Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 7:21 PM
Default What have you been doing in bluewater village?
post what you have been doing with the tinkers,landgraabs,ramirezs and the others tell me every detail,i hope this hasn't already been created if it has tell me please
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 8:27 PM
The Tinkers died off long ago. I have one Sim left who married a Ramirez but I don't currently play him.
I replaced one of the Landgraab descendants with a better-looking version of the same name without the numbers. The story was he claimed to be an heir and diddled the existing Landgraab out of everything, including his wife. I haven't played the Landgraabs much lately.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
The Tinkers died off long ago. I have one Sim left who married a Ramirez but I don't currently play him.
I replaced one of the Landgraab descendants with a better-looking version of the same name without the numbers. The story was he claimed to be an heir and diddled the existing Landgraab out of everything, including his wife. I haven't played the Landgraabs much lately.

did you do anything with Florence Delarosa, Chester gieke and the Larson twins? (Larson and gieke families in family bin)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 10:08 PM
The Tinkers sold their home in Bluewater Village and absconded to the suburbs of Pleasantview, where they built their forever home across the street from the Goth family mansion. Stephen and Wanda had a set of twins before reaching old age, and those kids, Abigail and Thomas, are now teens. Stephen became a lieutenant in the Pleasantview police department while Wanda stayed home to raise the children.

Melody Tinker left for university and met her husband, Alexander Goth, there. They had a long courtship throughout their freshman and sophomore years, committed to a relationship at the beginning of junior year, and married shortly after graduation. Alexander had to get Wanda and Stephen's blessing, of course, and kicked off a spectacular friendship with the both of them. Melody went on to give birth to a daughter, Curie Goth, and is encouraging her husband to build his relationship with his older sister so their child can be well acquainted with both sides of the family. Melody works as a scientist when she's not helping to raise her daughter.

Stephen Tinker just died in my last rotation, leaving behind a very tight-knit family. He had just given his approval to his youngest daughter Abigail's new boyfriend, Kabir Ramaswami, and was happy to host family game night the night of his death. Wanda is distraught, but is pulling through thanks to her children and new grandchild.

The Ramirezes were able to keep the furniture store afloat for some time before Check found his passions changing. He eventually sold the business and opened up a new one downtown, this time called Studio Salvador, after his second child. It's a pottery and crafts studio open to public use with a shop in the front to sell his handmade pottery. He also opened up a salon next door as a graduation present to his daughter, Tessa, who dabbled in cosmetology throughout university.

Tessa is a romance sim with a knowledge secondary aspiration. She began a relationship with Beau Broke early in her adolescence that survived all through college until the two married. Mind you, Beau and Tessa had a phase during college where they opened their relationship, with Tessa enjoying casual flings with Jimmy Phoenix, Xander Roth, and even Don Lothario. After graduating and romping about with Don Lothario as an adult, however, Tessa realized she wanted to have more than the puppy love that had begun as kids and warped into the weird, undefined partnership that it had become. She proposed to Beau over dinner at her parents' home, and the two were married shortly after.

The Landgraab family has grown quite a bit. Malcolm Landgraab was smitten with the ever cool and collected Jodie Larson from the moment he met her. Soon, he was coming by every day to see her, offer her gifts, and take her out all over town. It didn't come as a surprise to anyone when he proposed and whisked her off to his chalet on the hill after years of dating. They married and had one child, a daughter named Leslie.

Jodie got a job in politics, and is now Bluewater Village's congressional representative. Malcolm sold a business or two to fund his wedding venue, Lovers' Lane, where he charges $5,000 per couple for the use of the change rooms, party area, and catering. His brother-in-law Jason actually married his husband there, free of charge.

Leslie Landgraab is the kindest, most excitable sim around, and is very active in the community. She hosts community parties at Hunter's Park, displays her artwork around the house and sometimes opens it up to the neighborhood, and is eagerly chipping away at those skill points to get a bunch of scholarships for college. Her dad may have been born into wealth, but her mom hasn't forgotten eating week-old takeout in the dark with Uncle Jason in her early adulthood, and won't have a spoiled rich kid under any circumstances.

