Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 6:39 PM
Default Garage door to portcullis and other large gates
This is my first time posting on MTS. I've been working on a star wars world and have been trying to make jabbas palace. the issue I'm having is turning the garage door into the palace door. When the garage door is opened it disappears until closed again. Looking at the clip files there is an opened state clip but the Jazz script doesn't utilize it. I've very much an amateur when it comes to script modding and jazz scripts and all the tutorials I've looked at are overwhelming for me. if someone could help me change the garage doors jazz script to show its opened state ide be happy to make other objects like castle gates.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 19th Mar 2022 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by radicalclown
This is my first time posting on MTS. I've been working on a star wars world and have been trying to make jabbas palace. the issue I'm having is turning the garage door into the palace door. When the garage door is opened it disappears until closed again. Looking at the clip files there is an opened state clip but the Jazz script doesn't utilize it. I've very much an amateur when it comes to script modding and jazz scripts and all the tutorials I've looked at are overwhelming for me. if someone could help me change the garage doors jazz script to show its opened state ide be happy to make other objects like castle gates.

I think the issue isn't actually with the jazz script, but with the animation/moving parts.
It looks to me like when the door is opened, it will play the "opening" animation and then do the "opened pose". So if the issue is that the door actually disappears for the "opened pose", you'll want to override that animation with one that just has the door at the top.

edit: okay that might a lie :p
I just looked at the garage door code, and it has a geostate
public override string OpenGeoState => "garageWithoutDoor";
So it's actually an object creation thing, as the opening geostate will need to include the door rather than just have it missing
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2022 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
I think the issue isn't actually with the jazz script, but with the animation/moving parts.
It looks to me like when the door is opened, it will play the "opening" animation and then do the "opened pose". So if the issue is that the door actually disappears for the "opened pose", you'll want to override that animation with one that just has the door at the top.

edit: okay that might a lie :p
I just looked at the garage door code, and it has a geostate
public override string OpenGeoState => "garageWithoutDoor";
So it's actually an object creation thing, as the opening geostate will need to include the door rather than just have it missing

Great to know. thanks! but how do i fix this?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 8:24 PM
Case closed everyone i figured it out! Just had to actually select the doors meshes with the face selector in TSRW