Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tester Wanted: ★ Meshes for Rugs & Mats ★

by Numenor Posted 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:42 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2005 at 3:33 PM by Numenor : Added link to "no-shadow" set.

233 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 226 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 10
Field Researcher
#126 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 5:12 AM
katgyrl, try the following. Make a backup copy of the following file, just in case:

"C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails\ObjectThumbnails.package"

Find the file with the same name (ObjectThumbnails.package) in "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Thumbnails" and copy it to "...The Sims 2\Thumbnails\", overwriting the one that already there. Next time you start the game, it will be forced to recreate thumbnail icons for all custom objects.

If that doesn't help, try the same with "DesignModeThumbnails.package" file.
Instructor
#127 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 9:47 AM Last edited by anonymous : 6th Mar 2005 at 9:50 AM. Reason: i cant type lol
i was having the same problem as kat but i guess somebody figured out how to fix that (i'm going to try to fix it later based on those instructions)...ok i guess i'm not up on my abbreviations...what is TSR? I wanna get raven's rugs when she's done making them :D

WickedNoukFamily -- free sims2 sites with hundreds of creations for you to fill your downloads folder with! Some sites offer sims3 content too! :D

Pay Stuff for Free -- Visit Me at My Website: Wicked Sims (sims2 & sims3)
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 12:22 PM
windkeeper, thanks that worked, yay !

can i just say again how much i love the rugs and once again thank everyone for their recolours. what a relief it is to have "real" rugs after suffering with carpet-coloured floor tiles, eek.
Field Researcher
#129 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 2:45 PM
You're welcome, katgyrl .

TSR stands for thesimsresource.com
Field Researcher
#130 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by windkeeper
katgyrl, try the following. Make a backup copy of the following file, just in case:

"C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails\ObjectThumbnails.package"

Find the file with the same name (ObjectThumbnails.package) in "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Thumbnails" and copy it to "...The Sims 2\Thumbnails\", overwriting the one that already there. Next time you start the game, it will be forced to recreate thumbnail icons for all custom objects.

If that doesn't help, try the same with "DesignModeThumbnails.package" file.

You know, I also find that if I just delete this folder:

"C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails"

The game replaces the whole folder at startup and solves the problem without copying and pasting.

Jade
Field Researcher
#131 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 8:49 PM
Small update in my post with no shadow rugs. The sides of the 2x1 rug were switched around, you could only notice that if your rug was multicolor. Fixed that and uploaded the file here again.
Test Subject
#132 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 7:08 PM Last edited by wave.tsunami : 13th Mar 2005 at 7:11 PM.
OK... so if I have this right, recolors go in the other thread, and remeshes go in this one.

I've made a 2x2 rug based on the meshes here. I made it for a bedroom set. The entire set will be available at TSR, but I'll post the rug here.

Attached files:
File Type: zip  waverly-indigosuede-alteredechorug.zip (37.5 KB, 198 downloads)
Field Researcher
#133 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 1:16 AM Last edited by windkeeper : 14th Mar 2005 at 1:22 AM.
I actually made 2x2 and 3x3 square rugs, along with some other shapes, and posted them in this new thread. They will also be available at TSR.

In any case, nice work, wave.tsunami! :D
Test Subject
#134 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 3:04 PM
I actually made 2x2 and 3x3 square rugs, along with some other shapes, and posted them in this new thread.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! *worships* Im lazy as all get out so this help keep me that way *grins*
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#135 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 3:31 PM
WinterLily: Pig shaped rug eh? If you're going to remesh, I'd suggest starting with the 3x4 mesh and just removing the tiles you don't need. The 3x4 mesh is the original, completely stand alone version of the rug. Some of the other rugs reference each others textures and fun things like that, which might be where you're having trouble.
Test Subject
#136 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 7:15 PM
More like a pig shaped pain in the as...well...you know Its for a farm themed nursery Im also doing a sheep, a tractor, a puppy and a whole bunch of other things if I could only get the oinker rug to pan out. I wonder if that is where my mistake is too. I actually did it on the 3x4 as a retuxture, adjusted the materials definition to "blend" then added the alpha, updated sizes, commit, save. Now shouldnt it show up under the rest of the sizes as well or am I mis-understanding how this works? I think I might be bass-akwards with my method. Now when you say remove the tiles I dont need do you mean just use the 3x4 and make the pig and alpha smaller? I thought about trying that next. Im just having alot of "almost there but somethings not right" issues..dontcha just hate that?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#137 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 1:55 AM
WinterLily: My misunderstanding, I thought you were re-meshing, not re-texturing. If you remesh, you sometimes need to remove extra tiles, but retexturing doesn't need it.