Florence Delarosa had a years long affair with Don Lothario, resulting in three kids -- Cordelia, Clementine, and Thatcher. She sold her home and built a beautiful home in Downtown Pleasantview to house her new family. When Don divorced his wife Cassandra Goth, she welcomed him with open arms. The two had a very loosely defined relationship, with both content to date around while co-parenting their children in the home. Florence found love with the bookish Gabe O'Mackey, and the two are now engaged. Don moved out to live with a girlfriend to not disrupt Florence's new relationship.

Finally, Gilbert Jacquet sold the bakery to open up a sports center. He has had a number of affairs everywhere, with anyone interested, much to the chagrin of his mother. Denise eventually died, and Gilbert went on to fill the void with more women. Currently, he is in a polyamorous relationship with Jennifer Burb and Nikki Zhang, who both share his home with him, and has entered elderhood still running from his problems.
Scholar
#5 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:06 AM
In my Sheffield hood, Bluewater Village was abandoned in the recession of 1980 and is awaiting urban renewal. Most of the Sims who were living there lost nearly everything when their businesses failed and the value of their stocks plummeted.

The Tinkers have never recovered, and are living on welfare in rented accommodation. Melody scrimped and saved through college and is now married to Tom Freshe, with whom she has a baby named Lauren. They are also living in an apartment, but are saving up and should soon qualify for a mortgage. Damian, a teenager, is going steady with Lorelei Picaso (second daughter of Matthew and Jessica), and should be off to university soon. Ron "the Stinker" (who refused pointblank to be potty-trained) and Autumn are still children, and there's another baby on the way. They also have a dog and a cat, which Wanda bought when I was at the pet store with another Sim.

Jason Larson has been in and out of construction work, but recently landed a better-paying job in law enforcement. He has just become engaged to townie Angie Kosmokos, and they plan to move out of Jason's tiny flat and buy a place of their own in the main hood when his rent is up. Jodie married Phineaus Furley (premade from one of the universities), with whom she has one son, named Lars. Phineaus has a good job as a lawyer, and they also found an old gypsy lamp, so they were one of the first families to afford to buy a home and are doing very well. Jodie seems happy to be a housewife.

Lisa Ramirez joined the army and is now an astronaut living on the military base. I had thought she might make General, but young Gavin Newson came flying through the ranks and is probably going to get that last promotion on the next rotation, meaning Lisa will have to settle for being an astronaut, since I only allow one General. Checo briefly had a job in the business career track while Tessa was a teenager, but has since been made redundant and looks after baby Carmen. Tessa is completely unlike her hard-working mother and only got through college because Lisa's rank gave her a military scholarship to a private school where she was made to study; left to her own devices, she would probably have flunked out of the first semester. She is engaged to Luc Tricou Tan. Between the money her parents gave her when she left home, the money Luc 'inherited' from his father (I gave each of the Tricou sibs $14,000), and the money they found in an old lamp, they are very well off and don't really need to work.

Chester Gieke married townie Marylena Hamilton, with whom he has a daughter named Lucy. They also have a kitten named Bonkers. Chester has had several jobs and is currently on the Adventurer career track, while Marylena is a Projectionist. They live in a small bungalow in the main hood.

Gilbert Jacquet was briefly engaged to Florence Delarosa, but she quickly tired of his dithering ways and odd relationship with his overbearing mother, and broke it off. Gilbert is now married to townie Pamela, one of his initial sweethearts, but pretty much ignores her. Neither of them has a job.

Malcolm Landgraab managed to cheat his creditors by changing his name to Michael Langerak, and thus retained his entire fortune. He adopted the Crittur dogs and kept one of the puppies, Pluto, though the other two puppies were given away. He and Florence have just got engaged.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 2:49 AM
I sold and bulldozed most of their houses and businesses, because I had a different style in mind for the hood. The only one I kept was Club Dante, which was altered.

I decided Malcolm Landgraab was gay, to limit the impact of that DNA. He runs Club Dante and has involved himself with a series of boy toys. He has one daughter he had via surrogate, Marion. She just graduated from college and stands to inherit his business and fortune.

The Ramirezes got jobs and sent Tessa to private school. She's a teen now and basically a latchkey kid. She threw pool parties every day all summer for her private school friends while her parents were at work.

I aged up Denise until she died. Gilbert is an actor who lives in a beachfront penthouse. He's fathered a few kids, but never settled down.

