Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v.8

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:27 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
333 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 329 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 14
Instructor
#76 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tabbylou
Also, Numenor, I just had a request to recolor that Goth Dining Chair - from Teen Style Stuss Pack - Seat of High Back Terror again.

Did you have a chance, LOL, to see if you could pull out the frame texture to be recolored? At the present, there is no texture for the chair frame, only the fabric.

Thanks in advance...

i tryed to do it since i thought it be cool to pick the frame an the fabric but i couldn't get it to work

so hopefully Numenor did it

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Instructor
#77 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 6:14 PM
Numenor, I just wanted to say many, many, thanks for the priceless, creative help, you give to all of us. I would not have has such a wonderful Sim's experience without you, and MTS2. In other words, this game series would have been shelved, if not for your talent! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 6:46 PM
Does anyone know...

I cannot seem to do recolors or have them show up in the game or some kind of problem with the CEP-extras files.

Is the best solution, at this time, to delete that folder and just have the basic CEP for my game. Since no one is responding to the problems, I am assuming (bad thing, I know) that it is being worked on.

Or, should I uninstall ver 8 and go back to ver 7 to eliminate the conflicts?

Or, have I done something wrong?

Looking forward to a response from someone who knows!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#79 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 10:07 PM
whenever I try to buy the latest phone, at least since k&b, it disappears as soon as I go to live mode. I finally fixed it by uninstalling cep, then reinstalling it but leaving the CEP extras phone option unchecked.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
whenever I try to buy the latest phone, at least since k&b, it disappears as soon as I go to live mode. I finally fixed it by uninstalling cep, then reinstalling it but leaving the CEP extras phone option unchecked.

Yeah thats been said on this board a couple times you just needed to read back
Test Subject
#81 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 6:35 PM
After downloading CEP 8.0 I noticed a glitch in my game with the phone Talk time phonality w/ mounting bracket. You can buy it put it on the wall but when you go back to live mode it disappears. It wasn't untill I deleted your phone file in the CEP that my game lost it's glitch.I left all the other files alone, did not delete them only the phone file.But I can now buy these phones and have them on the wall without them disappearing in live mode. Thought you should know.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rodeck
After downloading CEP 8.0 I noticed a glitch in my game with the phone Talk time phonality w/ mounting bracket. You can buy it put it on the wall but when you go back to live mode it disappears. It wasn't untill I deleted your phone file in the CEP that my game lost it's glitch.I left all the other files alone, did not delete them only the phone file.But I can now buy these phones and have them on the wall without them disappearing in live mode. Thought you should know.

Again if you had read back a few pages you would see that its a common problem right now and deleting the phone "extra" is the way to solve it.
Mad Poster
#83 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 9:03 PM
What do we do with the old 'fix' files?
Hi Numenor,

Thank you for this update w/EXTRAs! Yay! I'm all about consolidation these days.

I have a question (probably a really dumb question - as my brain is mush right now...) Anyway, should we remove the previous fixes for the EXTRA items? Like:
Numenor(Maxis)_BunnyBear_recolourable
Numenor(Maxis)_TeddyBear_wornable

And, if so, could you please provide a list of these previously released fixes' file names? I thought I had DLed a fix for that Chess Board, but I can't find it anywhere...

Thanks - sorry I'm so dense right now

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#84 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
Again if you had read back a few pages you would see that its a common problem right now and deleting the phone "extra" is the way to solve it.

Thank you very much, i have the same problem
Mad Poster
#85 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 4:34 PM
Okay... is my question (above) really too dumb to answer? It does seem logical to remove the older files, but I just wanted some confirmation. Please, somebody..., please tell me what to delete (including file names if possible.)
Thanks,

and Vintage Stuffeths
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#86 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 11:25 PM
Yes, remove all of the older files pertaining to the objects included in this CEP. The wornable bear should be removed as it is included in the CEP (wornable feature for the existing bear), but the Bunny you can keep unless you have the Christmas pack (or the 'Holiday Edition' of the Sims 2), as it was included in that. Read the CEP documentation carefully; Numenor includes a very readable text document with images to show what is included, so that you can delete any outdated files. Several of Numenor's older fixes are now included in the CEP- the documentation lists them.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 8:21 AM
Numenor there is a Problem with the Poollights and CEP. Today i tried to enter a lot with a Pool but the game crashed to desktop. I blamed different things tried to remove them but nothing worked. I moved the Sim out to sell everything, the Lot crashed. I removed CEP Lot loaded fine. The last remaining things where the Poolladders the Divingboard and the Poollights. I sold them and saved the Lot, exited the Game and put CEP back in my downloads folder. Now i could enter the lot without a crash. Now i placed Poolladders and a Divingboard everything was fine, but now i tried to buy a Poollight and the Game crashed.

