Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"How was your day, dear?" The Housewife Dress

by Anubis360 Posted 24th Oct 2009 at 8:07 PM

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 83 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Scholar
#26 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 6:56 AM
This outfit is really wonderful! All other jobs in Sims 3 have uniforms or special outfits. Except housewifes. If being just housewife as a Sim (with 6 children and a big house with garden) you are called "unemployed".
Mad Poster
#27 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 7:09 AM
Offended by humor in a pixelated game. *sheesh*

I love the descriptions, they are hilarious! Especially with not liking Miley Cyrus. I have to hear her crap all day, so yeah, she is annoying. Hahaha!

I love this dress in TS2 and can't wait to put on my housewives in TS3. Thanks alot!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 8:13 AM
The outfit is lovely and I'm just downloading it to include in the wardrobe of my Sims 3 ongoing housewife Clara Paon (http://paonlegacy.wordpress.com; new chapters coming around next tuesday). Thank you!

I must also leave a comment about the description: it's hilarious! I couldn't have had more fun with a CC description. I wish more creators took the time to create (or find someone to create it for them) funny descriptions.
Test Subject
#29 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 9:39 AM
Thank you so much! I love them! Those were my favorit in Sims 2. And can you make the cherry pattern from Sims 2 too?
Field Researcher
#30 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 9:47 AM
These are great!! Thank you Anubis!!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 10:10 AM
I looooove them all ! These dress looks amazing on the Sims 3, thank you for sharing
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 10:26 AM
Great and funny description AND nice dress. Would you make this without the apron as well?
Instructor
#33 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 10:33 AM
wOW Anubis that was really creative! I'm impressed. you inspire me to do better.
the dress conversion is high quality, love it!
Wiki Wizard
#34 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 10:34 AM
This is fantastic, so glad you got it finished! :D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 10:35 AM
Beautiful!Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 11:32 AM
Wow :P
You really don't have a music style :D
MILEY ROCKS FOR LIFE! :D
She isn't annoyiong, she's awesomeee! :D
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 12:50 PM
Great dress and very funny description. Donna Reed lives on!
Test Subject
#38 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 1:12 PM
Thank you so much for these, i hated the heart on the original version but loved the style of dress and really wanted to have it in the sims 3 i tried to make one of my own but it looks more like a pumpkin anyway thanks so much you saved me the hard work.

I also loved the descriptions. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 4:40 PM
Love the dress! Your description had me laughing too. I love sarcasm! One thing though - I'm currently having problems downloading it. I keep getting the 'can't find page' screen. Maybe too many people are trying to download right now. I'll try later.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 7:04 PM
This was one of my favorite dresses from TS2! Thank you so much for the conversion!
Scholar
#41 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 10:45 PM
shame you're not doing it for elders, that's a great grandma dress
Instructor
#42 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sadisticpyro
Love the dress, but your descriptions are a little offensive. Just sayin'. (:

Oh, whatever! I wrote the discription, and it is not offensive. It is poking fun at how a wife used to have to be a perfect little housewife, and comply with their hubby's every wish. The whole point of the picture's that Anubis took, and the discription I wrote was to point out just how ridiculous the whole "woman = housewife" idea is. Back then, they used to think that a womans place was stictly at home, in the kitchen making food, and taking care of her family 24/7. Now, we all know that it's ridicoulous to try and confine anyone to any steryotype, or role. It was simply a joke. It was simply making fun of the whole gender role thing, and how we've changed from then to today. If somone wants to be a housewife, then that's absolutly fine.... but my point was not every mom and wife has to be anymore.

By the way, love the dress.... it's perfect, and i cant wait for other TS2 conversion form you!

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 4:12 AM
Another stay-at-home-mom/house-wife here. I too loved the descriptions. And the dress??? FABULOUS darling! Really great job and a wonderful idea! I never would have thought of that and think it's so cool that you not only did think of it, but executed it superbly! LOVE IT.
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 8:23 AM
Hey! Thanks so much for this dress, I really love it - just what I need for one or two of my oppressed, near-servant wives in the 'hood. Don't know if this was just me, but it took a really long time to download, several minutes.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 4:54 PM
People get offended too easily these days.

I'm very happy to have this dress and use it not just for housewives (lol), but without the apron, it makes a cute classic lolita dress!
Test Subject
#46 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 12:23 AM
Rated 10 of 10.

Great job! You are awesome and one of my favorite friends. I'm just admiring your excellent job and the description is not offensive is funny. The quality of your job is more admirable for us.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Your always friend in California.

Gerardo.
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 2:35 AM
i must agree with that little boy sim... miley cyrus sucks, and she's annoying. >.> lovely dress btw.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 5:11 AM
oh god i love the pictures you've made for this!

mi cuerpo es mio. no se toca, no se viola, no se daña, no se mata!
Forum Resident
#49 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 2:52 PM
Oh, this is just a-dorable!
Except...spaghetti straps? On MY 50's sitcom wife? Scan-da-lous!
Test Subject
#50 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 5:02 PM
I think your descriptions less accurately fit a loving housewife, and more a pathetic doormat. Just saying.
Page 2 of 5