Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 3:00 PM
Default Clean Installer/Net Framework Issues
I installed all the proper files for Net Framework and Clean Installer a couple of years ago. Everything worked great for 48 hours. Then, one by one, every system on my computer started crashing. I tried removing the programs and was effectively locked out of my computer....access denied. I couldn't get in, couldn't reboot, couldn't anything. I eventually had to have a friend wipe the entire hard drive and start from scratch. Lost everything on the computer. Now I'd like to start meshing, but I've found that again, one of the programs in question is required. I'm scared to death to install this again. I can't go out and buy another computer if it blows up. Any advise would be great.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 10:00 PM
Dot net framework would have had nothing to do with you not being able to access your PC; it sounds like you downloaded a virus. Make sure you have good, up-to-date antivirus programs (there is a thread on good, free antivirus progs over on Sims 2 Community) and download the dotnet framework ONLY from the Microsoft site.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 10:56 PM
Yeah, I was thinking I might have gotten a virus from somewhere. Trouble is, I did download direct from Microsoft. I think I'm gonna make a backup date before I attempt this again.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 5:58 PM
Also be sure that your antivirus protection is up to date. It is dotnet FX 1.1 that you need for the Clean Installer.
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 1:56 PM
If you plan to use SimPE (one the newer releases) in your mesh creations, you'll need Net Framework 2.0

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 6:24 PM
Yeah, I've got net framework 2.0 riding in a folder awaiting installation along with SimPE and Milkshape. Just making sure I don't have a catastrophic crash first. So far, so good though. No difference noticed yet with Clean Installer and net framework 1.1.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebud1773
Yeah, I've got net framework 2.0 riding in a folder awaiting installation along with SimPE and Milkshape. Just making sure I don't have a catastrophic crash first. So far, so good though. No difference noticed yet with Clean Installer and net framework 1.1.

So should I uninstall Clean Installer first and then install .NetFramework 1.1 and then reinstall Clean installer, or is it ok to just install .NetFramework 1.1 and do nothing to Clean Installer?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 7:01 PM
You have the answer in your thread. Please don't double post.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.