If you've made a recolour for the 3x4, the same recolour should show up in the 2x3 rug, and Numenor's 2x1 rug (but not the Bathroom 2x1 rug, that has its own textures. )

If you only want a 2x1 rug, then do a recolour of the bath mat. If you want all sizes, do a recolour of the 3x4. If you've tried that and it's not working, you can send it to me and I'll check it out.
Test Subject
#138 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 4:39 AM
Ok, I gotcha now. Thanks for the help! Im just having issues. OooOoo.. ok, so the bath mat for the 2x1. Ok..I actually started to try that earlier and thought "nah.. that wont work.." Duh@Me! I actually have piggy working now..I just need to shrink him. You have been so much help, I really appriciate it! And Ill share them all once they are done!
Test Subject
#139 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 5:35 AM
Ok Echo..Heres the little piggy rug Ive affectionately named "bacon bits"

I still need to go back and fix a few minor things, mainly sloppy graphics editing on my part, but I dont think he looks half bad. Thanks again for your help
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#140 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 7:32 AM
lol! He is very cute. Well done
Test Subject
#141 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 2:50 PM Last edited by WinterLily : 15th Mar 2005 at 2:54 PM. Reason: because
Thanks Echo. Couldnt have done it without your rugs! Heres the rest of the bacon bits
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#142 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 6:51 AM
Delightfully porcine.
#143 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 6:05 AM
I actually made 2x2 and 3x3 square rugs, along with some other shapes, and posted them in this new thread. They will also be available at TSR.

In any case, nice work, wave.tsunami! :D

:confused:
The link to the other shaped rugs brings up "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster". Is there anyway you can point me in the right direction? Would love to have them.
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SpunksPoison
:confused:
The link to the other shaped rugs brings up "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster". Is there anyway you can point me in the right direction? Would love to have them.

This thread is deleted by windkeeper, you get the bases for her rugs at TSR. :D
Field Researcher
#145 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 10:56 PM
Oh dear, thats such a shame - TSR doesn't allow file-sharing does it and aren't all the objects going into pay rotation soon?

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
Field Researcher
#146 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 7:22 AM
Great done and work......Thanks a lot
Field Researcher
#147 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 12:33 PM
Hey, love the rugs, I have a question...

I am trying to recolour the bathmat and toilet mat.
I am using the no shadow versions of ALL mats in original post....
that includes
echo-2x1-floorrug.package
echo-3x4-floorrug.package
echo-toilet-mat.package
EP2_echo_doormat_main.package
EP2_Numenor_Echo2x1BedsideMat_main.package
wind_echorug2x3.package

Now my understanding is that the 2x1 floorrug and the 2x3 floorrug are the same as the 3x4 floorrug?

Ive read all the posts and done everything I can, and still I cant get the bathmat to work.

Can you confirm which of the no shadow files can be recoloured and which of these is actually the bathmat since none are named bathmat (bedside instead), its so confusing since you placed the bathmat seperate from the toilet.

When I try to recolour EP2_Numenor_Echo2x1BedsideMat_main.package I get no options in the filetypes menu, yet Ive read this is the one I need to recolour....

Damn I wish you would have named the files a little easier, and im not even a recolour retard!!! Ah well, id really apreachiate if you could reply... anyone... with a little help.

Thanks in advance!

Nicola
x x x

ps. I have recoloured the toilet with no problems...
Field Researcher
#148 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 1:17 PM Last edited by Nicolafred : 3rd Apr 2005 at 1:23 PM.
OK, I think I figured it out.... its the echo 2x1 floorrug I need to edit. Stupid me...

1 more question....
Can I rename the base files when re-distrubuting recolours? Or will they need to stay the same name?
I was gonna include the base files in the recolour to save on your bandwidth...

Nicola
x x x
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#149 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 2:40 PM
Hi Nicola,

Indeed, the 2x1 floorrug is the one otherwise known as the bath mat.

The base files really should keep the same names, in case people download the same file from multiple sources. If the files have the same name, then one will just overwrite the other, but if they have multiple different names then there's the potential for trouble.

Also, make sure you let people know that you're including the "no-shadow" versions, because they will override the shadow versions if the person already has them.
Field Researcher
#150 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 3:03 PM Last edited by Nicolafred : 3rd Apr 2005 at 3:39 PM.
Thank you Echo, same file names it is... ill be updating my website within the hour! yay!

edit: thery're up! http://base30.co.uk/sims2

Nicola
x x x
Page 6 of 10