Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers needed for a twins only hack

by LizzLove Posted 31st Oct 2004 at 4:56 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 7:55 PM by Christy1077

431 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 428 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 18
Banned
#26 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 2:34 AM
i tryed the one by merola and it still didnt work she had a single baby this time i tryed on a different sim in a different house
Banned
#27 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 3:08 AM
finally had twins but i think them following the food what shows up in the asperations bar has something to do with it cause that what i did and got twins
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 3:10 AM
Sorry this is not working is not working like I hoped. I have been digging in the bhav scripts to try and see what is going on.

Here is what I see so far...
I was modifiing a script that is called "Pregnacy - Have twins?"
In that script is a place where it checks a random value, if you get hit on the random it sets a flag and exits, if not it just exits.

But there are other scripts called "Pregnacy - Modify Twin % chance", and "Pregnancy - How many babies?". It looks like these are also changing the twins chance.

So I am going to be digging into these over the next day or so and see if I can get them to force twins always or never.

I will keep digging until I get this right.

"Specialization is for insects, a human being should be able to do anything!"
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 3:32 AM
I did six "fastforeward" birth with this thing-- setting the game to 3x speed, then taking the max all stats painting and clicking it every few seconds so that sims never need to do anything but goof around.

I'd not gotten any twin births with the first patch on new pregnancies or old.

I did have a pregnancy related crash where thebaby didn't get a name, wouldn't let me touch it, or exit the house. I had to restore the n'hood.

The second patch worked. But only with new births. I'll have to do more testing though because I'd only made one birth after installing the second patch.

Does this work on male sims as well? Or only the gals? More testing, I guess.

Poor Ophie van der Molen's got three kids to raise now and her brother's been fooling around with her husband. I think I'll have to help her out a bit--fidget with his preference meter or someting. :@

--
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 4:24 AM
[color=violet][/color] Hello im new to this board and i found modthesims2 by going to the sims resource, I seen a post about twin hack so it had a link and here i am lol. I read all the post and i downloaded both versions of the twin hack and decided to do my own little test.. Befor the twin hack i had 3 sets of twins in my game and today i created 2 family's i noticed my sim got pregnant on the first try and after the 3 days or her pregnancy the box came up you have two new family members on the way, She had 2 boys so i saved it and went to my other family and tried for a baby with my other family and waited when she was ready to deliver the box came up twins again she had 2 boys so i saved before she went into labor went back to the house she gave birth to a boy and a girl this time.. I then went to sim on my lot which is a maxis created sim i had her and hubby try for a baby and she had 2 boys wow twins like crazy !amazed I did one more test with a male sim who was abducted so he was already pregnant he had a baby girl so i think it only works when you try for a baby.. I just wanted to say thanks for the twin hack i know i have it on my computer but i still seem to be in shock when my sims have twins...

PinkStar26
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clairebear
i tryed the one by merola and it still didnt work she had a single baby this time i tryed on a different sim in a different house

I'm wondering if maybe you tried to add the file while the game was still running? That's kind of a common mistake people make. You have to exit the game before you add any files.

Also make sure that:

a) you put the file into the right folder (My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads)

b) you do not have the file in its own folder. You cannot have any folders in the Downloads folder. If you use WinZIP sometimes it creates folders, and then your file won't work.

Just some suggestions. It seems to be working for at least some people, so you might want to check these things just to make sure some small mistake wasn't made.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 5:14 AM
I tried the hack, unfortunately it didn't work for me. It was a conception after I put the file in my downloads folder ( without the game running ). She just had a single baby girl. I'm sure you'll get it working right, no worries! I'm going to try the modified version done by Merola and see if it works.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 7:13 AM
Hi all,

I think its wonderful that we have so many talented people who are willing to share their great hacks with us all. I had no luck with the original twin hack but I did with the edited one. I found for me in my game though, I only had twin luck with simmies I created AFTER the hack was in place. When I tried with simmies already in existance before the hack, I had no luck. I tried with 16 (8 couples) newly created simmies, and they ALL gave me twins. I just thought this might be of some use somewhere.

icftldu
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 7:30 AM
I just wanted to report that I also had success with Merolas hack. It worked both times I tried it, boy, girl, then boy, boy.

Thank you so much for this, my poor sim mothers-to-be had to be sick and tired of eating cookies all day long, which never produced any twins for them.

