Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Wiki Wizard
#51 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 9:52 PM
This was great, thanks:D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 4th May 2008 at 5:15 PM Last edited by gazania : 4th May 2008 at 10:05 PM.
I am obviously doing something wrong, and I have no idea what.

This tutorial, by the way, is nice and easy, and everything works great ... until I want to insert the wall for the garage door. For some reason, I keep getting a message about not being able to cover floor tiles, just like the message you get when you try leveling outside a foundation and you find out that you put floor tiles in the foundation area by mistake. I can put a wall OUTSIDE that row of squares I'm suppose to leave, but not by the foundation as in the tutorial pictures. Putting the wall outside leaves a gap, and I can't fill that in no matter what I do. In fact, I can't even put a wall next to the foundation as pictured in the earlier steps, but I can work around that easily. I just cannot connect the wall to the foundation.

I don't have any floor tiles in the foundation.

I tried putting the wall with the FloorElevation cheat on AND off.

I tried "move_objects on" (Hey, when you're been trying for an hour, you try almost anything!)

I made sure the ground inside the foundation was flat, thinking that the ground curving inside it might be causing the problem. I even tried widening the garage.

I make sure I always have the row of tiles left entirely in the front of the garage, and that I don't elevate them by mistake when I elevate the driveway.

I've tried Googling.

I make sure that the basement foundation above is level.

I'm stumped. This seems to be a relatively easy tutorial .... what stupid thing am I possibly doing wrong?

P.S. At any rate, thank you for providing premade garages. I downloaded the largest one, and am enjoying your effort even as I'm writing this. I gather that a few of us wound up clueless despite your patient efforts. Thank you again!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#53 Old 4th May 2008 at 10:07 PM
Default error message
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I am obviously doing something wrong, ... ... This seems to be a relatively easy tutorial .... what stupid thing am I possibly doing wrong?

Well, it has been a while now that I built a lot with an underground garage. I hope I remember well. It's indeed simple to do, so I think it's a problem of the correct height that causes the message concerning the floor tiles. You can check this with temporary stairs. I had that height problem sometimes, too.

hexameter
Test Subject
#54 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 6:56 PM
It's so simple that I feel like a complete dolt for not knowing it before. Thanks!
Test Subject
#55 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 3:30 AM
Thanks so much - step by step is always more effective and drumming things into my moron-like brain

Explain to me why people say, while watching a movie "Did you see that?" Nope....... I paid $15.00 to come to the theatre and stare at the ceiling. What did you come here for?
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 1:53 AM
I made a build this past week using one of your templates that I uploaded to the Sims2 Exchange, I gave you tks and credit for it with a link to this thread.

I was so glad to see the templates since I couldn't get the tute to download for some reason and even then if the tute is in .doc I can't open it to read it since I don't have Word (long story). So seriously... the templates were a God send.

I wanted to build an exterior replica, mainly the face of a residential design constructed by Jerry Veverka, called Modern Living Cube. That sim build was only possible thanks to you and since uploading it this morning it has nearly 150 downloads so far. I do hope people on the bbs and those downloading see my thread re: your templates or read my blog about them. These are really awesome!!! I owe you one.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#57 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tazzianna
... That sim build was only possible thanks to you ... These are really awesome!!! I owe you one.

You are welcome, it's great to read that these templates are used and somehow useful! Enjoy them.
hexameter
Field Researcher
#58 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 4:26 AM
THANK YOU!
More people should make tutorials like you. THIS was awesome. I'm gonna go build now!!!!
Test Subject
#59 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 11:04 PM
Okay, maybe I'm an idiot and I'm just missing something...and I see this thread hasn't had a reply in ages...but where IS the tutorial?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#60 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 1:53 AM
Post#1 on page 1. They are attachments that you have to download and unzip.
Site Helper
#61 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 3:58 PM
I can't see any attachments in post #1 on page 1.

Looks like they may have been removed.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#62 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 5:52 AM
If cannot see the screenshot below in here, post a pic of what you do see...

Do other threads with attachments appear fine?
Screenshots
Site Helper
#63 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 5:43 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 11th Jan 2010 at 4:22 PM.
I've never had any problems with attachments on this site. But, I can't see any attachments in post 1 on page 1.
Screenshots
In the Arena
retired moderator
#64 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 12:17 PM
Delphy has fixed whatever was wrong with it.
Are you all able to see the attachments now?

If you come across any other thread with similar issues, just use the report link to bring it to our attention.
Appreciate the heads up, thanks!
Site Helper
#65 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 4:08 PM
Yes, I can now see the attachments in the first post. However, now I can't see any of the posts on page 2 or 3. How very odd. If I use Thread Tools / Show Printable Version, I can see these pages, and your question.
Page 3 of 3