The Tinkers got jobs and sent Melody to college. She had a relationship with another girl, but after Kylie dumped her for not wanting to come out, Melody moved to a downtown loft and became a Natural Scientist. After Stephan and Wanda died, Melody moved to a country house in a rural subhood. She just became an elder, started dating again and Sandy Bruty just moved in.

Florence Delarosa, Chester Gieke and Jodi Larson are all in houses but unplayed until I find a reason to integrate them. Jason Larson married one of my sims. She's pregnant with their 5th child.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 8:58 PM
wow! interesting developments, I thought this thread would get ignored!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 9:50 PM
Chester Gieke has become one of my favourite sims over the years. He is currently an elder in Black Rock Moutain, the big hood. He raised alien twins and later married Christy (Social group townie) - she is in the medical career - and they had more kids then. Chester has retired and spends his time teaching at the unemployment center or just getting up to things in general.

Jodi has never married - she became Chief of Staff, though, and is not above flirting or dragging sims into photo booths. Jodi has recently celebrated her elder birthday and is set to marry Herbert Goodie, who is now a widower and has been seen sneaking into photo booths with Jodi once in a while.

Jason is the Superhero in the hood these days, even though he is old enough to retire. He married a social townie, Amanda (Carson?) and they have kids and own a small furniture shop. Jason is superfit.

He also trained Stephen Tinker on the exercise machines, so Stephen has become fit - and better at toy making. They sold that huge house and moved into a small house after Melody went to Uni - and later moved in with Melody and Husband (CAS sim of mine) to take care of the twins. Melody is a mad scientist. Her husband (Philip Collins) is closing in on reaching the top of the adventurer career. (Edit - I have to add that Melody is gorgeous)!

Florence Delarosa became Florence McCartney when she married teen shopping clerk George (after he went to Uni and grew up, of course ). They have twins, business and house were sold and she is in the medical career now. George is a Criminal Mastermind and they seem as happy as can be for now. Florence may open a flower shop again after her retirement; George will keep working until he drops dead, I guess.

Denise and Gilbert - Gilbert: His 2 girlfriends are extremely popular in Black Rock Mountain and has long moved on. Denise and Gilbert still own the bakery, but sold the house and moved. Gilbert works as in the culinary career; dating everyone available in between.

Malcolm - he is quite a nice guy and still run his businesses (I did change them a bit) - but he has been rather neglected by me. I should return to him some time.

Oh, yes - Ramirez - Lisa is in the education career, but not really making much progress, because - twins and helping to work in the businesses. Tessa is at Uni right now. Checo works in the business career, owns a book shop and still that furniture store, and just loves meeting new people. They have moved as well - and will soon retire and move to the retirement hood.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald123
did you do anything with Florence Delarosa, Chester gieke and the Larson twins? (Larson and gieke families in family bin)

Florence married the black sheep of a rich family and they had a daughter who now runs the shop. I haven't played her much. The Larson twins moved to Veronaville and married (both now dead). Never played Gieke family.
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 3:19 AM
I decided to include Bluewater for my Pleasantview epic challenge, and I'm really glad I did - I've grown pretty fond of these Sims since then. X3 Though, I'm not too fond of the whole business thing. I tend to just kind of ignore the businesses. So here's what I am doing with them:

-Malcolm Landgraab married Dina Caliente. They are honestly so perfect for each other it hurts. She had a son that she named after him, in the Landgraab family tradition, but what her husband doesn't know is that it's actually Mortimer Goth's baby......

-Lisa and Checo Ramirez had another child; Tessa is now a teenager, and is going steady with Beau Broke.

-Melody Tinker went to college, she's majoring in Literature. Wanda and Stephen had two more children, and there are no plans to open a toy shop. As a side note, it became obvious to me pretty quickly that Maxis didn't actually take genetics into account when they designed Melody, because she does not look like the rest of her family at all.

-In a weird turn of events, Gilbert Jacquet ended up marrying Mary-Sue Pleasant after a one night stand resulted in her pregnancy. Denise is thrilled with her grandchilren, but poor Gilbert suffered such a huge aspiration drop after they were born that he had two breakdowns in a row after having to change their diapers.

-Florence Delarosa seemed like the perfect candidate to turn into a PlantSim, so that's what I did. She spawned a PlantBaby, and she's currently in a romantic relationship with Darren Dreamer. I might do something with the two of them later, but I'm not sure at the moment. I honestly find her kinda boring.

