Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rubiks Cube For Cats!! (Working)

by VampCat Posted 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:36 PM - Updated 19th Nov 2008 at 9:29 PM by Canoodle

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pfish
Maybe the cat is jumping up.

Yes, the cat is jumping, I wanted to get a good action shot, that seemed a good one to me.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 1:48 AM
How come I didn't think of this, it's so simple, yet so genious. You just made a square mesh and gave it a unsolved texture and a solved texture. When the object you clone it from would reak, it just loads the solved texture. Man, I wish I had though of this.
Thanks for the download.

Go here for my more gory objects:

MY GORY SIMS 2 OBJECTS

MTS2 HACKED!!! - 0wn3d
Test Subject
#53 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 4:45 PM
Hahahaha! This is the best thing EVER!

how to pine artistically? twenty-seven names for tears?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 3:34 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 4th Aug 2007 at 4:30 PM. Reason: Is a 'thanks' post.
Lol awesome

This graw is FRENSHAY!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 9:37 PM Last edited by VampCat : 8th Apr 2007 at 9:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mutants_r_us
How come I didn't think of this, it's so simple, yet so genious. You just made a square mesh and gave it a unsolved texture and a solved texture. When the object you clone it from would reak, it just loads the solved texture. Man, I wish I had though of this.
Thanks for the download.

Well spotted The only difference being it is 2 cube meshes sharing parts of 1 texture map, although it has 2 meshes, as they are only cubes, they have a combined triangle count of only 24. The only hurdle I had was that SimPE was still not working for all the pet objects at the time, so I had to dig out some of the file componants manually, and edit them to match the clone of the catnip toy.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 7:57 PM
cOULD YOU MAKE A q-EXPRESS LINK?

Tubbyplayer You can call me Tubs
Visit my site!
http://www.freewebs.com/gameloveh/
Mad Poster
#57 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 1:34 AM
We have Pets games loaded on two different computers. Usually, the rule is that downloads on one computer are not on the other one. This download is an exception ... it's fun to watch my kitties play with it, and often solve it! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 1:38 AM
AMAZING addon for me, who has a thing for Rubik's cubes (I have ten, I think). Now my simmified cats can have one.
:D
Test Subject
#59 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 10:14 AM
you should make this for sims and when it's done you should let it be a decoration... and like if you make it for peoples you should make it increase logic and the higher their logic the faster they complete it and if you wanna make it really realistic watch how to solve a rubik's cube online and make the animations the same as the steps to solving it.
Test Subject
#60 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 6:12 AM
Making one for simmies is sure a hard one (custom animation, i'm sure somebody working on it with that Wes-H thing). This one just a "Catnip Toy Mouse" with custom mesh/texture, which is a brilliant one. Great work!

\(^ . ^)/ "Horrei!!"
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 4:09 PM
lol I found this very funny and clever!
Forum Resident
#62 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 2:38 PM
What's gonna happen if the cat has completed it?

Very nice object though. Now we can have some nerdy cats around.
Test Subject
#63 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 4:10 AM
I have to download this just to see how the heck it works.
XD I love it, so downloading ^_^.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 1:37 AM
I would download it, (because I love it!) but I have Q-Xpress installer, and I can't get clean pack installer to work, and if it was a zip file maybe i could install it but It's rar so I don't think I can.. it looks amazing!

~MaY tHe FuNk bE WiTh YoU~
xOxXoXxOxXoXxOxXoXxOxXoX
~..:::..WALLY~ONE..:::..~

:duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck:
Test Subject
#65 Old 25th May 2008 at 11:57 AM
superb!

Svět chce dokonalé ženy, a ženy chtějí dokonalý svět
Field Researcher
#66 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 2:06 AM
Wow! I saw this on the main page and thought," what the heck" but hey it looks pretty funny, im gonna download it!
P.S thats a smart cat if it can figure those things out!

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 3:44 PM
You just rule man :D
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 12:23 AM
Wow this is cool! I am definitely downloading
Field Researcher
#69 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 1:44 PM
That reminds me...
*holding rubiks cube out in hand*Does this make you want to sh*t yourself?!This rubiks cube can solve itself,does that make you want to sh*t yourself?!

From a random video my friends have been joking about.

"What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay.
So long and goodnight,so long and goodnight."-Helena,My Chemical Romance
(( ))
// \\
Test Subject
#70 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 6:41 PM
This was always my favorite custom bit of pets magic. I always redownloaded it, no matter how many times I wiped my computers clean of The Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 31st May 2009 at 12:03 PM
Finally, a cat smarter and more intelligent than most people and Sims (except me, of course). But i CAN solve a Rubik's Cube!

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 2:53 PM
U are AMAZAZING!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 8:36 PM
This is a must-have, Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#74 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 3:57 PM
cutest. mod. ever!
Test Subject
#75 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 7:58 PM
I really want a cat pray for me lol