Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 1:54 AM Last edited by callum91 : 1st May 2006 at 10:45 AM.
Default SimPose2. How to load up Meshes in SimPose2
hey

THis is how to load up a model in SimPose2, ONLY

NOTE: If you are new to SimPe, or extracting meshes, or Meshing, you shouldnt really do this. UNLESS, you are really determined.
But if you dont know how to mesh, read some tutorials on this site first!

Maxis meshes are found in :
C/ProgramFiles/EAGames/TheSims2/Sims3D/Sims3.package

You can use custom meshes too.

What you need: Simpose2 (simpose.com) and SimPE (sims.ambertation.de)
and packages(more to that later)

Step1: Open up SimPe.
Find a MESH.package, that you wanna have a 'play around' with.
Click on GMDC. Then right click -> extract.
Then save it like (expample) 'AFGothDress.5gd'

It is essential for the .5gd part on the end.

Step2. Open a clothing package that 'matches' the MESH.
Then, right click. Extract.
Save it like (example) 'AFGothDress.txtr' . Again, the .txtr is essential.

Step3.
Step3: Open Simpose2.
click on 'Mesh' then find the .5gd you extracted earlier.
The 'default' background is black. And the MESH will appear white.
If you want, for the BASE texture, you can use a skintone. Just find one and load that into it. It will be nude, obviously.
Then with the .txtr image we extract earlier, click on Overlays. Then find it and open it.
The model loaded is your mesh,with skin and clothes on.

To add a face and hair, do the same for above (extracting the GMDC, and Txtr).
By default, the model you load it is (i think) Figure0 and part0.
To add face, click on part1, then load up the face ( .5gd) and if you want (it is best if you do) , load up a skin texture, like the body.
Then for hair, slect part2 or 3, the load up your hair ( .5gd) then as your base texture, is can be .txtr .
If it is, it will add an 'alpha look' to the hair.
Meaning, it will look like my Pixie hair (FOR EXAMPLE) .And not 'solid'

I hope you understand that.

If you find helpful, PLEASE comment&thank

If you want to aask questions, just reply

callum91

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 6:53 AM
woohoo~~ urmm.. a picture might help me to understand more clear.. anyway THANKS!

Woof !
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 8:32 AM
added pictures

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 10:22 AM
Click on GMDC?, I am lost already? GMDC what is that? its probably something very simple, but I am not good with acronyms, thanks
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 12:26 PM
i kust be v stupid but wht does simpose actuall DO?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 12:49 PM
Its a little program that you can put your sims into different poses and save the poses, using different Meshes and Textures (outfits).
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 1:16 PM
this is great!! i'll definitely try this out...
thanks for making this

visit my sims2 site: http://lliella.com
:::everyday fashion for your sims:::
Forum Resident
#8 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 12:52 PM
I've tried to do that, but don't know where to extract hair, glasses, clothes, etc. It's in the SimsXX files, but which ones ? (I wouldn't want to sound lazy but my computer's slow...)
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st May 2006 at 6:32 AM
frenchsim, the 3D files (GMDCs) are in Sims3.package

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#10 Old 1st May 2006 at 6:34 AM
Callum91, you may want to edit your original post to include mention of the fact that this is a tutorial for advanced users, and if they don't know how to identify, find, and extract the needed files and textures from the game (which one would learn through learning to mesh), they, erm, really shouldn't be messing around with that stuff, honestly. Simpose will not be useful or easy to use for anyone who isn't at that point already anyway.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#11 Old 1st May 2006 at 6:42 AM
I just found this 'tutorial'... not only are the descriptions about where to find things majorly lacking - extract a face from where, what files? etc...

It also doesn't cover all of simpose itself. I mean, great, I loaded a mesh in with a texture. I could do that in milkshape. How about how the posing works? Can we load in premade poses? Btw, shots taken in simpose will not fufill the site requirements here of *in game* shots.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd May 2006 at 5:48 AM
I have a comment also. Good, we put a sim in there. How do we apply it in the game? Can we apply it in the game? I am not as new now. I haven't been on this site for a while because I was off learning how to make meshes. I can make meshes now. Please, can someone tell me how to apply it to a sim in the game, if I can that is.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd May 2006 at 5:50 AM
just woundering here, but dose anyone know if we will be able to take poses that we make here and put them in the game? maybe this is already out there and im just not finding it. but i think becuse of the fact that the sims2 is amost the same as poser with the right hacks. simposer would now be elite (i recall the good ol' days when simposer was at its peek!)

