Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 6:18 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 17th Apr 2021 at 6:41 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the type of right telescope he is stargazing with.
Default Sim not getting abducted in custom world with high logic
My Male Sim is already at level 9 of logic and been stargazing many times from 9 pm to 6 am and still hasn't gotten abducted. Is there any reason why this not yet happened?

What I'm currently playing with:
  • The Sims 2 Base Game (I'm certain it should happen with that alone)
  • No CC (but I do plan on installing crucial ones that reduce the risk of neighborhood/game corruption).
  • Forget to mention, but yes he does in fact use the expensive Farstar e3 Telescope.

Is there anything I'm missing or should know about?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 6:27 PM
I don't think logic has anything to do with abduction. It's a very rare event unless you use the Free Time perks, or the sim has been abducted before, or you have a mod to make it more common. Supposedly it is more common for knowledge sims, but I think that might be it.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 6:38 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Apr 2021 at 6:52 PM.
I think it's also tied to the largest telescope.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Alien_abduction

It's far more likely to happen in Strangetown than custom hoods, though. Most likely because of the scripted events and the odds of when a sim has been abducted before they're more likely to be abducted again.

I remember I found this very frustrating back when I didn't have the full collection of EPs. I think maybe the chance is a bit higher after FT, but I could be wrong. Maybe I just remember having the perks (or using a mod).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 6:42 PM
Well, the Sim in question is a Knowledge Sim and is using the largest telescope. So idk what's up... Hopefully I get to have him abducted before he turns into elder. I think I still have time.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 6:44 PM
Like I said, it's very rare even for knowledge sims unless you are using a mod or the Free Time perks.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 7:01 PM
Statistical cluster. Try rolling the pacifier to jolt the randomizer.

I think the vanilla chance is only 5%. Even summoning aliens with the FT perk can take several tries.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 7:38 PM
I think I remember a discussion where someone said there was a better chance of abduction if you stargazed three times for an hour, then once for three hours. Anyone remember a source for this?
This mod might help also:
http://cyjon.net/node/152
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 2:48 AM
I went through three generations in Strangetown with nobody being abducted, even though several Knowledge Sims were out stargazing with the big telescope every night of their teen and adult lives, so I think sometimes it just happens (statistical cluster, as Peni says). Once the aliens returned, they visited quite regularly. My theory is that their space program was temporarily halted due to problems on the home planet. Hope yours solve their problems soon!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 3:01 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th Apr 2021 at 6:24 PM.
I think what solved my issues was the same method that solved the "why don't my sims have twins?" issue. I cheated a couple times, and from there on suddenly twins and aliens popped up everywhere (even when I didn't want them...).

Maybe forcing it a couple times acted as a trigger. Poked the randomizer, perhaps. Either way, from there on my sims were every once in a while abducted away to be experimented on, and maybe there was a tiny green bebe three days later (or two... or... *gasp* four. Memo to sims: Don't eat a double portion of cheesecake after a trip in the saucer )

I made my sims stay away from the telescope when I didn't want them to be abducted, though.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 1:54 PM
When that happens to me with the big telescope, I tend to forget about wanting it randomly and end up forcing it with the interaction of summoning aliens. However, it is not as fun as if it happens.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 1:59 PM
It is an extremely rare event. However, since you don't have Freetime, you can use the DEBUG - Be Abducted action, which triggers an alien abduction. This is provided you're comfortable using debug mode and don't mind cheating.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
It is an extremely rare event.
I have a theory that the chances are inversely proportional to how much you want it to happen.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 5:39 PM
If you go by Cyjon's estimate of 180 hours on average, that's about 20 nights, which does work out to 5% (per night) or 0.55% per hour roughly. I'm sure it's much less than this in my game, but perhaps I just don't let very many sims have that telescope!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 1:20 AM
When do babies grow up? Three days? I'm thinking of cheating my way for the Sim to be forced-abducted the final exact day before its too late for them to get impregnated and care for alien child till they teen.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 2:25 AM
Mad Poster
#16 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 4:04 AM Last edited by Annaminna : 19th Apr 2021 at 4:21 AM.
Sims lose their fertility 5 days before elderhood. If you want him have an alien baby, the very last day is 5 days left in adult lifestage. If abduction fails to impregnate you sim can use elixir of life and try again.

There are some rumours for triggering abduction. What worked for me was placing crashed UFO neighborhood object right next to lot with telescope. Everyone in household got abducted and several times. But it may be coincidence. Another rumour is if you keep your new neighbourhood in neghbourhood view until you see an alien UFO flying around, so it means they are interested in your neighbourhood.

But the best of course is hacked telescope what you can download here on MTS.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 3:16 PM
Thanks every1 for responses. Another question, but does the alien abduction success occurs at random hour or is there specific at which hour timer after the Sim starting stargazing?

Well, it seems as though I will have to cheat since my Sim is about to become elder in 6 days, which isnt enough to care for (alien) children till they teen he will have, and cant afford the exilir of life oh well

Nevertheless, than k you all for the advice <3

Mad Poster
#18 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 3:36 PM
It can happen at the very first moment until the very last moment , there is no specific time. Happened for my sims at very different times. What I noticed, if a sim will get paid for discovering a star there will not be an abduction for him this night.
Theorist
#19 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 3:44 PM
That reminds me of one neighbourhood where nobody was abducted for *generations* and then, once I cheated for it to happen once, it started happening all the time, including one Sim who was abducted *three times*, giving birth to four alien children in the process.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.