Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Part-time Hermit
#201 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cwin1024
in Simpe, what do all of the options under "clone" mean and how do you know what should be checked and what not, according to what object you are cloning?

See this article by Numenor .
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 8:56 AM
hi, im am following the milkshape tutorial, and when i click on the geomatric data container, it comes up with a little error box and says File or assembly name Microsoft.DirectX, or one of its dependincies, was not found. What have i done wrong and can someone help me??
Part-time Hermit
#203 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims_2_fanatic19
hi, im am following the milkshape tutorial, and when i click on the geomatric data container, it comes up with a little error box and says File or assembly name Microsoft.DirectX, or one of its dependincies, was not found. What have i done wrong and can someone help me??

You will have to install Managed DirectX 9c that there is a link to at the SimPE download page .
Test Subject
#204 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 10:10 AM
ive downloaded it and still when i click on it it comes up with that message
Part-time Hermit
#205 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 1:52 PM
Did you install it also? Just double-click on it to install.
Test Subject
#206 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 10:27 PM
i double click on it and it comes up saying "which program would you like to use to open this file".

Errrr... What to write here?!?!
Part-time Hermit
#207 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 10:32 PM
It's a file called mdxredist.msi, right? It's an installer package and double-clicking should start up an installation.
Test Subject
#208 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 10:53 PM
yer its called that but it doesnt work

Lab Assistant
#209 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 3:17 AM
thank you for all your help. However I still can't figure it out. I've been contemplating weather to ask you or not, Cuz I know you have more important things to do, but I decided it's really important to me, so here goes:

I decided to stick with non animated, simple objects at first until I have that down, and so I created another table. But when I get thru mapping it and everything, when I upload it back to simpe, and try to replace it, it says it has too many vertices. Why won't it let me make more complex objects?

Also, I followed the making windows tutorial, and when I tested it in the game, it showed the wall behind it flashing pink on one side and black on the other side, but the window looked great in the catalog
Screenshots
Part-time Hermit
#210 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cwin1024
I decided to stick with non animated, simple objects at first until I have that down, and so I created another table. But when I get thru mapping it and everything, when I upload it back to simpe, and try to replace it, it says it has too many vertices. Why won't it let me make more complex objects?

Also, I followed the making windows tutorial, and when I tested it in the game, it showed the wall behind it flashing pink on one side and black on the other side, but the window looked great in the catalog
SimPE will let you import objects with more vertices if you put it into Advanced Mode in the Preferences, but before you do that, you should consider if there were a way to make your mesh simpler instead. A very high number of polygons/vertices one objects may slow down people's games, and usually it's possible to lower it with using different tools provided with mesh programs or by redoing the mesh as a simpler version.

For the window problem, it's not really related to this tutorial but the window tutorial, so could you post your problem window package in the window tutorial thread and I could take a look? It looks like a problem with the wallmasks.
Test Subject
#211 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 8:28 AM
can someone help me?

Field Researcher
#212 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 9:36 AM
can we use this tutorial to make hair mesh to?
Part-time Hermit
#213 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by klaus baudelaire
can we use this tutorial to make hair mesh to?

No, hair meshing is completely different. Take a look into the Bodyshop meshing forum for information on that .
Test Subject
#214 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 10:48 AM
IgnorantBliss can you please help me?

Part-time Hermit
#215 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 1:48 PM
I'm sorry, but I have no idea why the installation doesn't work for you. On my computer, double-clicking that file installs it normally.
Test Subject
#216 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 7:48 AM
ok thankyou anyway

Test Subject
#217 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 11:42 PM
plz help, trouble downloading. when i try downloading any of the programs, it gets about 1/2 way done, then says the download is complete. but when i try to unpack it, it says the file is corrupt or missing. I even tried using q-installer but it wouldn't even start to download, it says it has a run time error. plz help.

Thank you
Part-time Hermit
#218 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 5:37 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 15th Apr 2006 at 5:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by birdman4657
plz help, trouble downloading. when i try downloading any of the programs, it gets about 1/2 way done, then says the download is complete. but when i try to unpack it, it says the file is corrupt or missing. I even tried using q-installer but it wouldn't even start to download, it says it has a run time error. plz help.

Thank you

Which version of the tutorials are you trying to download? I can email it to you later on if you give me your email address. (It might take a while because I will be away from computers for the most part of today and tomorrow, but I will do it eventually ).
Field Researcher
#219 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 9:15 AM
This tutorial has helped a lot. I wouldn't say I can make meshes yet, but after loads of practice at least I now know how to. Thanks so much.
Test Subject
#220 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 9:16 PM
Object Creation tutorial V.2.1 (Milkshape) (English) - UPD 22 feb 2006 > both parts 1&2
my e-mail is:
[email protected]
[email protected]
:moose: Thank you :moose:
Test Subject
#221 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 3:27 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 16th Apr 2006 at 5:47 PM. Reason: edited to combine posts
Can i use 3d editor 2s??

i will try wings 3d
Test Subject
#222 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 12:47 PM
I Can't Read The Blender Tutorial. What do I open it with??
Part-time Hermit
#223 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 12:50 PM
You need a PDF reader to view it. You can use Adobe Acrobat reader, or Foxit Software PDF reader, which is also free.
Test Subject
#224 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 12:51 PM
I've already tried Acrobat But It Says It's Either Corrupted Or The Wrong Type Of File
Test Subject
#225 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 1:10 PM
I've also just tried to open it in foxit and it can't open 'whateverthenameis.rar'
Page 9 of 58