2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#10976 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 9:10 PM
That's just reminded me of the one and only Garden Club member that generated in one of my new custom hoods while I was preparing some playables. He's pink because of a custom skin I have that seems to behave weirdly. It's one of those skins where if any sim gets pregnant by a sim with the S4 skin tone, they'll sometimes come out with bright green, blue, or pink skin, which is why I've now taken to saving one sim hour before a sim goes into labour. I know it's to do with the skin tone range (I think), but yeah, it happens.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#10977 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 4:31 AM
Friends, best friends, and best friends forever... but only enemy? Surprised TS2 doesn't have worst enemies, or arch enemy, or something.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Top Secret Researcher
#10978 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 6:19 AM
TS2 on PS2 does.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Scholar
#10979 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 9:08 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 3rd Nov 2021 at 10:09 AM.
I am so tired!
the constant crashing, despite having the 4 gb patched successfully, cutting back the hood deco and deleting the cache files repeatedly.
90% of the time it doesn't crash I get the sea of purple, 10% the actual view.
really making my blood boil even though I know it's at least partially because I stick way too much in the game.
least my other lesser hoods load, but I might just start Rematra over again for the 7th time, ultimately for this to happen again because I really don't do small. only myself to blame I suppose.

edit #1: Game is still bathing in purple, but so far today it isn't crashing... I give it five mins.
edit #2: lasted ten minutes longer than I expected. haha not even mad!
Screenshots
Theorist
#10980 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 1:50 PM
Today I met a woman called Eldina, and she goes by "Dina"
The name is, according to her, of Arabian origins.
Now considering that the Caliente Sisters are of Arabian descent on their mother's side...could it be that Dina's full name is "Eldina Caliente"?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#10981 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 9:32 PM
It would probably be a dad or grandpa on her dad's side in modern times as my Pleasantview Epic Challenge would have only their ancestors from the 17th century colonization of the town with one side being the Picaso family and the other being the Caliente couple.It would be that Arabian family got in with it being a young man marrying into the family wh'd come as a WW2 refugee fleeing the war.
Top Secret Researcher
#10982 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 8:05 PM
When you want to play a specific family but to play requires you to first furnish a lot... Boring! Anyone wanna do that for me?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10983 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 9:17 PM
I feel exactly the same. Worse still, quite often I have to build a house for them. More often than not, I'll look to see if there's a Maxis house in the bin that I can modify and personalise a bit for their use. Then I'll furnish it as quickly and cheaply as possible (very few of my Sims are wealthy), move them in, and get on with the serious business of playing.

I find it hard to understand that there are actually Simmers who would rather build than play. For me, building, decorating and furnishing are basically chores.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#10984 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 10:17 PM
100 %! But that what's great about the sims community, people making stuff (for themselves but also) for the enjoyment of people who don't enjoy making them themselves. There's always someone. I enjoy gameplay, making sims and recolors. I usually download my lots and I pretty much always find what I'm looking for. But I also pretty much always have to refurnish them and that's the tedious bit. But at least it's not from scratch.

Top Secret Researcher
#10985 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 10:46 PM
I feel the same about building. I'm trying to not be as lazy about it as I usually am, but still. If I need to build something for my sims, i'll build it, but i'll grumble about it and be like "but I just wanna play!"

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#10986 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 1:45 AM
Funny thing about that is, even though I don't enjoy building houses in The Sims...

I mostly enjoy playing the wrestling games for create-an-arena mode.

But sometimes the premade houses are just too small or the layout is too weird and inefficient to get used to, so I have to build my own house or do some edits.
Top Secret Researcher
#10987 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 2:50 AM
I either play houses I didn't build, or build houses I won't play.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#10988 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 4:57 AM
When you have been playing sims 2 for almost a decade and you think that no more mods can be made. A big mod you come across takes your gameplay to a whole new level and re-energizes the sims 2 passion and will keep playing for a decade more.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10989 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
When you want to play a specific family but to play requires you to first furnish a lot... Boring! Anyone wanna do that for me?

I'm the other way around- I like building more than playing!

But it's worlds I like to build rather than just individual houses, I have loads of them in progress. Not sure anyone's ever going to use them...
Mad Poster
#10990 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 5:06 PM
I refuse to play as is the Maxis houses. They're almost unfit to use, without extensive modification. The routing alone is enough to drive a builder crazy, and I've rebuilt my share of them. I don't know if the developers were stoned when they made them or watching some damn TV home building show because they really are horrible..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#10991 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I refuse to play as is the Maxis houses. They're almost unfit to use, without extensive modification. The routing alone is enough to drive a builder crazy, and I've rebuilt my share of them. I don't know if the developers were stoned when they made them or watching some damn TV home building show because they really are horrible..

That's why I build my own houses and I always take into account how easy objects are to get to without blocking the way so sims don't route fail. Placing furniture is always fun because some of those can be rather large.
Mad Poster
#10992 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I'm the other way around- I like building more than playing!

But it's worlds I like to build rather than just individual houses, I have loads of them in progress. Not sure anyone's ever going to use them...

Surprising absolutely no one, this is exactly my approach too! Especially the whole "liking to build worlds even more than just buildings" side of things- they fit together nicely with things like my university project and the Cascadia city that I'm gradually building with slightly tweaked versions of most of my modern creations, but I struggle with it when it comes to my medieval world! Sure, I can tell mini stories about Stormwall and Westfall and the Iron Circle when I upload something from there, but how can I share all the backstory!? How will I ever teach you the history of the Iron Circle's militant expansionism of the last century, or the supernatural forest's impact on transcontinental trade routes?

...wanders off wondering if I should write a fake history textbook...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#10993 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH

Yeah, it's really puzzling design. I can barely fit a bed in the bedroom, but I need a bunch of closet-sized bathrooms?

And then I still have the Seasons problem where I can't sleep upstairs without overheating!
Forum Resident
#10994 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 12:17 AM
OMG don't tell me my computer crashed and I lost everything. (After removing tons of dust, everything works perfectly)
Top Secret Researcher
#10995 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 11:08 AM
I feel like I want a mod that adds a 0 to all prices everywhere. Everything in the buy/build catalogs and bills. Basically makes everything 10 times more expensive, would probably feel more balanced as you actually have to struggle to afford things. But it seems like no such mod exists, and probably never will since I don't think you can edit all prices.

Alchemist
#10996 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 11:55 AM
The game already has price fluctuations based on reputation, so I don't see why it couldn't be done.
Field Researcher
#10997 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 9:43 PM
I always liked that feeling of starting at a level 1 job and gradually being able to upgrade the TV, bed, etc. to better versions and buy new stuff.
Field Researcher
#10998 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 6:56 AM
Sometimes the logic of this game is baffling. You're telling me a home cook can do lobster thermidor and baked alaska, but pizza and fried chicken are restricted to restaurants?
Mad Poster
#10999 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 12:17 PM
I feel like I want a mod that adds a 0 to all prices everywhere. Everything in the buy/build catalogs and bills. Basically makes everything 10 times more expensive, would probably feel more balanced as you actually have to struggle to afford things. But it seems like no such mod exists, and probably never will since I don't think you can edit all prices.

You can change prices in SimPE for items you think should be reduced in cost. It'd be pretty tedious, though to do it for everything.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#11000 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 1:29 AM

There are mods that increase the bills to each household. If you feel like your Sims are getting too rich too quick, this is an excellent and easy way to keep them from getting too much wealth too quickly.

I used to have that problem until I got into really detailed decorating the houses. Now every penny helps my sims live their best lives.
Page 440 of 515