Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 2:14 PM
@simsample
Be sure to check back here in a couple of days. I have around 40 more. Hopefully I'll have them uploaded along with a .iso download by then.

SCREENSHOTS
The last ones for tonight.

Image 57: SIMS2pcSCRNpoolparty003.jpg

Image 58: SIMS2pcSCRNputtingatoffice.jpg

Image 59: SIMS2pcSCRNrichgirl.jpg

Image 60: SIMS2pcSCRNriverside.jpg

Image 61: SIMS2pcSCRNscoop1.jpg

Image 62: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen001.jpg
Screenshots

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 3:50 AM
Another day, more SCREENSHOTS.
Some of these may be duplicates, for some reason they are like that on the disk.

Image 63: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen004.jpg

Image 64: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen003.jpg

Image 65: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen005.jpg

Image 66: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen006.jpg

Image 67: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen009.jpg

Image 68: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen011.jpg
Screenshots

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 8:53 AM
I just noticed after 4 years on this site I finally gained the title of Lab Assistant.
SCREENSHOTS

Image 69: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen013.jpg

Image 70: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen014.jpg

Image 71: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen012.jpg

Image 72: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen015.jpg

Image 73: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen018.jpg

Image 74: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen016.jpg
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 3:38 PM
MORE SCREENSHOTS

Image 75: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen018.jpg

Image 76: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen019.jpg

Image 77: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen021.jpg

Image 78: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen022.jpg

Image 79: SIMS2pcSCRNscreen024.jpg

Image 80: SIMS2pcSCRNspringbreak.jpg
Screenshots

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 5:04 PM
It's interesting seeing things that were changed or that didn't make it to the final version. Like the sim who told her sister about the cheating husband, or the industrial CAS podium. The UI looked different too, and so did the fruitbowl- and of course there are a lot of hairstyles we would have loved to have but that they changed or scrapped. I see lots of early versions of the final characters- Don, Dina Nina... who is that blonde with dark eyebrows in Daniel Pleasant's pool? Also a lot of 'lost' items that creators have retrieved from the game files, such as a painting and the cabinet.
Theorist
#31 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 7:10 PM
In that presentation, where Beta-Don (Baxter) cheats on his wife with Beta-Dinah, not only does his wife sister catch them cheating, and tells the wife, but the sister also is the one to beat up Beta-Dinah. I wish they kept this sort of awareness in the final game. It's always so awkward when a Sim cheats on their partner, and the partner's family treats them like nothing happened (for example Don leaves Cassandra at the altar, and a day later he comes over and chats and plays chess with Mortimer like nothing happened...you'd think Morty would have something to say to the guy who hurt his daughter like that...)
The only remnant of this is that Sim children start crying and get negative relationship if they see one of their parents cheat.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 6:27 AM
SCREENSHOTS

Image 81: SIMS2pcSCRNstargazing.jpg

Image 82: SIMS2pcSCRNspringfling.jpg

Image 83: SIMS2pcSCRNsurgicaldummy.jpg

Image 84: SIMS2pcSCRNswing001.jpg

Image 85: SIMS2pcSCRNswing002.jpg

Image 86: SIMS2pcSCRNteachingtoputt2.jpg
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 10:58 AM
FINAL SCREENSHOTS!
Well, this is it. After this post I'll link a download to the .iso.

Image 87: SIMS2pcSCRNteenangst.jpg

Image 88: SIMS2pcSCRNteenfight.jpg

Image 89: SIMS2pcSCRNteenparty.jpg

Image 90: SIMS2pcSCRNtripping.jpg

Images 91 & 92: SIMS2pcSCRNufo002.jpg

Image 93: SIMS2pcSCRNwealthyswimmers.jpg
OH MY GOD IS THAT A CAR?

Image 94: SIMS2pcSCRNzengarden.jpg
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#34 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 6:50 PM
Thanks a lot for these! It was very fun scrolling through this thread :-) this video though:

Is that a Hasselblad camera I'm seeing??? Oh boy, if only that mesh would still be somewhere in the game files... (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#35 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 7:55 PM
^^ That dude looks like the prototype for Sim Sample!

