Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 11:47 PM
I won't be unlocking any high end showbiz until after my town had a campus and a few shopping districts with a downtown being added in and my town is just entering the winter of 1841 which is the second winter season for the Jankowsys who arrived in 1840.I'll just have mostly farmers and homesteaders with a few working at military part time.Nobody is going to school until the town is populated enough to have a schoolhouse for children and not all of them would attend and before that is just home schooling as there won't be enough for a school.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I won't be unlocking any high end showbiz until after my town had a campus and a few shopping districts with a downtown being added in and my town is just entering the winter of 1841 which is the second winter season for the Jankowsys who arrived in 1840.I'll just have mostly farmers and homesteaders with a few working at military part time.Nobody is going to school until the town is populated enough to have a schoolhouse for children and not all of them would attend and before that is just home schooling as there won't be enough for a school.

I feel like your challenge is a lot more interesting than mine, honestly. Those are rad ideas and I'm definitely thinking of disabling school for my lower class families, honestly. But how are you doing the big 4 careers without university (politics, architecture, education, law, the 4 you need to unlock everything else) or school?
Mad Poster
#28 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 11:16 PM
I've got flexi school and all of the Simlogical options and others installed in my game and there's only a few unlocked from high school though mine can do that in town locally at first before a campus is added and school is being added in Dodge though it will be mostly town kids attending when the town is big enough for a school though home schooling is available if parents maxed out logic and charisma and also are literate.I'm using a trait system so some might be illiterate and to change that would have to earn at least one each of charisma and logic to change the illiterate to literate.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 26th Mar 2023 at 11:34 PM
Okay, inactive thread, but....

I've been trying this myself for a bit now, and something just recently occurred to me. Are there (or should there be) any special rules regarding the secret hobby lots?

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
#30 Old 28th Mar 2023 at 7:12 PM
I only allow sims who've unlocked them to visit and community lot versions with public access could be built when the town's population starts getting large enough to support them.Thatwould happen when newcomers move in or couples all start bearing children and growing their families.I'm using a modified BACC rule set for my Pleasantview game starting it as a 17th century colonial settlement in early America.
Page 2 of 2