-I'm going to be honest, I really love Chester Gieke and I've played with him in a few different ways in the past. This time, I moved him to Pleasantview and had him get abducted by aliens... Twice. He has two children and actually rolled a Want to get Abducted 5 times. I'd like to have him build a Servo, but crafting is so slow and he has other things to do so that might not happen this time around.

-After reading the description for the Larson twins, and how they got their money from throwing parties, I decided to turn the two of them into wild party animals. I gave them Pleasure secondary aspirations, gave them unnatural hairstyles, and had them go live Downtown. Jodie is currently eyeing Don Lothario, and Jason got married to Nina Caliente.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 3:42 AM
Would this be the appropriate thread to share about sims from the Bluewater Beginnings (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523347) hood, or is there a separate thread for that?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 11:29 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 26th Oct 2017 at 9:01 AM. Reason: typo in last sentence
I've never seen any special threads for the Beginnings 'hoods. (@marka93 would know for sure). So please tell us what your Bluewater Beginnings Sims have been up to in this one.

cheshirekat started a similar thread to this one, Bluewater Village worthy sims back in 2010, but it only ever got 9 replies, all of them within a week. I had it bookmarked so I could post in it when my Bluewater Sims had done enough to be worth reporting, but now that this new thread has started, I think I'll post here instead. In terms of Hatched, Matched and Dispatched (=Births, Marriages and Deaths) nothing has happened at all, but that's not really what my game is about. In my game, Bluewater is a sub-hood of Veronaville, but I have found that, possibly because of the distance from central Veronaville, Bluewater Sims tend to form a bit of a clique, hanging our with each other (though they're quite happy to take Veronavillians' money when they come into their shops!). Give me a week or two to gather my thoughts. and I'll post what they've been up to.

It might be nice if some kind mod could combine the old Bluewater thread with the new one. Most of these "What did you do with the XXXX characters?" are in the "Common Threads" category, which I think helps to identify them as long-running threads.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#13 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 5:07 PM
i'm the creator i just forgot my MTS password so i had to make a new account anyway i'd say anything to do with bluewater village can be posted here,i'd love to see pictures too
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 3:38 PM
Since there is no more recent topic to cover this and I like to tell my stories :-D

So far I have only played Landgraab, Ramirez and Tinker, I connected the area to Pleasantview.

Landgraab Malcolm is still running his Electronics Superstore and Club Dante. When it comes to love, he had a serious crush on Nina before she died (I resurrected her later, but let's stick to the topic). He eventually fell in love with former SSU student (and college drop-out) Allegra Gorey, who lived together with her best friend Jane Stacks and helped her out with her home business (a flower shop) while having her own job in the Entertainment industry. Malcolm was impressed by her hard work and ambition, something she had only discovered herself after dropping out from college. They seemed perfect for each other. Allegra moved in, but she was still engaged to Joe Carr, a Townie. She broke up with him and married Malcolm. They have their first daughter together, Lien. A few hours after childbirth, Allegra and Malcolm woohoo'd again autonomously and Allegra is now pregnant with their 2nd baby. (it's a thing by the way since having the ACR mod: they always try for another baby right after childbirth, and I always forget to put them on birth control )

Ramirez Lisa got pregnant again and had another daughter named Sarah (with the same creepy eyes as Lisa ). Checo is still very busy with his furniture store, while Lisa is still a stay-at-home mom, socializing with some friends and neighbors. She is, among others, good friends with Alexander Goth and Lucy Burb. Now that Sarah has grown up into a child, she starts thinking about what to do next. Tessa is a teenager now. She is head over heels with playboy-next-generation Lassad Broke, Brandi's 3rd son. She is also good friends with Kevin Dreamer (Cassandra & Darren's eldest son) and with Gabriele Caliente, Dina & Mortimer's son. Kevin is gay, so he will definitely not be her next love interest. Gabriele would be perfect for her, but she is too blind to see that Lassad is just playing with her.