It did not work on a sim that was already pregnant, she had a baby boy, the 7th boy in that family. (She will keep trying til she gets her baby girl!)
Test Subject
#35 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 8:23 AM
i tried w/ one couple.. will try again tomorrow on another.. but it didnt work for me. These were sims i already had created in the game.. but got pregnant after the hack was installed.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#36 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 9:37 AM
Lol Shel - I had to read that twice, I thought you said you got pregnant after the hack was installed. I thought this hack could put fertility clinics out of business :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#37 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 10:46 AM
Well I tested Merola's edited version and it worked! I had Brandi Broke and her hubby try for a baby once I replaced the patch and sure enough, 2 baby girls. My first set of sim twins. I'm very excited hehe. And obviously Brandi was already in the game, I didn't create her afterward. So this patch can work with already in game characters. Of course, there is always the chance it's a fluke. I will test with her again (she wants 10 babies after all hehe) and see what happens. I probably won't be able to give results until this afternoon ( about 3 am here yikes!) But thanks to Merola's painting she'll survive this whole ordeal. Thank you Lizzlove for the original patch, and Merola for editing it. You guys are great
Test Subject
#38 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 12:30 PM
Dear marola,
your GREAT

Totally tested:
1. Lizz's Hack (thanks for your work!)
Already pregeranced Woman > one child
Already existing Family - new pregarance > one child
new Family... 2 couples... new pregarances
A: one child
B: one child :?

2. Marola's Hack (thanky!)
Already pregeranced Woman > one child :@
Already existing Family - new pregarance > twins! !amazed
new Family... 2 couples... new pregarances
A: twins
B: twins

So thanks for the great work of you both 8)
Banned
#39 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 1:35 PM
just cause u got twins once doesnt mean it will happen again u gotta test test test and thats what i did and got one set of twins and rest was single so u cannot say it works if u get twins once
Test Subject
#40 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 2:53 PM
see ive tested with 3 couples... but now already 2 times more... twins again

works really great with me
Field Researcher
#41 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 3:14 PM
LizzLove's worked once, but not the second time. The first one, my sim already did "Try for a Baby", so technically she was already pregnant, but didn't actually show for another Sim day.. The second one was a grown adult sim, child of my mother sim of the first attempt. She did "Try for a Baby", but ended up with only one child.

Marola's Hack, I've only done one test with, but it worked!

I love having twins, to me personally, and I don't know why, they are easier to take care of than single babies. But thanks for both of your hard work, I love this hack, prolly my favorite so far besides the Painting...Kudos!! ^_^

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot 1927-1956 Christian martyr in Ecuador
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 3:46 PM
Merola's hack seems to have worked for me. I've absolutely NEVER had twins before, and when I tried the hack, my new pregnancy with Brandi Broke ended up giving the message that TWO babies were on the way, and she got twins! A boy and a girl.
Banned
#43 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 4:19 PM
so far am only getting singles maybe its because she doesnt eat and i fill all her needs with the painting
Field Researcher
#44 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 4:32 PM
Do you have it in the right folder? Did you add it to the folder when the game wasn't running? I used the painting for Brandi and she had twins so I doubt it's because she's not eating *shrug*
Banned
#45 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 4:37 PM
yeh its in the right folder i heard this many times and i added it before i ran the game
Banned
#46 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 4:38 PM
and in my game brandi broke had twins without the hack being put in the folder
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 7:07 PM
My sim has had 3 sets of twins in a row. I am using the painting so that she can keep up with them. I usually have a set of twins once in awhile, but 3 sets in a row from the same sim seems like more than a coincidence. The only problems I seem to be getting is the glowing babies after using the smart milk. I never had it before, but it may not be related since it is supposed to be an known bug. This is with Merola's version, the first one did not work for me. 10 single births in a row prior to adding Merola's hack.

"Just one more download. I promise!"
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clairebear
yeh its in the right folder i heard this many times and i added it before i ran the game

Hey claire, I just thought of something.

Did you delete the original file by LizzLove before you added the fixed file? If you have them both in your Downloads folder, one could be canceling the other out.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 8:18 PM
Okay I tested it with the Pleasant family and I'm happy to announce my second set of sim twins, a boy and a girl ( April and Shawn hehe ). This is awesome, I've never had twin babies in my game. So far so good. I'm next going to test it with a family I made, I will post the results later this afternoon. Boy this is fun,LOL. And here I thought I'd never get my sims to have twins!
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 8:27 PM
[blockquote]"Lol Shel - I had to read that twice, I thought you said you got pregnant after the hack was installed. I thought this hack could put fertility clinics out of business "[/blockquote]

lol i do this all the time over at n99..i shouldnt post after midnight.

Anyway.. i tried again this morning.. two pregnancies.. two sets of twins.. all sim parents existed before the hack installation.

Now i need to build bigger houses lol

edited to add this was using Merola's version

[ Edited Mon Nov 01 2004, 12:31PM ]
Page 2 of 18