all you majestic and wonderful creations.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 27th May 2006 at 3:50 AM
I tried it, and it doesn't show up in the pie menu. I have Uni and Nightlife. It's a pity as this hack idea is superb!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 27th May 2006 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by theundertakeress
I tried it, and it doesn't show up in the pie menu. I have Uni and Nightlife. It's a pity as this hack idea is superb!

Is this in residential or college lot? Pie menus will not appear if you're in college lot because there is no aging there. Anyway in consolation I will upload an NL version for you later. Thanks for testing it.

Lab Assistant
#34 Old 27th May 2006 at 4:25 AM
I'll download this in a minute.......but I had a question.........does this mean I could have Jenny Sim and John Sim have 10 kids and not age to elder that fast? I always turn aging off because I don't want my parent sims to age and not be able to fulfill the 10 children want (which is IMPOSSIBLE unless you start with 4 teenagers. :p) So, basically my question is, can I age the kids and not the parents, move the children out and still have the parents be fertile and having more kids?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 27th May 2006 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jedilizthesim
I'll download this in a minute.......but I had a question.........does this mean I could have Jenny Sim and John Sim have 10 kids and not age to elder that fast? I always turn aging off because I don't want my parent sims to age and not be able to fulfill the 10 children want (which is IMPOSSIBLE unless you start with 4 teenagers. :p) So, basically my question is, can I age the kids and not the parents, move the children out and still have the parents be fertile and having more kids?

Yes that is what this hack is all about.

Test Subject
#36 Old 27th May 2006 at 5:13 AM
nice now i can make kids grow old but keep the parents young
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 27th May 2006 at 5:21 AM
I tried this in the normal residential lot. Thank you though for offering to do a NL version. I'll keep checking back !
Test Subject
#38 Old 27th May 2006 at 5:27 AM
you can make peter pan! thanks.
Instructor
#39 Old 27th May 2006 at 7:18 AM
Now if only we had a hack or way of shortening/lengthening all the age stages for the entire game...

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 27th May 2006 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by punkrockgoth1988
Now if only we had a hack or way of shortening/lengthening all the age stages for the entire game...

A great creator named Inge already made one. You can find it at this site:

http://www.nectere.net/smf/index.php

You need to page down to where you see the "Simological" downloads. Then you have to choose Sims2 (obviously) then "Patches". It's there. I used to have it when you could still get it from the "Simological" site (which has been closed) and I didn't have to use SimPE, it just changed the length of time automatically for each age group. But re-reading it, it sounds like Inge instead created a tutorial or something telling how to do it yourself. I'm not really sure though, it may automatically change the age groups but also come with instructions telling you how to use SimPE to change the age groups yourself incase you don't like her settings.

Anyway, hope this may help you.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#41 Old 27th May 2006 at 8:42 AM
I recently made a global hack that turns aging off for the entire game, and I just use my hacked birthday cake or the Maxis ageing up/down cheat when I want one particular sim to age. With the original aging off cheat you couldn't birthday at all until so you had to keep turning it on and off. Anyway I made it after closing simlogical but Bluesoup put it on Laden Swallow anyway. Just thought I'd mention it to complete all the info contained here about ways to adjust ageing :D
Forum Resident
#42 Old 27th May 2006 at 9:59 AM
Absolutely brilliant. I was hoping someone would make this. Thanks alot for this brilliant hack!!!
Scholar
#43 Old 27th May 2006 at 10:11 AM
Great idea
thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 27th May 2006 at 10:37 AM
alright! no more aging cheat! great job :D

This message is sponsored by DIET COKE. Drink up!!!
Air Guitar: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97977

If you like my creation(s) please use the thanks button and if you want to post a comment!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 27th May 2006 at 1:21 PM
sweet!! Loves it *hugs* TY Monique

Treat me like an angel and I'll be your lil' devil
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 27th May 2006 at 1:47 PM
I don't want my adult elf/dark elf sims to age or age slowly, but I want everyone else to age. I have always managed to get by with the "green liquid", but this is still a very good idea.
Alchemist
#47 Old 27th May 2006 at 2:08 PM
Very good, brillant idea, thanks monique, go ahead (are you already busy in working on something else for us addicted downloaders?). ciao
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 27th May 2006 at 4:19 PM
o.o Awesome. I've been waiting for this. Thanks!

Stability :: Sanity :: Reality
These are subjective and nonessential.
Test Subject
#49 Old 27th May 2006 at 5:23 PM
I've been wanting something like this. Great work!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 27th May 2006 at 5:58 PM
Just thought you would like to know that this comes up when the Hack Compatibility check is run.

Report Start 5/26/2006 11:06:47 PM

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
Procedure Name: Process
Group ID: 0x7F07FBBC
Instance ID: 0x00001003
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Hacks\InTeenimater\InTeenimater_B.package
\downloads\Hacks\Monique\MQ_Individual_Aging_Controller.package

I would really love to have this hack but I will wait and see if it can still be run with InTeen.
Page 2 of 9