Tinker Wanda & Stephen are really plain boring. They had another daughter named Sophie and continue trying to get their toy store may any profit. They almost went bankrupt, so I gave Wanda a job as a teacher to get by. Melody is off to university. As a teenager, she went steady with Alexander Goth. She hoped to continue the relationship with him while at university, only to discover he already had a new relationship on the campus, with his roommate Lucy Burb. Luckily Melody had a nice roommate too, named Beau Broke. Beau proposed to her and she said yes, but then drama started. For whatever reason they started to fight and the one always rejected to other for autonomous woohoo while being on another lot as visitors. Melody then (also autonomously ) started having woohoo with Alexander, in the sorority house where Lucy lived, of all places! They got caught by both Lucy and Beau, and now it is a huge drama. Lucy married some random townie out of revenge/frustration/... and is already pregnant, so in theory Alexander is free now. She is however still engaged with Beau so maybe they can make it right? And is Alexander actually willing to have a committed relationship with Melody again? He is still seeing Lucy as well. To be continued...
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 3:48 PM
About the Larsons: my boyfriend, who had never played the Sims 2 (or any Sims whatsoever) picked them to play in whatever neighborhood he wanted (except for Pleasantview, that's my territory :-|). He moved them to a tiny house Veronaville, Jason is now a policeman and Jody a nurse, as far as I know. Jason is having a relationship with some Townie and will probably move to a bigger apartment and ask her to move in with him. Jody has no chemistry with any other Sim whatsoever, so she will probably stay alone.

I would do far more dramatic things with them if they were "mine" instead of "my boyfriend"s"
Field Researcher
#16 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 5:13 PM
I play mine as a part of a Megahood (with Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville, Riverblossom Hills, Downtown and 2 unis).

Delarosa
Florence decided to close her flower shop and instead become a scientist, which is making her a lot happier. She just married Erik Swain of Sim State University and they are expecting their first child.

Jacquet
Denise and Gilbert are still running their bakery. Gilbert fell in love with Cleo Shikibu, and after some persuasion (from both his mother, who wanted him to finally settle down, and Cleo herself) they finally got married and Cleo has recently given birth to a baby boy, Louis. He is mostly being taken care of by Denise who is just happy she is finally a grandmother.

Landgraab
Malcolm Landgraab IV is a successful businessman and is running 4 businesses in both Bluewater Valley and Downtown. In one of his businesses, he employs Nina Cliente, who introduced him to her twin Dina and it was a match made in heaven. While Malcolm is working hard at his businesses, Dina enjoys being a stay at home mom to their kids Malcolm V and Charlotte in their luxurious mansion where she has all the staff to help her.

Ramirez
Ramirez's furniture shop has been doing really well, so they have been investing into more businesses. Tessa is now a teenager and going off to college soon. They also had another child, John, who is currently a toddler.

Tinker
The Tinkers wanted more children, but had trouble conceiving, so they adopted a girl called Harmony. When Melody went off to college and the house started to feel a little bit too quiet, they decided to foster more children (ex townies) - currently 3, but with plans to foster more once Harmony also goes to college. In order to provide for all their children - real, adopted and foster - they decided to switch from home business to regular jobs in Law Enforcement and Education careers.

Gieke
Chester struggled to find himself a partner, but then he met Jane Stacks of Sim State University and immediately fell in love. They now live in Downtown together with their first child, Jeremy. Jane wants a big family, so they are looking forward to having a few more kids soon.

Larson
Jason got a job in the Medical carer and Jodie got a job in the Law career. They don't live together anymore, as they both recently got married - Jodie married Andrew Martin and moved in with him in Riverblossom Hills, while Jason married Kristen Lots from Strangetown. Jodie and Andrew's daughter, Hannah, is already a toddler while Jason and Kristen's son, Kevin, was literally just born today. From now on, they both plan to focus on their careers as much as possible and therefore are not planning any more children.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 5:59 PM
Started out with a "clean and empty" Bluewater, and it looks like turning into an "Artist's colony" sort of place. Moved in two families, each of which includes an artist - one is just the artist, so far, the other is a gay married couple, one artist ("Struggling", with pension), one politician. Raising some Oceanographers who will probably move in pretty soon. They'll want beachfront lots, I'm thinking.

Will have to figure out what to do with the shops, as some of them do not work if nobody owns them. (Most notably, the "J'Adore" bakery, which shipped bugged, as did the house the owners lived in.)
Field Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbostic8
Finally, Gilbert Jacquet sold the bakery to open up a sports center.

