Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

ep ready: Castle rooftops and more (7pieces) Now recolourable

by Brasstex Posted 30th Mar 2005 at 9:45 PM - Updated 22nd Jun 2005 at 2:14 PM by Brasstex : added a snapshot of recolours

104 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Forum Resident
#51 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 1:41 AM Last edited by dewshine : 3rd Apr 2005 at 1:52 AM.
You are again very welcome. It happens that a family member has just passed away about 17 hours ago and it really helped me to have something to do while waiting by the phone while the doctors were trying to save his life. Now I will busy myself with recolors for all of your sets to go with the trashed set while my husband is out of state taking care of legal matters.
Thank you for letting me do this.

PS...By the way did you add your wall back to the rar? I forgot the otiginal wall sims2pac file. (I just put wall and floor packages into the rar that I made...Opps. I have a lot on my mind so if you didn't add that wall file people won't get it with the download. I'll add the file here.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Castle Wall.rar (60.7 KB, 130 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 3:40 AM
That's okay about the wall, they can get it from here. You have my sympathy on the loss of your family member.

Brasstex
Test Subject
#53 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 7:16 AM
Thankyou, my game has just got much better! I made my fisrt castle today because of your roofs, I am so excited! anyways, i have never atempted to make somthing myself, or re-color. I am verry artistic and want to give it a shot. How do you do it? thankyou.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 7:39 AM
You are just SO my modding hero!
thanks for another wonderful item
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 5:33 PM
Brasstex :

I have been awaiting roof objects like your's for sometine now, they are great, might I ask a small favor, could you make the two pointed roofs a little less pointed so they could be incorpirated into a Victorian styled house. maybe even add a roof that is 2panels in length on all 8 sides to more easily fit into a house plan. BTW I used parts of your Medieval Fair Set to create a birthday party setting :baloons: for one of my Victorian sims, it looked great.:clap:

Fido

LIfe is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Admin justanothersimssite.com
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 8:17 PM
These are fantastic! Downloading now!
Test Subject
#57 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 10:30 PM
you know the really tall pointy one? would it be possible to make the same kind but shorter?

thanks
#58 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 12:09 AM Last edited by Crazy as a Loon : 5th Apr 2005 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Oops, forgot to tell Brasstex how much I love his/her stuff!
Quote: Originally posted by bean93
zip file please

Seriously - you can run a pc, you can install a game + custom content but you can't unrar a file?

I've been on PCs and been playing games on them for over 20 years, but the oddest thing happens here at MTS2 with .rar files and me. I get "no referrer" error codes; therefore, I have to redirect all .rar downloads to IE (I use Firefox almost exclusively and don't have this problem downloading .rar files anywhere but here).

A good program to automatically uncompress (decompress?) files and put them where they belong is Sims File Maid 2. I download everything into a 'downloads' folder, then drag the whole folder to the lawn of the File Maid and it's all done for me. I don't have the URL of where to get the File Maid, but folks can do a search for it. So if the problem folks have is not knowing how to decompress .rar files, the File Maid takes care of it. If, on the other hand, they are having the same problem with .rar files as I am, I don't know what to suggest.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Brasstex, I love the stuff you make and the quality. My favorite would be the stone stairs but everything is top rate! Thank you for your work.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 2:23 AM
Just wanted to announce that there is now a thread for recolors in the correct forum for all of Brassex's roof pieces. I made these up with a metallic gold. Here is a link: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...9545#post349545
Field Researcher
#60 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 1:23 PM
Very Cool, thank you so much!!
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 9:27 AM
*drops jaw*

..downloads quickly - happy girl! THANK YOU!!!
#62 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 2:41 PM
oo kiva toi on hieno en tiiä puhuuko kukaan suomee mut sama se kiva se on joka tapauksessa lol
Test Subject
#63 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:37 PM
how do you get all 7 pieces to work i can only get two of them to work?
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 5:21 AM
dude, i love this stuff
Test Subject
#65 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 4:59 PM
Very awesome Work, but the link of the modular stone stairs dont work
Test Subject
#66 Old 7th May 2005 at 1:56 AM
How do you install rar files?
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th May 2005 at 3:45 PM
Yes, the link of the modular stone stairs dont work
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 11th May 2005 at 7:12 PM Last edited by gilliansl : 13th May 2005 at 8:00 AM. Reason: add comment
Default Instructions For Stairs!!!! Are Missing!!!!
Quote: Originally posted by Brasstex
Thanks once again to dewshine, all of these objects are recolourable! dewshine has made one recolour for each part, and they all look and work great! As always any further recolours may be posted in the beta recolour section here at MTS2.
Brasstex
If you want the modular stone stairs (make sure you follow the instructions for the stairs carefully) they're available here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=49528

The instructions for the stairs have disappeared. PLEASE repost them!!!!

Thank you.
Gillian

I have stairs 74, 75, 76, 78, 79, and 90 (which I THINK may be your's too)
I DID get te set-ups for all EXCEPT 74 and 90 from Cyclonesue who was a darling to send them to me!
Field Researcher
#69 Old 20th May 2005 at 7:07 AM
*dies* ...but first I have to download
#70 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brasstex
Make sure you leave room for a 2 story pipe organ.

Silkstockings & LadyFaenya: Thanks!

Hinting at something?

Your work is great! Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 2:36 PM
great. that´s what i´ve needed. thanks a lot.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 7:58 PM
Ok..I just downloaded these yesterday. I had been looking at them for awhile before I decided to do so...but I like them so much. Now I am having a problem. Only the tent awning (and the largest arabian dome) and the archways would show up. I had them in subfolders and took them out and they still won't show up. Is it my incompetence or is something conflicting? I have the roof recolors for the regular rooves installed in my game and that's the only "roof" type item I have downloaded. If someone could please shed some light on the information, I'd really appreciate. But I am going to keep messing around to try to figure out what it is. Thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#73 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiamndPrincz
Ok..I just downloaded these yesterday. I had been looking at them for awhile before I decided to do so...but I like them so much. Now I am having a problem. Only the tent awning (and the largest arabian dome) and the archways would show up. I had them in subfolders and took them out and they still won't show up. Is it my incompetence or is something conflicting? I have the roof recolors for the regular rooves installed in my game and that's the only "roof" type item I have downloaded. If someone could please shed some light on the information, I'd really appreciate. But I am going to keep messing around to try to figure out what it is. Thanks in advance.

Only the tent awning shos up in my game - nothing ellse? Where should I be looking? I saved all of the package files to my downloads folder.
Test Subject
#74 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 10:12 PM
I love all your work! It's amazing! I really wish I could get there amazing stone stairs weveryone keeps talking about, but the link is dead. Could you please, please, please upload them again! Your work is to good not to share with us unskilled players.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 6:19 PM
This is lovely. Thank you.
Page 3 of 5