I've not heard of anyone finding a camera mesh, but then again that video has a lot of models that look to have been made just for that animation. So maybe they weren't in the game, anyway?
Field Researcher
#36 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 9:12 PM
I remember seeing the "teenfight" screenshot pre release. That sure is a lot of Sims to have over.
Theorist
#37 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 9:20 PM Last edited by Orphalesion : 27th Apr 2021 at 9:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I remember seeing the "teenfight" screenshot pre release. That sure is a lot of Sims to have over.

Well two of them are the parents who (irrc) in that scenario were "out" while the teenage daughter had a wild party. But even so, yeah that's a lot of Sims and probably would never have worked on the average computer back then :P

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
.. who is that blonde with dark eyebrows in Daniel Pleasant's pool?

Good question, she doesn't look like Beta-Mary Sue (who had brown hair, in an up-do) but what's interesting is that her hair doesn't animate (it clips through her upper body in the upper screenshot and moves along with her face in the lower one)
So that screenshot might be from the short period during pre-release when Maxis said that they probably would have to scrap animated hair and no long hair styles would be shipped with the basegame.
Thankfully they managed to work it out afterall! I mean from a modern perspective the hair physics of Sims 2 aren't *that* good, but from what I remember they were quite spectacular back then.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#38 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 9:42 PM Last edited by simsample : 27th Apr 2021 at 9:55 PM.
There was a broken lamp involved with that party! I remember being so excited to be able to build houses like the one featured in some of the promo material, decks and hilly terrain were not possible in Sims 1 (or Sims 4 )!

Edit: I found an early Mary Sue- look at that UI!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#39 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 10:15 PM
^ I just remember seeing that screenshot (on Gamespot no less) and thinking the nighttime lighting looked so cool.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 12:52 AM
The Sims 2 Bodyshop Demo Disk Download
Well here it is. I've uploaded the disk image to the Internet Archive.
--> DOWNLOAD <--

The disk contains the images and videos here, a demo version of BodyShop, trailers for other EA products, and an installer for Quicktime.

WARNING
DO NOT install Body Shop from this download if you have any form of The Sims 2 installed on your machine. The version provided is a demo version. Installing this version when the full program is on your system can cause multiple issues.

Also as a bonus, here's the wallpapers from the disk:

Screenshots

Mad Poster
#41 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 6:53 PM
Cars were originally in the basegame, but they weren't finished in time, so they took them out and re-enabled them with Nightlife when they were finished.

Apparently they did all the coding and models for pets in the base game as well so that when they made the Pets EP it was minimal work just to add them in. It's so clever the way it was thought out and planned through.

I didn't know the gossip remnants we have are just junk - I was under the impression all these years that gossip actually worked properly and was waiting patiently for the moment a sim heard about cheating through gossip!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#42 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 7:30 PM
I think the gossip does work as intended, but they originally intended it to work differently:
https://twitter.com/JustJakeSimpson...520142872825858
Mad Poster
#43 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 9:30 PM
I finally looked through these tonight and what a blast it has been Thank you for hunting these down and posting them.
Theorist
#44 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I think the gossip does work as intended, but they originally intended it to work differently:
https://twitter.com/JustJakeSimpson...520142872825858

I really find the justification why they took out that function out very silly.
The game communicates with you through text and pop-ups all. the. time. so an additional pop-up about why a Sim's wife is suddenly mad at him because she heard of his cheating through gossip would not really have changed all that much, and it would have been a fun and important feature to have imho.

Mad Poster
#45 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 4:41 PM
Yes, but I remember the way they originally intended it to be being teased in trailers and interviews etc before the game was released. I was VERY excited about TS2. I hung onto every word of those interviews! And I didn't have any knowledge about game development. So naturally, I assumed that everything that was talked about would be in the final game.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#46 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 7:52 PM
Quote:
So naturally, I assumed that everything that was talked about would be in the final game.

So did we all, eventually-and to be fair, the game did come in with a lot of stuff that was built up on, although to this day there are so many things that many people wanted to be in it, just like all the following iterations of the original game.

But the iterations are nickel and dimed to death, to the disappointment of their players.

We got lucky that EA wasn't as greedy the first time.
They got lucky the first time and then they got greedy afterward.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 2 of 2