Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

**UPDATED** 2-tile Wooden Ladder (stairs)

by Targa Posted 14th Oct 2005 at 7:04 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2005 at 4:44 AM by Targa : Updated to version 1 - fixed global stair animations

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 8:36 AM
This is so freaking great, attic's here I come!

Such smart people around here.....

:dmille:

If you like scary stuff and want a scary upgrade to your Sims 2 game, please visit This link.
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 6:08 PM
THANK YOUUUUUUUU!!! (bounces up and down; hugs Targa; bounces some more)
This will save me building stealth stairs every time I want to make a creepy garret or need to sleep a pair of kids in a dormer because I've run out of space. You have no idea how long I've spent struggling with stealth stairs! AAAGH! AAAAAAAGH!!! Not that I don't like stealth stairs and all but AAAAAAAAAGH! *pant pant pant* Okay. Okay. I'm calm now.

Thanks a lot, Targa!

Miao.
Test Subject
#78 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 12:39 AM
COOL!!!Love it!!! i'm sorry for that sad face i didn't mean it was bad.:> ^_^
Test Subject
#79 Old 5th May 2006 at 7:36 PM
Default Thanks for ladder
Hi Targa !
Thank you so much for your ladder - it's fantastic - I've been waiting so long to build a tree house...
THANK YOU !
Mad Poster
#80 Old 20th May 2006 at 3:55 AM
I have so many of your downloads ... they are out of the ordinary and a lot of fun! Thanks!
Test Subject
#81 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 11:10 PM Last edited by SimAholic36 : 9th Jun 2006 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Added info on EP
Default Aaaaaaaack!
Nice job on the mod, however I am unable to locate it in the game. Does one place the file in the downloads file, or does it belong elsewhere? I have all the EP's through OfB.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 5:19 AM
oooooooh, nice work. Really interesting!

If life seems to suck, do the right thing. Put it in a bin.
http://www.atfreeforum.com/waggles/ Visit my forum for chat, spam and fun! I am currently looking for moderators. PM me with your resume.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 6:56 AM
Ahhh this is GREAT!

I needed this.... you must read minds!

Klaatu barada nikto!!!!

Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend,
Just what you want to be
You will be in the end
Test Subject
#84 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 4:17 AM
Thanks so much for this!! This will give space back to so many of my tiny houses!

Fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get invloved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!" - He was quite cheery untill the iocane powder took effect...
Test Subject
#85 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 7:52 PM
Thank you for this, it should make for an awesome option in any smaller house. I can't wait to try them.
Forum Resident
#86 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 9:36 PM
Cheers 'Targa' at last, easy access to the loft! - thanks...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#87 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 10:51 PM
ummm... why can i not download this?! GAH!! *runs around frantically*
Test Subject
#88 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 10:59 AM
Cool ! Love it !
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 16th May 2007 at 11:52 PM
Gratz. First user I have "Thanked" through button...
Foolin around and found out how to -.-;

Tubbyplayer You can call me Tubs
Visit my site!
http://www.freewebs.com/gameloveh/
Instructor
#90 Old 18th May 2007 at 1:13 PM
Brilliant. Thanks! =]
Test Subject
#91 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 3:37 AM
Haha; great way to send those misbehaved sims to the attic XDD
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 2:55 AM
Cool,Thanks
Test Subject
#93 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 5:59 PM
Default ideal for country cottages
It´s really great job. I use it in my cottages and it looks and works perfectly!
Thanks a lot! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#94 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 9:33 AM
hmm how nice this will be for my project... Thank you!
Test Subject
#95 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 5:02 PM
cool the best thing i have had just now
Field Researcher
#96 Old 16th May 2008 at 4:51 PM
thanks, these are great! I needed more room in one of my favorite houses, so I added a third floor, but the only way I could place normal stairs without MAJOR remodeling, you could now only access the upstairs den through the bathroom (that REALLY bugged me) Now with your ladder you can once again access the den through the hallway!
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 12:13 AM
Excellent loft-ladder. If only it were possible to have a ladder that was pulled down from the ceiling instead of always being out, like a real loft ladder.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 11:10 PM Last edited by TigerSoundNet : 8th May 2009 at 3:22 AM.
Thank you, Targa, very much!
I did a test run in my 5-story castle, from a sub-basement dungeon to an open roof. And it was like I had a very special elevator, where a sim could literally rocket upwards or exit, whenever they wanted to!

(But, I need to ask.)
Has anyone thought about this fine idea for something like Brasstex's steps?
BTX Modular stairs
Heck, I'd be more then happy with just some simple "standard stone stairs", but speedy like Targa's ladder, for my castle.

I found a rather devious way to keep my stone-stairs and still have the sims use your special ladder. I have two fireplaces that run from the dungeon all the way up to the roof. So, I simply hid two sets of ladders behind the fireplaces, on both sides of the stone-stairs.

(Then I blocked-off all of the stone-stairs, with half-height stone-fences. And now, from the front of the castle, you can't even see them using the ladders to rocket between floors.)

... Jim ...
Test Subject
#99 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IridescentKerry
Great way to access the loft area of a house. Thanks a lot for this!

I'm making my own house and in fact my computer is in the loft, thats where I am, dads playroom! xbox, ps2
Test Subject
#100 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 6:55 PM
I love these stairs, especially for my tiny houses! ;P Thank you!
Page 4 of 5