Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#101 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 4:00 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 19th Jan 2013 at 5:35 AM.
I loved tied sweaters around the waist. It's very practical when it's hot, and you don't want to wear a sweater, or put it over your shoulder.

As fashion? God no...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#102 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
Tying sweaters around your waist? Thanks, EA, but that is one fashion trend I think we can all do without...

Oh dear. I was guilty of that as a kid in the '90s. I'm so, so sorry.

I am keen to have '70s leisure suits in the game, though, no matter how unfashionable they are. Mostly because then an accurate Leisure Suit Larry will finally be possible- I'll have to download Esmeralda's version and update the outfit using the new pack. :D
Scholar
#103 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
We'll probably get something resembling TS2's College station back in University Life, at least. And maybe Island Paradise could add in some of the other missing ones, since I can't think of an obvious musical genre to include with that. Apart from World, and we sort of got a TS3 equivalent of that with the three World Adventures stations.

Calypso? Reggae?
Alchemist
#104 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 3:24 PM
I hope they don't forget to add favorite music for each of the radio stations... It's a good thing they didn't forget it in Fast Lane Stuff!
Scholar
#105 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 12:19 PM Last edited by Periandre : 20th Jan 2013 at 3:31 PM.
70s-80s-90s blog from January 18th: http://www.thesims3.com/community/b...l?blogid=480119

Quote: Originally posted by SIMSVIP.COM
Summary of Twitter Take-over

♦ We have an arcade machine, a giant boom box stereo, this awesome 80′s style painting (kind of hard to explain…) and more!

♦ No shoes, but plenty of tops, bottoms, full body, hair, and even a new mustache!

♦ The Dance Floor cannot be CAS-styled, but it does change colors within the set pattern

♦ I really like the 70′s style stereo that has a record player in the top. It’s so different from anything we’ve done before.

♦ No accessories, sorry!

♦ We have a brand new 90′s themed “Rap music” station in The Sims 3 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff Pack

♦ How many objects? I just counted…36!

♦ Afros are very difficult for our artists to make. I’m sad we don’t have any in this SP too

♦ This SP will not, but we hope to include new blueprints in future SPs.

♦ No new accessories, sorry! We do have new make-up and a mustache though!

♦ Yes! There are three new radio stations – Disco, Rock, and Rap!

♦ We have a new arcade machine, a giant boom box stereo, an AWESOME new guitar, and more

♦ No tattoos in this Stuff Pack, but we have some in works for future EPs!

♦ Not weird at all! But no, no pet clothes are currently planned. They would be hard to make because the fur would poke through.

♦ I’m would love to make a Teen and Child SP someday, but there currently aren’t any plans for one…

♦ I love the 70s stereo with a record player on top! We also have an AWESOME new 80s guitar!

♦ No new moodlets, sorry!

♦ I love the new 70s stereo – it has a record player on top! There is also an awesome new guitar that’s really sweet looking!

♦ Yes! This SP features 3 new paintings! A 90s Freezer Bunny, a Movie poster (one design for each decade), and an 80s art piece!

♦ No new dances.

♦ There are 36 new Build/Buy objects (I’m counting all parts of the sectional seating…so I guess really there are 29 objects)

♦ No clutter I’m afraid. We do have some new plants though. I’m hoping for some clutter in the upcoming Movie-themed SP

♦ Why not Decades? Marketing magic! They were concerned people wouldn’t know “what decades” Decades was about.

Edited to add: How can you have the 70s without platform shoes? smh
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#106 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 4:47 PM
"Afros are very difficult for our artists to make"

Sorry, but that doesn't wash with me, EA. I'm sure it IS difficult, since hair in general is hard to make. But you already have a few hairstyles that are very very close, like that one from the circus set. We also have CC afros. If they can make it.....

other than that minor quibble, I'm actually looking forward to this stuff pack.
Mad Poster
#107 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 4:57 PM
"Afros are very difficult for our artists to make. I’m sad we don’t have any in this SP too"

Yeah sure they are, that's why there is already one included with showtime.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#108 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 5:18 PM
Afros are very difficult for our artists to make.

If that's the case, then maybe EA needs to hire better artists...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#109 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 5:28 PM
I love how 29 objects is a lot to them.

Don't get me wrong, I like what they've provided (especially the dance floor and wall panel, and the 70's stuff), but we all know grunge is lacking. What they've given us doesn't even come across as grunge or industrial, except for the chair, and maybe the plant. It looks like they put too much focus on one group, again, and left the other for the last minute. I could have done without the sectional sofa for some of those industrial loft windows like we had back in apartment life.

And speaking of sections, why can we get a normal looking one? Something like this is far better, and much more useful than the section they gave us. Even if EA poured the Sims 3 style over it, it'd still be better for the game.

Mad Poster
#110 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 6:06 PM
I see EA likes redundancy, even in their blogs. How many times you gonna say something about the arcade and stereo? Sigh.

Well, I agree that the '70s can't be fully represented without platform shoes, but what about the Rag City Blues zip Around Jeans ? I had several of those with different colors to match my high school colors. Very popular in my school.