Edit: I think i found what causes this. There exist two GMND for the Poollight in CEP.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yes, remove all of the older files pertaining to the objects included in this CEP. The wornable bear should be removed as it is included in the CEP (wornable feature for the existing bear), but the Bunny you can keep unless you have the Christmas pack (or the 'Holiday Edition' of the Sims 2), as it was included in that. Read the CEP documentation carefully; Numenor includes a very readable text document with images to show what is included, so that you can delete any outdated files. Several of Numenor's older fixes are now included in the CEP- the documentation lists them.

Could someone please tell me how to access the relevant CEP documentation for checking and deleting any outdated files? I have downloaded the new CEP package but can't find any listings of any sort. Sorry if it isn't obvious to me and thank you for any help given.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#89 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 2:35 PM
Havelock, did removing the duplicate from the package solve the problem?
UserLaura76, I'm not sure where the Installer puts the documentation, but if you download the manual install there is a folder called CEP_Documentation in there, with all the info you need.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 7:13 PM

Yes it solved the issue. It was not a prob for me after i found the cause of the crashes . The post was meant to tell Numenor there is something wrong with the lights.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 11:09 PM
UserLaura76, I'm not sure where the Installer puts the documentation, but if you download the manual install there is a folder called CEP_Documentation in there, with all the info you need.

Thank you, that is great.
Mad Poster
#92 Old 1st May 2008 at 1:11 AM
Thank you SimSample. I looked at the "Documentation" and I still wasn't SURE of the filenames. But, I think I've got it now. Oh, and, on the 8Gb issue - I'm back to 4 :-(
Oh well...

and Vintage Stuffeths
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#93 Old 1st May 2008 at 1:29 AM
Thanks Havelock- that's useful to know so that we can advise people who have this issue.
Catherine-
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 1st May 2008 at 2:44 AM
Is there something I can do, delete a file or something, to allow the recolors for the base game phone to show up again?
Test Subject
#95 Old 1st May 2008 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I have the freetime food processor bug too. It remained steel grey even though it said green was selected, but then when I tried to redesign it, it still said it was green still, but still showed the grey. But later, after a reboot, it worked?!

Just letting you know

I too have this bug. I tried one game with no Downloads folder at all, it's my No CC game and silver was the only color I could get on the "frugal fruit lover's friend" blender from K&B. I also tried it in a game with custom content, same thing, only silver. When I removed the newest CEP from both games the blender will display all colors, pink, green, blue and of course silver. With CEP loaded, only one color works, silver. I hope this info helps!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 1st May 2008 at 7:33 PM
I'm sorry for my prolonged absence. I got (temporarily) caught by The Sims Online but in a fewdays I promise I'll be back on the CEP and try fixing the problems. Thank you to everyone filed a bug report, I will check them all soon.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 2nd May 2008 at 12:59 AM
Is there anyway you can add a second recolorable subset to the FT cribs? I'd love to be able to mix & match the frams and bedding.

Thank for you awesome work!
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 2nd May 2008 at 8:29 PM
I have been having complaints re: my recolors of FreeTime TV & Stereo not showing up in their game. I do not know what to tell them.

Any ideas, any suggestions on what to let them know.

Thanks in advance, TabbyLou

p.s. I deleted the toilet stall from the CEP-Extra folder in order for them to show up in the game. Also, can't get chess table to show correctly. Deleted that one too!
Test Subject
#99 Old 3rd May 2008 at 4:10 AM
this doesn't work with the sims 2 kitchen and bath. it messes with the recolours of the kids toy oven. i hope this helps you out
Test Subject
#100 Old 3rd May 2008 at 9:03 PM
First off, thanks Numenor! This is such an amazing gift you give to the Sim community!

Second, I wanted to mention my humble experience with the phone issue. I've read through all the posts and see that the latest phone that came with Teen Style I think is disappearing from lots. I never use that phone so I can't comment on that. However, I am noticing this issue since installing CEP with the original phone and the second phone, black modern phone, that I think came with Seasons. The Maxis Original colors for those phones are now starred as "custom content" and the trash can comes up as well, so they are deletable. So for both of the first two phones there are no un-starred, un-deletable original Maxis colors there. For the second phone I have no recolors, so this is how I noticed it. For the first phone, I can't seem to even find the Original Maxis phone color amongst my re-colors.

That's all I got! Don't know if it was at all helpful, but I didn't see anyone else mention this version of the problem so I thought I'd share. Thanks again for all you do!!!
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 14