Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Only Horse Your Sims Will Ever Need

by Dragon Slave Posted 11th Nov 2007 at 7:56 PM - Updated 16th Mar 2009 at 7:18 PM by whiterider

414 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 365 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 17
Field Researcher
#51 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 3:38 AM
I'm astonished at how good these are. If EA hired you to make a Sims2 expansion pack targeted for horse-mad girls, they'd probably double their current sales. I would like to know how come it is the rule, not the exception, that self-taught people can hack and mod this game with content that consistently improves the product!

If they can animate cats and dogs and vehicles, it ought to be highly possible to animate a horse and have humans interact with it, and these are just about PERFECT for the purpose.

Don't hit me for this next query. One word: unicorn?
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#52 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 4:05 AM
Outstanding! Thanks so much for your hard work :D

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Instructor
#53 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 5:38 AM
So I'm not going to download just because I really don't have any *need* for horses in game, but this DEFINITELY amazing! They look like real horses, down to the tiniest detail! I'm in awe of you. Great job!
Test Subject
#54 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 7:53 AM
You are t3h awesome, must have been loads of work. They look awesome with all the colours and such ^^v
Instructor
#55 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 11:46 AM
I can't download...the file gets so far then seems to be done but when you try and open it the file is broken - everytime. This is my fifth attempt to download these!
They look lovely, are they really worth it or can someone pm me and email them to me in one big file (I do have Broadband)
Zen

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Instructor
#56 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 11:48 AM
Scratch that...started working now. I still can't get the one set though...BayColourPack.
Zen

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 2:09 PM Last edited by CynicalChick : 13th Nov 2007 at 3:18 PM.
This set is Absolutely Awesome!! Thank you for the hard work you put into it
Test Subject
#58 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 7:33 PM
V. good quality, thankyou so much for sharing this with us
Test Subject
#59 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 8:17 PM
awesome! now we need to find a way to make them useable in Pets as, well, pets!

i like cheesey oranges, dude
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. He's gonna dominate the world
(")_(")and you can't do nothin' 'bout it!!! *Hop Hop*
Test Subject
#60 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clareabell
roan pack has an error in winrar..

well i have WinRAR , you just have to mess around with it alittle bit and it will work
Test Subject
#61 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 9:05 PM
yea that would be an awsum idea, to make saddles that you cuould just move onto the current horse x)
Test Subject
#62 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 2:28 AM
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...page4in78items/

i was looking for that hose in one of your pictures and i found it...You know how you sais you dont like "pay for" stuff...i was just wondering
Field Researcher
#63 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 5:08 AM
I'm not a huge horse person but I gotta say...these look absolutely great. You should be very, VERY proud of your work.

❌✖️❌✖️❌ Boycott SPs for TS4. EA is squeezing pennies from us without giving us content with substance. Show them you expect more! ❌✖️❌✖️❌
Test Subject
#64 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 8:28 AM
I literally jumped up and down with join when I saw this
Thank you so much! :lovestruc

-Greetz-
Majin Tenshi ^_^

p.s. Will there perhaps be some draft horses too in the future?
Forum Resident
#65 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 9:00 AM
The painstaking time and work that must have gone into this is evident in the superb quality. You have done an amazing job with these horses, and thank you very much for them.

~ Syn

DO NOT RE-UPLOAD MY WORK TO THE EXCHANGE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Please be courteous.

Many of my latest uploads are located HERE. Go check it out for some much more improved work.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 4:09 PM
These are great. I like these horses, no I love them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#67 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sidney7
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...page4in78items/

i was looking for that hose in one of your pictures and i found it...You know how you sais you dont like "pay for" stuff...i was just wondering

What is to wonder? No, I'm not a hypocrite, if that's what you were trying to call me out on

I don't like pay sites, I never have. But I've paid for my share of content. That doesn't mean I'm all for the idea...in fact, I hate it.

That is why I'd never have a pay site of my own, or would I ever want to see my content posted on one. I like it when everyone can download... that's why I share it with the community in the first place.

But I have a whole rant against pay sites. I'm not going to get in to all the reasons I'm against them.

Just know it's the idea making people charge for your content that makes me sick. Auctually paying for it is something different...because sometimes, it's the only way you can get the items. If paysites didn't exist, then that problem wouldn't either, and no one would have to pay.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#68 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 8:56 AM
These are stunning - the meshes and textures are beautiful.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#69 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 9:24 AM
The horses are one of those things that I would not have been able to resist had I found them on a pay site. I am glad that I didn't. I download constantly from this site and I really appreciate creators like you, Dragon Slave, who give, rather than take, from the community. Thank you again.
Banned Asshat
#70 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 3:19 PM
Gorgeous!!!
Going to have a attempt at letting them move....
Want to create a sagittarius.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 6:46 PM
That is fantastic!
I too would like to second the draft or larger horse idea. I would love to see a Friesian or Gypsy Vanner (my two favorite breeds).
I personally love horses, and this is just enough to make me download some! Real or not, these are gorgeous! Thank you!

...they call us walking corpses;
unholy living dead...

-------------

Leather, Spikes, Studs and Patches - Corinne's Creations
Test Subject
#72 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ohfetishano
That is fantastic!
I too would like to second the draft or larger horse idea. I would love to see a Friesian or Gypsy Vanner (my two favorite breeds).

You have great taste in horse breeds
It would indeed be nice to see the heavier breeds in my sims stables too,
but for now I'm very thankfull for these slender beauties.

-Greetz-
Majin Tenshi ^_^
Test Subject
#73 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clareabell
roan pack has an error in winrar..

delete it and try downloading it again it happens to me sometimes too
Test Subject
#74 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 12:48 AM
oh i just love these horse's I love the Palominos iI have two Palominos and yours look so relistic. I just love them. Thank you so much I am looking forward to the foals and tack. Thank you agian
Test Subject
#75 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 2:38 AM
:O Thankyou so much!
I've been waiting for this! I really think they should make a Sims 2 Farmlife. Maybe in Sims 3! I read that its being worked on already! (Wikipedia)!
PHEWW! I can't wait to see your improved ones, maybe some with different Gaits? That would be awesome!

It would be awesome if someone could make a lunging arena and AHHH! I LOVE IT!!!!
Hhaha, i'm so siked! Looking forward to seeing your tack aswell :D
Page 3 of 17