Anyway, what a load of hogwash about the afros. Would have been better to say they didn't want to create one for the pack.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#111 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Well, I agree that the '70s can't be fully represented without platform shoes, but what about the Rag City Blues zip Around Jeans ? I had several of those with different colors to match my high school colors. Very popular in my school.

Just goes to show that different things are fads in different places. I'd never heard of or seen these until now, and we're the same age.

In my school, the big thing was Aigner purses. Or what about Laura Ashley granny/prairie dresses? Earth shoes? Wire-frame glasses? (I know we have the aviator sunglasses in the basegame, but in the 1970s, people wore those with clear glass or that indoor/outdoor changing glass.) Girls wore Danskins wrap skirts and spaghetti strap leotards to the disco, what about that? And people keep saying we get a leisure suit with this SP, but what we're getting is a 1970s three piece tailored suit, worn without a tie; a leisure suit is two pieces and very casual in appearance with a jacket constructed more like a work shirt than a suit jacket.

For the 1980s they couldn't give us those ridiculously over-sized oxford shirts?
Mad Poster
#112 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 10:49 PM
Sorry. Maybe it was a fad at my school or in my area. I grew up close to Chicago, although I was in Northwest Indiana, maybe the zip around jeans were popular there? I don't know, but it was the rage from the mid to late '70s. If you unzipped them all the way, you would have 2 separate pants legs and you can mix or match how you wanted. If you were close friends with someone and wore the same size, you could swap a pants leg with your friend. That was not happening with me, grossed me out.

I remember the clothes you described too Writerchick, but they didn't fly well at my school. *shrugs* Different cultures? Women had 3 piece suits too, I had several in pants and skirt sets. Interchanged between the pants/skirts sets.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#113 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 11:01 PM
All I know is that in the 80's, kids weren't cool unless they had a Member's Only jacket and those little clip things that attached to your shoelaces.
Mad Poster
#114 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 12:37 AM

Wow, those look uncomfortable.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#115 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 5:24 PM
Anybody excited for tomorrow? (~^_^)~

Mad Poster
#116 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Wow, those look uncomfortable.

Well, I was a teen at the time and nothing was uncomfortable, especially when you wore jeans so tight that you needed to lay down and use a wire clothes hanger to help you zip up your jeans. Crazy times and yes I did suffer for fashion. I admit I was a clothes whore.

Field Researcher
#117 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 10:11 PM
^^ lol, i was just telling my mom about this sp and she said the same thing; only she said she used a fork instead of a wire close hanger to zip them up. i asked her if they gave her really bad muffin top and she said no, pants sat a lot higher.
Mad Poster
#119 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 7:14 AM
Downloaded the SP and tried registering it through the official site. It was a no go. Can't register Seasons or Decades. Can't get the Pinball Machine for pre-ordering Decades. I should have learned my lesson by now. Oy!

Top Secret Researcher
#120 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 12:34 PM
Wow! The BBS is boiling: people are unable to redeem the pinball, the new TV has a crappy image moodlet... And more seriously EA broke the game music! People reports having no music at all anymore. That's an amazing fail. Haven't got the SP yet but now I'm afraid to grab it
Mad Poster
#121 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 12:49 PM
Yeah, just found out that if you purchased through Origins and use the same e-mail then Origin will register for you. http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3.../387162#U387162 Didn't work for me. I bought Seasons from Gamestop and was able to register the first day, haven't had the icon on My Page since then. What I really wanted I can't get to redeem the pinball machine code.

EA wants to have us get digital downloads and play only through servers? Not with this type of service. I am tired and done.

Top Secret Researcher
#122 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Wow! The BBS is boiling: people are unable to redeem the pinball, the new TV has a crappy image moodlet... And more seriously EA broke the game music! People reports having no music at all anymore. That's an amazing fail. Haven't got the SP yet but now I'm afraid to grab it

How common does the music glitch appear to be over there? Just wondering- it's a serious error, sure, but in the past I've seen reports of some very unusual glitches over on the official forums that rarely if ever get a mention elsewhere. Just trying to verify that this is a frequently-occurring bug with this stuff pack, and perhaps whether or not it could be the result of some weird mod conflict.
Mad Poster
#123 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 1:28 PM
Hmm...start loading the game, no music. Music pops in when picking a save to play. Go in your lot, no musical sounds, just the FX of floating musical notes. I say it's an issue for me. Never had problems with it before.

For some this may not be a problem, but I enjoying hearing the loading music. Especially the ones from Late Night.

Mad Poster
#124 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 1:31 PM
Well, I was a teen at the time and nothing was uncomfortable, especially when you wore jeans so tight that you needed to lay down and use a wire clothes hanger to help you zip up your jeans. Crazy times and yes I did suffer for fashion. I admit I was a clothes whore.

Must have been strong zippers if they didn't snap open. How do you zip up your jeans with a wire clothes hanger?
Instructor
#125 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 2:37 PM
Clothes if I remember correctly were a lot more hardy back then. Everything was really well made, and a lot of it was more expensive than what you see today. Now, I have to decide on this SP or my annoying vice. I have enough for one or the other.
Page 5 of 7