Gilbert, a sports center?! That's both amazing and hilarious! I love it.

I only started playing Bluewater Village a few days ago, so not much has happened yet.

Gilbert and Denise Jacquet sold their business and moved in with Florence to help with her flower shop. The shop is doing allright-ish. Florence kept wanting to see wolves, so she's now a werewolf. She and Gilbert also had a baby, Coralie, who is currently the cutest toddler ever.

Malcolm still runs his Club Dante but sold the store. He got a townie pregnant, and now has a son, Malcolm. Denise Jacquet left the Delarosa household to move with him because LOVE.

The Ramirez are doing OK, Lisa just had a son, Tacito.

I haven't done anything with the Tinkers or the family bins yet.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 5:44 AM
I've also been finding out that the Bluewater Village terrain is very very delicate, and if you make too many changes it starts ripping apart at the seams and you'll have the devil of a time fixing it.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 2:55 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 10th Apr 2021 at 3:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Raindrop_D
I only started playing Bluewater Village a few days ago, so not much has happened yet.
I've only been playing Bluewater Village for about five years, so not much has happened yet.

One new CAS family has joined the pre-mades. Miriam Hunter, who lives in a nice single storey house at 22 Toboggan Way, with a swimming pool in the front garden. She has two children, Hermes and Candy, and a lodger-cum-lover called Nicholas Watson. Soon after she arrived, Miriam befriended Lisa Ramirez. Lisa told her about the old Hunter family who used to own all the land round Bluewater. In the 18th century Hunter's Park was the park of the now long-gone Bluewater House, the home of Sir Reginald Hunter before he lost most of his money at the card tables of Downtown. He gifted the park to the community in lieu of property taxes that he was unable to pay. Miriam realised that she had, quite by chance, come to live in her ancestral home town. It has given her the incentive to try to re-establish the Hunters as a force in Bluewater. Miriam, with some money borrowed from Julian Moltke for a hairdressing chair, is trying to set up a home business as a hairdresser. At the moment she's only offering free makeovers. She doesn't feel confident about charging customers until she has at least a bronze cosmetology badge.

Malcolm Landgraab has taken in Romance teen Downtownie Marion Hutchins to live with him. There's no romantic relationship. They share a bed, but that's just being practical -- there is only one bedroom and one bed in the palatial Landgraab residence. There's no romance, but they're very good friends, and they work well together. She's making a big difference in both of Malcolm's enterprises. I was with them recently at the Electronics Superstore, and they were an effective team along with Malcolm's employee Marcellus Tennyson. Marion worked the till, Malcolm concentrated on sales, while Marcellus looked after restocking. All in all it was quite a successful day's trading. But I am just a little concerned that Malcolm may be exploiting Marion. He gives her everything she needs -- pretty well everything she wants, but he doesn't appear to be paying her any wages. Moreover he has her dressed as a Bunny Girl, entertaining customers at Club Dante. Marion is a long term friend of Andrew's, so I'll maybe get him to give her a ring and invite her over for a chat, just to check that she's OK.

This probably won't come as much of a surprise, but Gilbert Jacquet appears to have a bit of a mother complex. When the names of his townie girlfriends were randomised, one of them got the name Denise! Denise Taylor to be precise. Now why would Gilbert choose a girlfriend called "Denise"?? She's the one who used to have the ridiculous sticking out ponytails. I snapped her a few days ago walking along the Via Veronaville:
Here she is last year, when she got her makeover from stylist Shaw Marsden at the Bluewater Baths and Spa:
I'm sure she looks much better without the ponytails.

The Larsons moved into that strange "upside down" house at 25 Toboggan Way, across the road from Miriam Hunter. They don't feel able to start a business yet; they have taken ordinary jobs in the hope of saving enough capital to start on their own.

Otherwise the business owners of Bluewater are plodding along, trying to build up their under-capitalised businesses. I don't like to tell them to sell some of fancy stuff in their houses, and then they might have some capital to build up their businesses. Sometimes I wish Maxis had given one or two of them established profitable businesses, instead of them all struggling along at level 1. (I think the Club Dante may start at level 2.) I think Malcolm Landgraab would be the obvious candidate. It seems odd that his family have left him with two struggling businesses to run and a ridiculous overblown mansion to live in.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.