Andrew Shields My personal portfolio

Andrew Shields Facebook Page <3
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd May 2006 at 6:04 AM
i dont make hacks, so i dont know
And as im aware, you cant export animation from it yet, to wat i know of

Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd May 2006 at 1:42 PM
Unless you downloaded and installed SimPose2 with your eyes closed, you should already know that it's still a work in progress and cannot currently do all the stuff that the original version could do - i.e. no exporting newly created animations back into the game, yet.
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th May 2006 at 10:21 PM
THX for this. it was really helpful
i played around with it a bit, but I still don't have a clue how to save the poses
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th May 2006 at 5:06 AM
PeachT, i cant sav them properly either

Test Subject
#18 Old 9th May 2006 at 7:07 PM
I'm an old hand at simpose, I made many signatures with it for another forum. I get simpose 2, it's not that different, however I can't get custom content to work. Is there something special you need to do?
Test Subject
#19 Old 12th May 2006 at 9:38 AM
Can't get to work as in... they can't be loaded in?

I have a better sulution to finding all the files in your Sims 2 folders. If you want custom content you can download the mesh and texture straight off the net and convert them to .5gd and .txtr files in SimPE... though you still need to find the skintone mesh. You can download a custom skintone with its won mesh if you can't find one. I had alot of fun playing with the joints .
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 7:37 AM Last edited by xxJ0YL0VENiMExx : 13th Feb 2007 at 8:47 AM.
Wow Thankyou for the help!!! :P

Quote: Originally posted by PeachT
THX for this. it was really helpful
i played around with it a bit, but I still don't have a clue how to save the poses

Quote: Originally posted by callum91
PeachT, i cant sav them properly either

From me!
It is possible to Save poses..
You create a library, so you can save your poses into them.
Each pose is kinda like a book in the library.
So if you want to want to save a pose into a New Library,
Then you click Pose Library - New
If you want to open a Library you have previously saved, then you click load.
To save a pose, you simply click
Pose Library - Save Pose

Make sure the pose is saved in the right library, and that you also Save the library once you're done by clicking
Pose Library - Save/Save As..

I hope that helps...
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 5:34 PM
How can i load a face from a sim in-game, ii have the pose, i have the clothes, i have the skin-tone.. It only miss a head..
Can someone explain this good for me?
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th May 2007 at 6:01 AM
I Love to see Simpose back in town LOL but i have a problem, I cannot see make up properly it covers all the face in green he, can you help me? Thank U ^_^
Instructor
#24 Old 17th May 2007 at 10:01 AM
Simpose 2 is a very nice tool if not overly user-friendly, but it's useful only for pictures for now; as JustTheBast said, it's still under development but I'm not aware of any changes since last year.
It's still really fun when you've figured out the controls; Milkshape has now more or less the same functionalities and the pose can be extracted to make statues, for example (not full animations), but Simpose allows to also change the facial expressions (to an extent) and the the lighting settings are a big plus, since you can adjust them to match the background picture and get a complete atmostphere.

There is a short tutorial about extracting the textures on the Simpose site, but it's clearly for advanced users. There are also a few quirks - for example I'm able to use only the bmp files for skintones when all the rest works as supposed, the positioning controls are a tad confusing, and the model tends to take a little walk on the scene if I'm typing in MSN at the same time
Also, extracted textures with long file names should be renamed to something shorter or they won't work - but anyway it's usually better to rename them to something self-explanatory.

Puppyfreaks, no need for a skintone mesh, the skintone should be applied to the clothing mesh and the clothing texture as an overlay

CoutureAngel, you can extract the face of a saved sim (you'll need to extract it with SimPE if the sim was born in game or if you don't have the sim package anymore, there is a tutorial about this somewhere on this forum): open the sim package, find and extract the geometric data container, named "age_3" or something like that (not the LOD15 one). Sometimes the package includes accessory meshes or such, you can click the "preview" button to make sure of what you need to extract.

Ninalorien, I didn't have issues with make up except with the long names - did you extract the .6tx file?
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th May 2007 at 6:37 PM
Yep, but I'll try it one more time, Thank U!!! :D
Page 1 of 2